So now that’s that’s all over

Upstruckz

so now that the voting and uphill battle against the company is over how long did it take to get retro check last time around, how long till 22.4 implantation, and how long till we can order toilet paper or is this gonna set us back for quarters 2-4

F

Frankie's Friend

so now that the voting and uphill battle against the company is over how long did it take to get retro check last time around, how long till 22.4 implantation, and how long till we can order toilet paper or is this gonna set us back for quarters 2-4
They told us not to flush until the start of next quarter.
Guess we'll have to use the local fairgrounds.
20180203_172750.jpg

currahee

1)Didnt take long last time to receive retru once last supplements were forced through by Hoffa.
2)Company will try to utilize 22.4 asap. Thought they could start until all RPCD returned to a M-friend schedule.
3) These new drastic cost cutting measures are probably part of the new UPS business model. Totally sad.

suff0cati0n

Under Paid Slave
People still voted no even after they knew there was no more bargaining to be done. Why? To prove to yourself that you can hold a grudge?

currahee

People still voted no even after they knew there was no more bargaining to be done. Why? To prove to yourself that you can hold a grudge?
How can you fault someone for having the conviction to refuse to roll over and accept a inferior contract. Everyone knew it would be forced in no matter the outcome. My no vote would be a middle finger to Hoffa /Taylor. Not that they really care.

Hump dump and roll

Can’t wait too see all the new lifted trucks, sports cars, BMW’s and Cadillacs in the parking lot after the newbies get their retro checks. Then when July rolls around they’ll start getting repo’d.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s just negotiations and tradition. No matter what the contract looks like it’s never enough and you always got to threaten to strike. You aren’t even really negotiating if you don’t vote to strike.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Teamsters National UPS Agreement Takes Effect, Final Supplement Ratified

Agreement Increases Wages, Protects Benefits, Creates New Full-Time Jobs

The five-year contract covering about 250,000 Teamster-represented workers at UPS will take effect at 12:01 a.m. tomorrow, Monday, April 29, after workers in Michigan ratified the last outstanding supplemental agreement.

The national contract will increase wages, protect benefits and create thousands of new full-time jobs. Economic improvements in the contract are retroactive to August 1, 2018. The company has been notified of the ratification and will attempt to implement required raises during the next weekly pay period.

“This contract recognizes our members’ hard work by providing solid wage increases, protecting their health coverage, improving their retirement security and giving part-time workers the chance to advance into long-term careers,” said Denis T, Co-Chair of the National Negotiating Committee and Director of the Teamsters Package Division. “We realize this has been a long process, and we appreciate our members’ patience and support.”

The UPS contract includes wage increases of $4.15 per hour for both full-time and part-time workers over the term of the contract and increases the part-time start rate by $2.50 retroactively to August 1, 2018. All full-time and part-time UPS Teamsters will continue to receive health insurance for the member and their family without paying premiums. The agreement also strengthens grievance enforcement for harassment with a sitting arbitrator and monetary penalties, and a new procedure to make it easier to get on or off the overtime list.

The agreement requires UPS to create 5,000 new full-time jobs during the term of the agreement, including a minimum of 2,000 Article 43 driver jobs, and a new combination driver classification that addresses the changes brought on through the e-commerce revolution.

Click here for the PDF of this release.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would guess other than a few more bucks nothing else will change drastically. Its not like Monday you will walk in the door and UPS will be a peachy place to work.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I believe they could start 22.4 right away, but had something like 18 months to get all regular drivers back to a M-friend.
Depends on what you mean by right away.
They still have to respect the bid sheet they posted which runs until the 15th, no taking names off of it early.
And then go in FT-then-PT seniority order, regardless of whether or not they did a driver test yet, or went to intergrad.
Between these two, could be another 2 months still.

ManInBrown

I was at least hoping it would take till Aug 1st to be implemented. 3 more months of retro pay and I’d rather get a $1.45 bump all at once.

F

Frankie's Friend

will i get a retro check if i started Dec 2014 and my last anniversary progression was last Dec 2018? Pre loader, part timer, Local 804.
Nope. All checks due to part timers were donated to United Way because the voting percentages were under 50%.