Slushy Icy Treat

rod

Retired 22 years
Yep.. and more importantly you were able to make a damn decision which everyone is afraid to do now including most mgt..
Correct me if I'm wrong but drivers now aren't allowed to make any decisions anymore are they? And neither can center managers. Who the hell makes decisions now?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Correct me if I'm wrong but drivers now aren't allowed to make any decisions anymore are they? And neither can center managers. Who the hell makes decisions now?
Someone 1000 miles away from the m a office…part of the reason why this company might not be here in 25 years..

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Big cities in the South only have a few salt trucks and plows. No one has tires or experience to drive in it (including UPS). Public transit doesn't run, schools close because school buses can't run. Thousands without power because of downed branches on lines every single time.

Businesses close because of all of the above. Honestly it's a no brainer for UPS to shut down, not much work would get done anyways.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
oie_animation.gif

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Big cities in the South only have a few salt trucks and plows. No one has tires or experience to drive in it (including UPS). Public transit doesn't run, schools close because school buses can't run. Thousands without power because of downed branches on lines every single time.

Businesses close because of all of the above. Honestly it's a no brainer for UPS to shut down, not much work would get done anyways.
Absolutely nobody here was prepared when Texas shut down for a week last February. It was a mess.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Absolutely nobody here was prepared when Texas shut down for a week last February. It was a mess.

I live in a big city in the Midwest... every year.. same story with the first snow fall less than an inch...some clueless, naive motorist closes the freeway, it is like gerbils falling off the cliff. Doesn’t help when the city snow trucks fail to hit the roads because of COVID issues.

Spent 4 long years in North Dakota back in the early 70’s, drove a 1968 Barracuda muscle car. It was early training on what not to do during a snow fall, much appreciated now.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I live in a big city in the Midwest... every year.. same story with the first snow fall less than an inch...some clueless, naive motorist closes the freeway, it is like gerbils falling off the cliff. Doesn’t help when the city snow trucks fail to hit the roads because of COVID issues.

Spent 4 long years in North Dakota back in the early 70’s, drove a 1968 Barracuda muscle car. It was early training on what not to do during a snow fall, much appreciated now.
Any amount of snow is a rarity here. The several inches we got in such a short amount of time made it a relative disaster. Virtually nothing moved the first three days that week. They started taking volunteers to come in that Thursday, and I jumped at the chance. I wanted to get some experience driving in those conditions (it wasn’t fun), and because we had the in-laws staying with us (a man can only take so much of that).

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Any amount of snow is a rarity here. The several inches we got in such a short amount of time made it a relative disaster. Virtually nothing moved the first three days that week. They started taking volunteers to come in that Thursday, and I jumped at the chance. I wanted to get some experience driving in those conditions (it wasn’t fun), and because we had the in-laws staying with us (a man can only take so much of that).
Death before co/habitation with in-laws!