Slowly but surely

Indecisi0n

Why the sudden push for driverless cars?
What is the ultimate objective?

Will the owner/driver stay at home and send his car to the grocery store?

We can't find a cure for cancer(s) but, by God, we have driverless cars.

Someone help me understand this...
When it is fully implemented which I believe won't be so for time now it will be just like when they automated the car manufacturing feild , mass unemployment . It's all about cutting cost and saving money for the already rich .

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Why the sudden push for driverless cars?
What is the ultimate objective?

Will the owner/driver stay at home and send his car to the grocery store?

We can't find a cure for cancer(s) but, by God, we have driverless cars.

Someone help me understand this...
The people working on this don’t also work on cancer research.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You think your dad ever thought he’d see computers in every home? Let alone ones in our hands far more powerful than anything they could imagine? Or tv’s 80 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick?

Those things don’t have the power to kill you or someone else.

Adoption of autonomous vehicles will be very very slow, even then you’ll still have drivers, such as pilots in planes, that are there in case something goes wrong.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Do they work on teeth?
Not fast enough. Why don’t we have this yet?!
7C81A9B9-416B-4B18-A93C-F6905DEAE6C3.gif

dudebro

This is what starts to happen when you let technology go too far:

Everything you need to know about the Boeing 737 Max airplane crashes

I would be curious to know what the lawsuits will add up to . A lot of time we will hear about small multi million dollar wins but most are kept on the hush hush as part of the deal.

And remember, they say driving is a lot riskier than flying.

Maybe, but what you don't have in this article are all the times the technology saved lives because the people on the flight simply arrived at their destination none the wiser.

People keep assuming tech will have to be perfect. I would like it to be, and that's the goal because all deaths are tragic, but the goalpost isn't perfection, it's just "better than people".

Next thing someone will do is bring up a guy like Sully who landed the Airbus on the Hudson River, but, every person is not as good as he was either. A lot of people suck.

For instance, the Continental (now United) crash in Buffalo occurred because the pilot repeatedly DISREGARDED the tech, which was BEGGING him to lower altitude and pick up air speed and he kept overriding it because he was so focused on chatting up the female copilot.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Those things don’t have the power to kill you or someone else.

Adoption of autonomous vehicles will be very very slow, even then you’ll still have drivers, such as pilots in planes, that are there in case something goes wrong.
Simply saying we will see many things in our lifetime that we never imagined we would see.

My guess is by 2030 we will all be able to buy autonomous vehicles at any dealer. By 2040 they will be widely accepted.

The Driver

I drive.
For instance, the Continental (now United) crash in Buffalo occurred because the pilot repeatedly DISREGARDED the tech, which was BEGGING him to lower altitude and pick up air speed and he kept overriding it because he was so focused on chatting up the female copilot.

But was she hot?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I’ve always wondered if they’ll try to outlaw older vehicles or make them be retrofitted at least with sensors to communicate with newer vehicles.
It will be cool to have option available so long as the government doesn't overstep and :censored2: it all up like they do with everything else. This technology could obviously not be applied to motorcycles and would completely defeat their purpose if it could. I could see most of the hemorrhoids that should be in one of these and can afford them getting one so they can chug their Starbucks with one hand and text or browse a tablet or whatever with the other. Which is more than fine by me.

clean hairy

Put the self driving car hoopla to the test!
Put 40 of these cars on the track at Bristol, with instructions to each to come in 1st.
Be interesting to see what happens when an engine goes and spews oil all over the track.
Self driving cars would know when to pit and when the it is time to leave the pit?
They would not run into each other on the track? They are programmed to avoid accidents, right?