So long and farewell....

gixxer squid

Well friends and foes alike here. The squid has sold and is free. Free from a company that enslaves its unsuspecting souls and damns them to eternity.

I have enjoyed the input from many of you. I can't tell you how much I have appreciated both the positive and yes, the occasional negative input.

This is been about a 4-5 month sale process. Fedex is just unbelievable and in my fantasies, one day they will ultimately pay for there greed. (Transfer sat on managers desk 1.5 months, I could go on and on.....)

Yep, I have been staying on top of things, I just haven't had anything positive to say about anything. Honestly haven't.

I can't tell you how fortunate we were to find a buyer at our exhorbant asking price, yes, there are a few out there that will pay top dollar.

We renegotiated a 7.8% increase aug 1. Our settlements have actually dropped almost 10% since then. They make the numbers that a rocket scientist can't figure out. Penalties for late, early or totally missed pickups that are hundreds of dollars yet I get 2.50 stop and .16 cents a box. Basically 1 late pickup and Im picking up for an entire year free.

Code 34's now require terminal approval and everything must be 04. At least we were paid with 34. Now 04 affects service which translates to lost bonus.

Stopped by yesterday to see the guys, I do feel for them. Been getting quite a few late dispatches after 10 and its not even peak. Well, my management insider told me they are now starting the truck sort at 5 am instead of 4 am because company wants to save money. This is been a topic of conversation at every ISP Owner meeting about WTF is going on with late dispatch. Well, here we go.

They are already starting to prepare the outside area for the scabs, uber and lift drivers to come and deliver there 3 or 4 boxes for 10 bucks a stop. Already planning for us to fail. What has this company fallen too.....

The volume of oversize boxes that won't even fit under the bottom shelf is ludicrous.

Fedex is the Chinese Wall Mart of delivery. For those of you who haven't had the control of ISP and think it will be your business, think again. Its only getting worse

Run, don't walk if you can sell....

Peace out my fellow Purple Peeps. Enjoy PEAK :brokenheart:

G S

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well friends and foes alike here. The squid has sold and is free. Free from a company that enslaves its unsuspecting souls and damns them to eternity.

I have enjoyed the input from many of you. I can't tell you how much I have appreciated both the positive and yes, the occasional negative input.

This is been about a 4-5 month sale process. Fedex is just unbelievable and in my fantasies, one day they will ultimately pay for there greed. (Transfer sat on managers desk 1.5 months, I could go on and on.....)

Yep, I have been staying on top of things, I just haven't had anything positive to say about anything. Honestly haven't.

I can't tell you how fortunate we were to find a buyer at our exhorbant asking price, yes, there are a few out there that will pay top dollar.

We renegotiated a 7.8% increase aug 1. Our settlements have actually dropped almost 10% since then. They make the numbers that a rocket scientist can't figure out. Penalties for late, early or totally missed pickups that are hundreds of dollars yet I get 2.50 stop and .16 cents a box. Basically 1 late pickup and Im picking up for an entire year free.

Code 34's now require terminal approval and everything must be 04. At least we were paid with 34. Now 04 affects service which translates to lost bonus.

Stopped by yesterday to see the guys, I do feel for them. Been getting quite a few late dispatches after 10 and its not even peak. Well, my management insider told me they are now starting the truck sort at 5 am instead of 4 am because company wants to save money. This is been a topic of conversation at every ISP Owner meeting about WTF is going on with late dispatch. Well, here we go.

They are already starting to prepare the outside area for the scabs, uber and lift drivers to come and deliver there 3 or 4 boxes for 10 bucks a stop. Already planning for us to fail. What has this company fallen too.....

The volume of oversize boxes that won't even fit under the bottom shelf is ludicrous.

Fedex is the Chinese Wall Mart of delivery. For those of you who haven't had the control of ISP and think it will be your business, think again. Its only getting worse

G S
Congratulations and good luck.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

G S
Good for you!

Glad you were able to sell and get out of that sh1t hole of a place that Ground calls a business.

Happy trails.

bacha29

Happy for you GS. I'm sure that those on this site who accused those of us who got out of "don't know how to run a business or " didn't bother to get up to scale" now have second thoughts . There's a sucker born every minute and you were fortunate to have one come your way. When this business plan was set up by Roadway it was only meant to handle the business to business boxes that were impractical to use an 18 wheeler for along with being hard to get it in and out of. Today X expects it to serve multiple markets and handle any kind of freight it can load onto those little 3/4 and one ton units. So what if it isn't designed to handle it and turns them into smelter bait in 3 years or less? It's not their wagon . Like wise as you pointed out one thing has in fact never changed from a settlement perspective . They give you a little more here and take it away someplace else. "Your BUSINESS"? The only part you have control over is the area where they can divest themselves of risk, liability and variable costs. They control everything else. Glad to see you got out under favorable terms. If those who remain think that it's rough now, wait a few more years.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Congrats and best of luck to you in the future.

I must admit though when I saw the title of this thread I thought for sure it must be Upstate Dave again (I think he's about due).

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Anyone else think this whole Ground business is gonna self-destruct within a few years?

I think the old Roadway system had the right idea about the business to business concept but then Fred comes along and gets greedy. Big surprise huh?

Purplepackage

Anyone else think this whole Ground business is gonna self-destruct within a few years?

I think the old Roadway system had the right idea about the business to business concept but then Fred comes along and gets greedy. Big surprise huh?

It won't, the only way that will happen is if Americans start standing up and demanding real wages and benefits.

The days or companies caring about workers is long gone and the rich are just laughing at all middle class *end rant*

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Whoa, u found a sucker to take over your routes ?

The only ones buying out the single owner operators and not~ to~ scale ~for ~iSpee contractors are the "investor class ".

to keep from getting exposed as a monopoly in a building, they keep the previous owners' company names. almost half of my building are bought out with this investor class group : only less than a handful of contractors that are above the 5 min psa scale are left

bacha29

So you could have in one building numerous 5 route contractors with different names but are actually owned by ONE holding company. ? If that's the case then they are simply copying the Fed Ex Corporation model which itself is a holding company. That's the investor class alright . Check out Indeed.com and look for Fedex driver wanted ads. They're are desperate for drivers but due to settlement pressure's and investor class margin goals they can't offer anything attractive in the way of driver pay. They all believed that they would always have an abundance of people willing to deliver the same production and precision as a UPS driver for pennies an hour over minimum wage and no benefits and work like slaves for 12 or more hours a day.

Bounty

Congrats squid, you were one of the few that told the truth on this site. Iwbf finally is seeing the light but not Bbsam, he still thinks he's an entrepreneur.
More than half the routes in the terminal I was in are for sale, not enough suckers out there. These poor guys that decided to go forward with the scam are just trying to get their $ back.

bacha29

Congrats squid, you were one of the few that told the truth on this site. Iwbf finally is seeing the light but not Bbsam, he still thinks he's an entrepreneur.
More than half the routes in the terminal I was in are for sale, not enough suckers out there. These poor guys that decided to go forward with the scam are just trying to get their $ back.
Yep all they can do is to hope that the investor class will come riding to their rescue. But if they are in a rural area with poor prospects and weak demographics don't expect much interest from the investor class coming their way.

bbsam

Staff member
Yep all they can do is to hope that the investor class will come riding to their rescue. But if they are in a rural area with poor prospects and weak demographics don't expect much interest from the investor class coming their way.
THe investor class is thrilled with a 7% return.

It will be fine

Congrats on getting out Gix. Sorry the ISP model didn't work out for you guys. The new contracts coming out are total garbage compared to even 3 years ago. How did you manage to find a buyer? How can you show books that have revenue increasing and profit decreasing year over year? Did you feel bad saddling some sucker with debt and a bad deal? Has the deal been completed? There have been a lot of sales done around here that fall through when renegotiations happen since fedex lowers the money and makes it impossible to operate under the new terms.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So you could have in one building numerous 5 route contractors with different names but are actually owned by ONE holding company. ? If that's the case then they are simply copying the Fed Ex Corporation model which itself is a holding company. That's the investor class alright .

Yup, my state is not iSpee yet but the contractors that "Get the big picture " are selling out, then staying on as BAs or BCs to manage their former routes

Me just a dumbo truck dwiver, but is this also called an umbrella corporation ?

Anyways, i saw the light and also got a better deal by joining their team for mo pay, not less... they like that i am self sufficient on my route & doesn't need to be micromanaged by anyone.

i keep my package car maintained & text directly to their corporate Mechanic to coordinate my oil changes, brakes, tires etc over the weekends