So you are out delivering during peak when a reporter approaches you...

And you know what happens? They won't report your wise words, they will find the person with "Worst Christmas ever" and report that. Everytime. Perhaps we should ask reporters "If you were in a crisis and you could help someone, would you record and report it or actually help the situation out with your assistance? I only ask because so many in your profession wouldn't help.".

Or take what you said and come up with this:

"it has been a tough and hard to get those packages to our customers"

The thread asked what would we say if a reporter approached. Not what to say to get on tv. What I said was sugar coated enough to appease the customers without being an outright apology for something not of my making.

I know it would be acceptable to mgmt. because it's pretty much what I said when the tv crews were at CACH last Thursday. And no, I didn't get on tv.

Ouch

The statements made to reporters would definitely show alot of peoples maturity level. Just because you work for them doesnt mean they own you. There would be nothing wrong with stating " this has been the busiest peak ive ever worked ". Comments like it sucks or I work for a comoany that has no idea whats going on, only makes you look like the non wise one. You have freedom of speach. The way you exercise your first ammendment right will either make you look good or bad. As far a retaliation, you have the union to protect your rights.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would like to say "Want to know what really goes on at UPS. Go to browncafe.com. Want to hear all the right answer go PM UpstateNY."

Good idea. Send them to the Bubble Of Goodness and they will come away thinking all is well at UPS. Santa will straighten them out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
One of the Atlanta TV stations had a camera set up across the street when we were pulling out of the building this morning. I just smiled and waved at them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As was mentioned above, we received two ODS messages on what to do and say (or not to say) if asked to discuss the situation. I had a couple of wanna-be comedians but beyond that no one mentioned it at all.

Z

ZQXC

I did not encounter any negativity from customers yesterday, and it seemed that quite a few made sure to express their thanks for what we do.