Slushy Icy Treat

Grindstone

Any amount of snow is a rarity here. The several inches we got in such a short amount of time made it a relative disaster. Virtually nothing moved the first three days that week. They started taking volunteers to come in that Thursday, and I jumped at the chance. I wanted to get some experience driving in those conditions (it wasn’t fun), and because we had the in-laws staying with us (a man can only take so much of that).
I'm in TN, that amount of snow and ice we got last year is somewhat rare, too. Not quite as unheard of as your neck of the woods, I'm sure. First day back on Monday or Tuesday, we were specifically directed by our center manager to only attempt commercial deliveries on cleared streets. Spent couple hours back at building EC'ing all the packages, then round 2 hit that evening and they shut down until Saturday. I only had 8 or so years in at that point. Was the first time they had halted routes for that long.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm in TN, that amount of snow and ice we got last year is somewhat rare, too. Not quite as unheard of as your neck of the woods, I'm sure. First day back on Monday or Tuesday, we were specifically directed by our center manager to only attempt commercial deliveries on cleared streets. Spent couple hours back at building EC'ing all the packages, then round 2 hit that evening and they shut down until Saturday. I only had 8 or so years in at that point. Was the first time they had halted routes for that long.
The winter weather in Tennessee is severely underrated. If a cold front north of us dips down from Kentucky right after we just got snow, rain, or sleet (sometimes all three) then it’s gridlock. That’s when the northerners that are here get their slice of humble pie. LOL

finaddict

You as the driver make the decision if its safe to continue, stop and get shelter, or return. Company plays no part in this decision if you decide its not safe to continue. Never forget they will throw you under the bus in an instant for an accident.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You as the driver make the decision if its safe to continue, stop and get shelter, or return. Company plays no part in this decision if you decide its not safe to continue. Never forget they will throw you under the bus in an instant for an accident.

Also will throw you under the bus for “ Job Abandonment “...