Smoother Peak Season the result of PAS?

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Yo Bread----I agreee that it has been a smooth peak-----good weather--PAS--more driver helpers---more driver helpers---did I say more driver helpers??It appears to be a lot easier to use DH's earlier in the season.

I say PT DH's in 08!!!

W

westsideworma

We had a late 12:00PM commit time for next day airs today... So airs were going into the load through out the truck.... PRETTY Fing SCARY if you ask me....Some airs were in the back 7000 section...

I can't wait to hear how messed up the day was...

yeah we did too...we were told to load them in the NDA section or leave them out for the driver to decide. Some of mine were in the 8000 section, obviously not following in trace :lol:

LKLND3380

We had a late 12:00PM commit time for next day airs today... So airs were going into the load through out the truck.... PRETTY Fing SCARY if you ask me....Some airs were in the back 7000 section...

I can't wait to hear how messed up the day was...

FOLLOW UP... All hell broke loose as we had MANY late airs and some business have guranteed delivery times... Upper managements response - didn't you have a PCM to discuss this once it was discovered? PCM are before the start and it was a15 minutes into the sort before anyone noticed it happening...

SO... today we had to be aware and look for these airs.... HERE IS A SIMPLE SOLUTION.... UNDO WHAT YOU DID AND PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS...

LKLND3380

i think we have better planning this year but I also believe we have customers waiting until the last minute to ship... I had to go to the post office and waited in line for 30 mintes and then went to the UPS Store and waited another 30 minutes... I did get my UPS employees discount (upsers.com) of .85 cents...

I think the worse is yet to come... So far it has been smooth OR maybe I am just a seasoned employee and its all business as usual...

tieguy

Banned
somethings going on. Our volume is up over last year by at least 20 percent yet we are having a much smoother peak then ever before.

sendagain

FedEx warned this morning that things were weaker than projected. Our stock looks poised to drop some more. Somebody needs to clarify this picture for me.

W

westsideworma

i think we have better planning this year but I also believe we have customers waiting until the last minute to ship... I had to go to the post office and waited in line for 30 mintes and then went to the UPS Store and waited another 30 minutes... I did get my UPS employees discount (upsers.com) of .85 cents...

I think the worse is yet to come... So far it has been smooth OR maybe I am just a seasoned employee and its all business as usual...

I don't know...today was supposed to be "peak day" and I'll tell you, it was a snoozer. Though they're pushing it with as little OT as possible, expecting someone to load 1500 packages when their pull normally gets about 1100 and giving them only 45 min extra to do it? Think McFly Think....then the laughable "why didn't you wrap?" Cause you suck at allotting time jackass. I think thats more our manager than anything. Other than that its been smooth. No real surprises volume wise. We're also running more routes.

It has seemed a lot lighter for us than last year. Scarily so sometimes.

R

Ray Ray

Pas kicks ***, if you have the right opperator using it, took a 41 car center up to 67, doubled the delivery stops in 2 weeks. Split 37 loads on to 8 shuttles, and ran 50 helper teams, the paid day is down .75 from last year due to the fact that the drivers can work their load right out the door. It takes a lot of planning and execution, the systems can enable the user to help the package driver do his job without the frustration of years past.

LKLND3380

somethings going on. Our volume is up over last year by at least 20 percent yet we are having a much smoother peak then ever before.

Today we broke last years center record 41,000 packages, we did 43,000...
Now last week we had a day that did more than 41,000 as well...

So yeah... a definate increase to have two day beat last years biggest day...

Friday is supposed to be lighter than normal except for AIRS... That is where we are expecting to be hit... AIRS on friday...