"Slow PPH"

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
But its sometimes more fun to be on the "radar".:happy-very: Although I don't consider it bargaining one thing for another, think about the position the supervisor is put in. You are telling (indirectly of course) the supervisor you will not go any faster for fear of more misloads and discipline from said misloads. You are also saying (in my opinion,) the neither the union nor you yourself recognize the production numbers from the company. But you are not being insubordinate as you are still doing your job as directed by a supervisor.

Then say that!!!

iowa boy

But its sometimes more fun to be on the "radar".:happy-very: Although I don't consider it bargaining one thing for another, think about the position the supervisor is put in. You are telling (indirectly of course) the supervisor you will not go any faster for fear of more misloads and discipline from said misloads. You are also saying (in my opinion,) the neither the union nor you yourself recognize the production numbers from the company. But you are not being insubordinate as you are still doing your job as directed by a supervisor.

Then say that!!!

Grg,

We all know it should be said like that, but I myself can't come out and directly tell my sup that I will not work any faster as that can be (and probably would be) construed as being insubordinate (even though I'm not being), and that is grounds for discipline as well.

I learned a long time ago that your choice of words in a conversation will either cover your butt or will get you in a lot of trouble. (i.e. remember being 15 and mouthy).

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This is an even worse idea, if you ask for something in writing and get it , and it is signed by anyone, the company will use this against you in the discipline process. They will try to sat that you agreed to this and that you are now not doing what you said you would do.

Simply do the same things you been doing, when they tell you to go faster simply say I am doing my best, and move on. No big deal!!

I completely disagree. It is impossible for most people to average 400/hr, 95% of baggers do not average 400/hr, and the numbers show this. Therefore, UPS has no ammunition to even prove 400/hr is acceptable EVEN IF they signed some sort of fake document stating so and signing it.

Therefore knwoing that you will never see the document, you will never hear about it again.

EVEN IF YOU WERE offered a document (not happening), ask your union rep to be present WHEN the company does give this information , and ask why EVERYONE IS NOT BEING HARRASSED (but not disciplined) EXCEPT FOR YOU when it comes to the new standard of production.

It is a no-win situation for the company.

What you are saying is that "it's a no win situation for YOU THE HOURLY, as the company will use this in the discipline process" And you know as well as I the company CANNOT DISCIPLINE YOU FOR PPH.

Bottom line: Work to the best of your ability, ask for it in writing with a rep present, and then shoot it down when you ask for the numbers of the rest of the workgroup. You are not agreeing to any false numbers and documents the company offers at your request: but you are agreeing that the rest of the group is not performing those same numbers. The harrassment will stop.