so my spouse is now eligible for insurance at her job

DriverNerd

My wife has her insurance as primary and mine as secondary. Kids are mine primary and hers secondary. For me mine is primary and hers secondary. Though we don't pay for them since they're both UPS union employee plans so we've never tried to not use hers. It's great being double covered - more so for her Teamcare plan.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
I used to work for another union outfit that put you into the company insurance and 2% match 401k if you opted out of the union. Wish it was like that here.
Are you nuts??? Do you have an iota of the value of your insurance plan that your spouse or partner (not that there's anything wrong with that) and your kids can also enjoy FOR FREE?!!!

The company plan sucks and a 2% 401k match. You must be joking!!

Are you nuts??? Do you have an iota of the value of your insurance plan that your spouse or partner (not that there's anything wrong with that) and your kids can also enjoy FOR FREE?!!!

The company plan sucks and a 2% 401k match. You must be joking!!
Re-read, thoroughly.

And my benefits aren't free.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Based on your assumption, employers legally could not allow employees to opt out of medical coverage. States may have have some :censored2:ty legislation as such, but the federal government does not.

I am in the west and have Aetna.

Your post is wholly inaccurate.
You might want to check the Affordable Care Act before you say it's wrong with opting out of coverage if you are going to call something inaccurate. As far as healthcare companies, I mentioned that the poster should check their Local because there are numerous companies involved when dealing with UPS.

You might want to check the Affordable Care Act before you say it's wrong with opting out of coverage if you are going to call something inaccurate. As far as healthcare companies, I mentioned that the poster should check their Local because there are numerous companies involved when dealing with UPS.
This statement here...
I believe the law says that she has to take benefits if they offered at her work place but she can use yours as her secondary coverage.
...would mean that employers could not allow employees to opt out of insurance coverage. That is not the case, that is inaccurate. You might wanna check the ACA before you start talking more brothers and sisters into unnecessarily spending money on healthcare.

What'dyabringmetoday???

This statement here...

...would mean that employers could not allow employees to opt out of insurance coverage. That is not the case, that is inaccurate. You might wanna check the ACA before you start talking more brothers and sisters into unnecessarily spending money on healthcare.
Our health fund required your spouse take coverage at their job if it was offered at 5% of their gross or less. Should I sue the fund? Thanks in advance.

Well I struggled to decipher your post but it seemed you referred to employers not allowing employees to opt out of coverage as innacurate. Our fund did not allow it. Maybe I read your post wrong. Sorry if I was confused.
Not much to decipher, if you follow the thread back, it's pretty straightforward.

@BrownMonk stated that he understood the ACA required employees, by law, to take insurance coverage if offered by their employer. I noted that by that standard, employers would legally not be allowed to let employees to opt out of coverage. There is no federal requirement to accept insurance coverage from your employer if offered. State legislation may say something about it, or in your case, your fund may have language on it, but there is no federal requirement for a spouse to accept insurance from their employer.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Not much to decipher, if you follow the thread back, it's pretty straightforward.

@BrownMonk stated that he understood the ACA required employees, by law, to take insurance coverage if offered by their employer. I noted that by that standard, employers would legally not be allowed to let employees to opt out of coverage. There is no federal requirement to accept insurance coverage from your employer if offered. State legislation may say something about it, or in your case, your fund may have language on it, but there is no federal requirement for a spouse to accept insurance from their employer.
And as I said our fund required it.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
When that first came out it was for non union workers. So if you are in management and your wife can get insurance with her job she can not be on ups insurance. Management oays for their insurance but it was still like that. Union works were not effect but that rule.