Slowly but surely

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes , in Phoenix.... now read up on how people in regular cars are reacting to these autonomous vehicles, it’s not pretty. The “drivers” in these autonomous cars have had to call the police many many times.... on all sort of things... cars trying to get robot cars to slam into them... yelling at driver in robot cars.... following robot cars, tailgating robot cars.... sounds like it’s pretty bad.... now imagine if there’s no person inside a robot car.... people would slash tires, brake windows..... etc etc... look at what’s going on with these scooter companies.... they are finding these scooters in trees, in rivers, vandalized, people catching them on fire....and these aren’t even an autonomous vehicle.....
People resisting change....I’m shocked lol

Brownslave688

Good :censored2:ing God. Did he go to the custom shop and say "give me the ugliest one you can possibly make. And I want to you hit her in the face with a shovel too." Holy hell.
A0C4DA47-871F-4454-AB2B-BC02AFFBAA12.jpeg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I want to know how the driverless truck will know when and where to pull over in order to chain up in the winter, and how it plans on installing those chains. Or adjusting airbrakes. And will it be able to visually assess and make the appropriate adjustments in speed and braking for icy roads?

dudebro

So let's settle for mediocre pilots and try and come up with a solution because properly training people would be too much to ask . I'd take a well trained human with years of experience over a computer any day of the week .
For now.

This argument makes the assumption that once the software got pretty good, upgrades would stop. They wouldn't. Go find the best human there is at chess. Have that person play the computer. I'll bet on the computer.

Same with driving, then flying. It's only a matter of time.

dudebro

I want to know how the driverless truck will know when and where to pull over in order to chain up in the winter, and how it plans on installing those chains. Or adjusting airbrakes. And will it be able to visually assess and make the appropriate adjustments in speed and braking for icy roads?

This is hard for people but potentially easier for computers in some way. Computerized trucks could talk to each other, and when one senses traction loss they all know when and where it happened. They could also be tied in to hundreds of weather stations simultaneously and figure out where the freeze line is while they're driving. Lastly, because it can drive 24 / 7 without needing a 10 hour reset, you could just have it pull over and wait. It won't get bored and need a hooker or a hamburger.

You can't, unless someone is nice enough to call you on a CB, otherwise, you have to figure it out for yourself.

dudebro

Wont be long until some idiot takes a shotgun to the tires of one of those robot cars....just wait

They already do nonsense like this. They park trucks in front of Tesla chargers and such. But with cameras all around the car, you won't be anonymous when you do it anymore.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They already do nonsense like this. They park trucks in front of Tesla chargers and such. But with cameras all around the car, you won't be anonymous when you do it anymore.
People will shoot another person in broad daylight with cameras and cell phones everywhere.... pretty sure some people wouldn’t care if the car had 360 degree cameras.....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
For now.

This argument makes the assumption that once the software got pretty good, upgrades would stop. They wouldn't. Go find the best human there is at chess. Have that person play the computer. I'll bet on the computer.

Same with driving, then flying. It's only a matter of time.
Only a matter of time that 2 planes went down killing 600+people because of the planes trying to autocorrect something???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The point is it’ll blow over soon enough.
Maybe... what happens if people want to drive their own cars around.... enjoy it, like working on them..... all these scenarios are based on everything out there driving connected to everything else... some people won’t want a robot car...

Brownslave688

Maybe... what happens if people want to drive their own cars around.... enjoy it, like working on them..... all these scenarios are based on everything out there driving connected to everything else... some people won’t want a robot car...
You’re right some people won’t. But that’ll be a small portion of the population. And as younger generations grow up not driving it’ll go away.

clean hairy

If a parking lot is full and your self driving car cannot find a spot, will it give up and go home?
It finds a spot in a nearby parking lot, but is a tow away zone, will it argue with the tow truck driver it is only going to be there a few minutes?
It parks in a fire lane, how do you get it to move?