Social distance and over 70LB help

vvv

Anybody else out there wondering why UPS hasn’t suspended the pickup volume of over 70LB packages.

Here’s my take on it. Most over 70’s are less than 6’ long. So if you follow guidelines laid out how are you suppose to get help with them?

Company policy states to ask for help. Health guidelines require us 6’ spacing.

So go ahead and refuse to deliver those over 70’s til this is over and don’t let the company play you for chumps.

After all, you’re only following the rules.

oldngray

nowhere special
Oh snap. A gurl just told you to man up !

-nancy
Man-Up-Nancy.png

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You must not have industrial business deliveries. The size of a six pack of beer boxes that weigh over 60lbs and there’s always over 20 of them. Feels good. My loader puts them on the top shelf too.

davidix

I knew a guy that used to call for help on heavy oversized deliveries all the time... not only did other drivers hate him for it because it would disrupt their route but management bent over backwards to fire him..

He’s still employed but he got fired several times.

I shuttled a huge package to an old head a few years back and he told me to meet him at the stop.. I got there and he told me to just dump it on the customers driveway. He didn’t help me or anything. He said give me everything else and that big one.. just dump right there.

old heads don’t give a :censored2:.

Indecisi0n

I knew a guy that used to call for help on heavy oversized deliveries all the time... not only did other drivers hate him for it because it would disrupt their route but management bent over backwards to fire him..

He’s still employed but he got fired several times.

I shuttled a huge package to an old head a few years back and he told me to meet him at the stop.. I got there and he told me to just dump it on the customers driveway. He didn’t help me or anything. He said give me everything else and that big one.. just dump right there.

old heads don’t give a :censored2:.
After years of dealing with UPS, you won't give a :censored2: either. When my center manager use to tell me he was going to fire me I would tell him why wait? Just get it over with now because I'm much rather be home watching TV. Needless to say I wasn't his favorite.

vvv

He was prob just cranky cuz it was past his usual nap time

Was moving so methodically today that I think I dozed off strolling a couple resi's today and walked past the truck. :)
My best walk off of the day was 212 paces due to having nowhere to park with too many people being home and of course parking restrictions in general.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Anybody else out there wondering why UPS hasn’t suspended the pickup volume of over 70LB packages.

Here’s my take on it. Most over 70’s are less than 6’ long. So if you follow guidelines laid out how are you suppose to get help with them?

So go ahead and refuse to deliver those over 70’s til this is over and don’t let the company play you for chumps.

"ARTICLE 44. OVER 70 POUND SERVICE PACKAGE HANDLING

No employee shall be required to handle any over 70 pound pack- ages alone if it is the employee’s good faith belief that such han- dling would be a safety hazard to herself or himself. In such cases, the Employer shall provide whichever of the following is requested in good faith by the employee in handling over 70 pound packages:

1. Another bargaining unit employee for assistance, or

2. Appropriate lifting/handling devices, or

3. Another bargaining unit employee and an appropriate lifting/ handling device for handling, pick-up or delivery circumstances that require both bargaining unit help and an appropriate lifting/ handling device."

Playing games is not good faith.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I just roll it out of the truck and that's it. No moving. Driveway blocked? It get dumped only as far as I can back.

I always tell customers "that is over our legal weight limit."