Smartpost offered to us contractors at lesser rate

bacha29

You're crazy. The 22amp fuse in the GE Mark 4 made it earthquake proof. The W-1000's can't hold a candle. Sure they use fewer piping valves, but they are GALVANIZED and untreated and aren't UL approved. The cheap natural gas is just an illusitory effect caused by the unrealistic interest rates created by currency manipulation and inflationary deflation in 3rd world grain markets.

So really, unless you get a royal flush on the river, you're better off using a store brand on discount Wednesdays.
Ask the people at Fukushima about the GE units. As for the Westinghouse 1000"s if they are as unsafe as you imply then why did the NRC can't approval for the design years ago.? Either way the obsolete Mark's and the bankruptcy of Westinghouse is clear testament to the economy of natural gas thanks to hydraulic fracturing which has driven nat gas prices down so low that here in the Marcellus region drilling operations slowed to a crawl. In fact a horizontal drilling company at the other end of this county closed down completely . So with all due respect ( unfortunately there isn't very much) I kinda doubt that the price of rice in China has much to do with the state of the US natural gas industry.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Ask the people at Fukushima about the GE units. As for the Westinghouse 1000"s if they are as unsafe as you imply then why did the NRC can't approval for the design years ago.? Either way the obsolete Mark's and the bankruptcy of Westinghouse is clear testament to the economy of natural gas thanks to hydraulic fracturing which has driven nat gas prices down so low that here in the Marcellus region drilling operations slowed to a crawl. In fact a horizontal drilling company at the other end of this county closed down completely . So with all due respect ( unfortunately there isn't very much) I kinda doubt that the price of rice in China has much to do with the state of the US natural gas industry.
Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points, obviously, because what Dano said was lost on you. You accepted his intentional gibberish as an argumentative counterpoint, and responded to it. SMH

12yearsaslave

Then look at facts. There's a limited supply of natural gas out there. Plenty for our lifetime, but will most likely will have run out in 100 years at present consumption. And yet by 2100 our population will be over 500,000,000 if current immigration rates continue. Consumption will go up. Some estimates for natural gas say gone in 21 years. At some point recoverable natural gas will cease, and it's price will certainly go up as supply dwindles. For all the rancor over coal if natural gas runs out coal will be used unless or until a better source of energy is found. Which most likely will be nuclear if people don't want to burn coal.
hmmm....if only we had a fusion reactor burning in space....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Mitzi the freshman sorority gal calls the fire department to report a fire at her sorority house. The dispatcher asks for the address but the gal is from out of state and, well, a sorority gal and doesn't know the address, nor does she know any nearby landmarks to assist in giving directions. All she can say is "We're the Deltas!! Please hurry!!" The dispatcher and Mitzi are both growing more and more frustrated because this is going nowhere fast.

After Mitzi asks again when the firemen will be there, an exasperated dispatcher yells, "As soon as you tell us how to get there!!!!"

Mitzi screams, "Like, DUH. THE BIG RED TRUCK!!!!!!!"

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points, obviously, because what Dano said was lost on you. You accepted his intentional gibberish as an argumentative counterpoint, and responded to it. SMH

Just when you think you've seen it all...

I wonder what he would have done if I'd let a cat walk on the keyboard and posted that.

It will be fine

Anyone else getting smartpost only stops without signing off on the new amendment? My guys have been getting a couple a day. I never signed off so it's full rate for me, easy money.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I noticed an increase in usps barcodes, but I'm just a dumb truck driver...

as long as my ba/bc/bo knows much cubic feet capacity for my minivan of a package car & I can cram it in a la Tetris, that's all I can do to not be set up to fail.

bacha29

Anyone else getting smartpost only stops without signing off on the new amendment? My guys have been getting a couple a day. I never signed off so it's full rate for me, easy money.
Indeed you have been around for a while Long enough to know that it doesn't matter what you sign or don't sign they'll continue to do whatever they damn well please......and they make no attempt to hide it.

It will be fine

Indeed you have been around for a while Long enough to know that it doesn't matter what you sign or don't sign they'll continue to do whatever they damn well please......and they make no attempt to hide it.
I told them I'll take anything they sort to me but I'm not taking a lower rate for the smartpost. We have a deal with a price per stop, I don't care if Fedex generates less revenue for smartpost. I'm not at all surprised their sorting software is screwing up and sending me smartpost only stops. I'll take them at my full rate.

instiches

I told them I'll take anything they sort to me but I'm not taking a lower rate for the smartpost. We have a deal with a price per stop, I don't care if Fedex generates less revenue for smartpost. I'm not at all surprised their sorting software is screwing up and sending me smartpost only stops. I'll take them at my full rate.

They want to cut pay for things they have lower margins on, but those multi package stops where they have insane gross margins on packages 2, 3, 4 etc is not an area to share with contractors.