Coronavirus lawsuit negligence

zimbomb

Gloves and sanitizer are tool's. This company needs to immediately rethink all operations. Limiting interactions, shutdown break areas, limit bottlenecks such has small confined spaces like guard shacks. Shift speration is probably the easiest thing. Buffer the inside worker's and driver's as best you can. The driver's are the hardest essential employees to replace. They really need to walk in and drive away immediately. I work preload, it's disturbing to see them all hanging out and shooting the :censored2:. My facility should just mandate everyone lick post on the way in and we can shutdown for 2 weeks. These companies lack of action would make emergency medical worker's cry. Business as usual is not acceptable, it's a public health nightmare and should be considered criminally negligent.

Indecisi0n

I've been a pre-loader for over 19 years and I just spent the whole week home self isolating to prevent bringing this 2 week illness home and away from my 2 young kids as well as my 2 elderly parents. They forced me to use 2 sick and 2 personal (guess they missed Wednesday). Either way I have 2 personals left then I start breaking into vacation time which would have me off until April 1st. Had to bring my 2 year old to skin Dr and have no idea if using sick time keeps your benefits going or not, maybe only if you've started a vacation? Anyone else besides me finding all this ironic? I don't remember signing up to be part of Homeland Security or the National Guard, 11 months a year we're the rabble that doesn't even deserve to stay on the clock even when there is still work to be done and now while everyone else is being told to stay out of public we somehow have become the nation's only hope to push through this? I dunno seems like more UPS nonsense involving the stock prices and that corporate greed to try and stay open. Anyone been offered hazard pay seeing as how we are supposed to be in the front lines of this disaster day after day? First cases in a warehouse in Cali have gone public and I'm sure over the next week more will come out. Discipline has seemed to come to a pause from what I hear from my local 71 shop steward but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I dunno fellas just seems like another case of only getting help "IF" you end up catching the virus but until you do we're all just complaining canon fodder. Anyone seen any of the suits putting themselves in harms way to keep all the vital supplies going out to the public? The CEO who claims we are "essential" been on the front lines to keep "vital" supplies like toys, makeup, furniture and wind chimes from not getting to their destinations?! If UPS was concerned with OUR well-being wouldn't we start limiting shipments to only sanitizing products, medical supplies and drugs people need to survive for the next few weeks, cutting staffing and the amount of people in the warehouses, temperature checks at the guard shacks, wipes for every truck? Sorry for the rant but after 19 years of listening to this company talk out of both sides of their face I wanted to put my rant out after observing the negligence this company is having while all us worker bees try to stay safe.
Can you use dead days ? If you can afford it use as many dead days during the week with one paid day (sick, vacation or option). As long as you have one punch in for the week you will keep your benefits.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
And you still find the time and energy to post on brown cafe. What a trooper.
Yeah tie guy. Explain this einstein:
Screenshot_20200322-091908_Chrome.jpg

Get over yourself and post on the partners forum.
The company cares about how the whole world (media) portrays them but doesnt care about it's own galley slaves who are sent out vulnerable on the front lines delivering "essentials" like golf clubs, trampolines, and other essential trinkets.

Get a clue.

How about these pics from Local 100 recently? These drivers get masks and PPE?
Screenshot_20200322-092621_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20200322-092547_Messages.jpg

What's going on here?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
View attachment 287725
The company cares about how the whole world (media) portrays them but doesnt care about it's own galley slaves who are sent out vulnerable on the front lines delivering "essentials" like golf clubs, trampolines, and other essential trinkets.

Get a clue.

How about these pics from Local 100 recently? These drivers get masks and PPE?View attachment 287726 View attachment 287727
What's going on here?

They gotta make it look like they care. That is what that is.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
View attachment 287725

Get a clue.

How about these pics from Local 100 recently? These drivers get masks and PPE?View attachment 287726 View attachment 287727
What's going on here?

They probably dont disinfect the equipment there either.
I feel like we've been abandoned by the union and the company doesn't give 2 :censored2:s about any of us. That being said, I'm happy to have my well paying job right now and hope the company starts being proactive in prevention.
Prayers to our local 100 and 651 brothers and sisters.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
The Union and UPS have negotiated a deal that only gives compensation if you get coronavirus. They want you to get sick before they grant anytime.

By the end of this almost everyone will get sick. It comes and goes like waves and we are just starting the ride...why pay someone to sit at home now when they will just get it during the next wave.

I found this link on a football message board, yesterday. Things like this can really help predict when and where outbreaks will occur. All because of smart thermometers, Simple but ingenious!

US Health Weather Map by Kinsa

Capone127

Well it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who seems to be appauled by the behavior and expectations this company has exhibited over the last week. I have a feeling I'm going to burn my last 2 personals and start a week vacation Wed-Wed and see what happens by April. Seems like this is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better and I have 2 parents over 67 years old who have all kind of bad health conditions that I do not want to fall victim to this virus. There are all kind of articles starting to surface in the media about UPS' complete lack of concern for it's employee's who at this point should be starting to push back against the company. I would find it hard to believe any firings at this point would have no validity in the face of a natural disaster. If the union and the company will not come to our aid it will have to be us hourly employees who push back. If you are young and single and want to push through because you have much less to lose here then more power to you but I would prefer to give this another week and a half to see how it plays out. Good luck out there guys and stay safe.

yadadamean116

It is just a matter of time. Today is March 21, 2020.Both the Union and UPs are fully aware of the dangers of Covid19. There’s not hiding that. When a UPs employee or two dies. UPS and the Union will be sued.
Nobody is going to win a lawsuit because of the virus. UPS is essential and the Gov gives them the go ahead. Good luck beating ups and the gov on this one

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
It could be much worse. I went to two Walmarts and a Sam's club yesterday and it was freaking chaos. Those poor workers will all be sick if anyone around here has it.

All I wanted was a bag of dog food and some jalapeno pimento cheese... probably not my brightest idea.

It could be much worse. I went to two Walmarts and a Sam's club yesterday and it was freaking chaos. Those poor workers will all be sick if anyone around here has it.

All I wanted was a bag of dog food and some jalapeno pimento cheese... probably not my brightest idea.

I do the same thing. I don’t really need groceries, I’m very concerned of them closing. So my reaction is to buy a frozen pizza or a bag of chips, before they close.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I do the same thing. I don’t really need groceries, I’m very concerned of them closing. So my reaction is to buy a frozen pizza or a bag of chips, before they close.

It was pathetic that one Walmart had to ration toilet paper, WTF is wrong with people? Sam's was picked clean on lots of items and they had started to limit purchases. The guy at the door said next time they will limit purchases from the beginning so everyone can have access to items.

I guess I understand food but I don't get the whole toilet paper hoarding thing. Does this stuff even give you diarrhea?