Smartpost USPS stops...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
iSR, is indirect... So I know which ones will not complain about the delivery and knows where to release them in front of their cameras. I'll use a status tag for those customers I don't know or trust. Gray area between u and the customers & I'm fine for doing so over the years

DSR & ASR... by the book. I did see a few drivers DQ for signing for a wine box & leaving it in plain sight. This one is black/white.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
iSR, is indirect... So I know which ones will not complain about the delivery and knows where to release them in front of their cameras. I'll use a status tag for those customers I don't know or trust. Gray area between u and the customers & I'm fine for doing so over the years

DSR & ASR... by the book. I did see a few drivers DQ for signing for a wine box & leaving it in plain sight. This one is black/white.
What you don't realize is that, were the ISR you released by your own volition, were to be stolen, the customer complaint/claim would fall directly on you to explain. And falsification is a terminable offense.

OrioN

Shrugs, they tell me where to put the box as well as agreeing to it.

I'm probably gonna move on once HD routes are phased out of the FXG opco.

I don't mind the bulk deliveries:

DSC_0150.JPG

20 boxes of various electrical stuff... resis, but has a business as an electrical contractor

The business pickups with various time windows will force me out. Heck, if anyone can do that part of FXG, they should've just goto UPS...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Oh, you'd be surprised. On more than one occasion I've heard swings come off of a route for the first time and say, "Everyone asked me why I make them sign. They say the regular courier never makes them sign." Resis and business deliveries alike!

What Orion is suggesting is almost acceptable. It's still falsification and could get you fired at Express. Better option is to release the pkg under a recipient release and use "verbal release" as the release number. It might be frowned upon but it's not falsification.

We have folks here who do some crazy things too but I can't fathom someone actually claiming that they were on the phone and the other end was controlling the stylus.

But hey, who am I to judge? Our company uses EC (adverse weather) in the middle of the summer when there is not a cloud in the sky or within 2,000 miles.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What you don't realize is that, were the ISR you released by your own volition, were to be stolen, the customer complaint/claim would fall directly on you to explain. And falsification is a terminable offense.

Exactly. Everyone wants to help out the FedEx guy and to get their stuff and that's why they don't mind the ol' "just sign my name" routine. That is, until they get home and the package isn't there. Then it becomes "I don't know why he signed my name, I never allow that!"

Ditto for signing at a business. Good lord, I don't know why anyone would do that but they do. Then, when there's an important package (signed for by G. Smith, courtesy of the courier because G. Smith is busy) that goes to a VIP at that business, and no one can find it, is G. Smith going to drop the dime on the courier? You bet your a** he is. Doesn't matter if it's something that you do all the time with no issue. One day there will be an issue.

CJinx

Ditto for signing at a business. Good lord, I don't know why anyone would do that but they do. Then, when there's an important package (signed for by G. Smith, courtesy of the courier because G. Smith is busy) that goes to a VIP at that business, and no one can find it, is G. Smith going to drop the dime on the courier? You bet your a** he is. Doesn't matter if it's something that you do all the time with no issue. One day there will be an issue.
Seen it happen; G. Smith's supervisor called in a complaint because G. Smith somehow signed for packages on their day off and one of them was missing. Turns out coworkers of G. Smith had just misplaced the package, but at that point the damage was done; instant DQ for the driver.

OrioN

Yeah, I won't do that for businesses or DSR/ASR... butt, when the time comes for me to be DQ, it'll be a blessing in disguise...

I've grown complacent with this bid route. Everyone there knows my flip phone# & I treat them like my next door neighbors.

All the dogs comes up to me knowing I have their cardboard biscuits in my shirt pocket... WtF! just sniff my eggroll & dumplings and move on with your day, dawgs...

With that 7 day work week coming up & no plans to the workforce on how they'll balance the load, I'm going to"leave myself an out" , just in case $hi+ hits the fan again and I'm out there until 0300.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Seen it happen; G. Smith's supervisor called in a complaint because G. Smith somehow signed for packages on their day off and one of them was missing. Turns out coworkers of G. Smith had just misplaced the package, but at that point the damage was done; instant DQ for the driver.

"But it saves so much time to do it my way and they really appreciate that I'll do that. It really helps the customer out!"

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Knew a 25 year employee who signed a DSR for a well known customer on his route, and put it in their mailbox. Turns out they were gemstones(unacceptable goods) that disappeared.

So did his job.

OrioN

He didn't contact the customer first???

Yeah, DSR are usually high value, so no way am I releasing that or wine