Sleeper Team Driver Life HODGKINS

ManInBrown

We are slower coast to coast because we use trains all or part of the way with many loads. We pull many Grand Vista loads into Mesquite where they go on a train the rest of the way. It's all done to save $$.

With the economy taking a dump for the foreseeable future I bet the trains beg UPS to slow down the migration of loads to sleeper teams.
We have two that just got posted. I believe both go to Mesquite at some point.

Brown Now

I believe I was told FedEx was faster in roughly 42% of the lanes.

UPS is incredibly quick compared to FedEx Ground in Metro Chicago. I’m talking days faster.

Don’t be fooled, Teams are more costly than moving trailers by train.

Teams are the highest paying jobs outside of being a pilot. Sorry Package Car folks, there is no comparison. Browns make more than Package Cars as well. A 600 mile mileage run with some delay time in a Brown , will far exceed what anyone can possibly make in a Package Car.

$1000 per week take home? I have no idea what you’re talking about. Feeder far exceeds that. Average gross for Sleeper at scale is roughly $3300-$3500 gross per week, per driver in that Sleeper unit. It’s why many heavy seniority drivers bid Teams. The MONEY!

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Average gross for Sleeper at scale is roughly $3300-$3500 gross per week, per driver in that Sleeper unit

That may be average for your building but it's way too high for mine. We have quite a few sleeper runs and most are between $2400 and $2900 a week for 3.5 to 4.5 days out with one trip back through our domicile.

quad decade guy

I believe I was told FedEx was faster in roughly 42% of the lanes.

UPS is incredibly quick compared to FedEx Ground in Metro Chicago. I’m talking days faster.

Don’t be fooled, Teams are more costly than moving trailers by train.

Teams are the highest paying jobs outside of being a pilot. Sorry Package Car folks, there is no comparison. Browns make more than Package Cars as well. A 600 mile mileage run with some delay time in a Brown , will far exceed what anyone can possibly make in a Package Car.

$1000 per week take home? I have no idea what you’re talking about. Feeder far exceeds that. Average gross for Sleeper at scale is roughly $3300-$3500 gross per week, per driver in that Sleeper unit. It’s why many heavy seniority drivers bid Teams. The MONEY!

You don't have any idea what I'm talking about because you don't pay attention and read all the posts. I had a regular brown truck run that paid $140k. My new sleeper run pays $1,000 cash take home EXTRA ON TOP OF THE $140K. Every week. Every payday. Get it?

Johney

You don't have any idea what I'm talking about because you don't pay attention and read all the posts. I had a regular brown truck run that paid $140k. My new sleeper run pays $1,000 cash take home EXTRA ON TOP OF THE $140K. Every week. Every payday. Get it?
So you're saying you made $140k a year running a regular brown tractor feeder run? I'm trying to pay attention.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

B50B8558-4500-4F3D-B6CD-C48843A574D8.jpeg

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I don’t doubt it’s possible. I doubt a package car driver works 58-60 hours a week year round. That’s all. You didn’t post the date on your stub, so prove me wrong and you win.
We have at least 5-6 people my center that that run out of hours by Friday in package. They literally work almost 14hrs everyday. They do extended routes so it’s mostly driving but they get close to 60hrs every week. Idk how they do it. I get 45 or less and I am
More then happy