Coronavirus lawsuit negligence

Ptrunner

I didn’t find this on any of the threads and they’re so many people not taking this serious and trolling on here.

Since UPS has not given us anything to help fight this off and not sanitize anything like they said they would in their email. Also they are not following cdc guidelines for social distancing. Sometimes 3-4 guys in a trailer unloading. Wouldn’t this fall under negligence and workman’s comp.

1. We could pick it up anywhere but the chances if we are doing everything at home and this company is doing nothing to keep us out of harms way and chances are we would get it at work. It should be considered comp and not disability.

2. Also they said they would provide us with items to stay safe. They haven’t, they know that they’re ways to reduce the chances of getting this and are not doing anything to reduce it. They could be sued for negligence I would think for millions. Does this sound all plausible?

542thruNthru

I didn’t find this on any of the threads and they’re so many people not taking this serious and trolling on here.

Since UPS has not given us anything to help fight this off and not sanitize anything like they said they would in their email. Also they are not following cdc guidelines for social distancing. Sometimes 3-4 guys in a trailer unloading. Wouldn’t this fall under negligence and workman’s comp.

1. We could pick it up anywhere but the chances if we are doing everything at home and this company is doing nothing to keep us out of harms way and chances are we would get it at work. It should be considered comp and not disability.

2. Also they said they would provide us with items to stay safe. They haven’t, they know that they’re ways to reduce the chances of getting this and are not doing anything to reduce it. They could be sued for negligence I would think for millions. Does this sound all plausible?

How do you prove you got the virus at work?

Indecisi0n

Don't live above your means. Then when stuff like this happens tell UPS to go :censored2: themselves and don't go to work. Tell them you feel sick and stay home. My health is more important than work but more importantly I can afford to go weeks without pay so I'm good if need be.

Don't live above your means. Then when stuff like this happens tell UPS to go :censored2: themselves and don't go to work. Tell them you feel sick and stay home. My health is more important than work but more importantly I can afford to go weeks without pay so I'm good if need be.

wow you can go weeks? That’s peanuts pal!

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

Better be documenting everything.

Staying home (self isolation) without having the virus will keep your healthcare intact?

Very easily. If one person gets the virus, you could say they didn’t get it at work. But if there’s an outbreak at a facility or facilities, very easy to prove you got it at work.
Easier but not easy in our work environment where they deny workers comp for bones broken on the job in front of their own eyes.

It is just a matter of time. Today is March 21, 2020.Both the Union and UPs are fully aware of the dangers of Covid19. There’s not hiding that. When a UPs employee or two dies. UPS and the Union will be sued.
The union will be sued? We dont work for the union dude. They don't set policy in our workplace. Unless it is agreed to on paper by the company the union is never going to be held accountable for company negligence and even if it is a part of a cba the union can only bring charges against the company if they transgress the language.

How many grievances have you filed on this problem in the last week or two?

Is the union useless or is it the members that dont stand tall and file?

cachmeifucan

It's really just a matter of time until there is an outbreak at a facility. It's almost a certainty.
The first death in Illinois her sister works at cach a huge facility and she quarantined and a positive test. Rumors are we have like 4 cases at our job. No extra cleaning or nothing you got to bring your own lysol from home. Guess what I have diarrhea for 3 days a upset stomach and a headache and my body aches like I'm hungover and I haven't had any liquor in weeks. I rarely get headaches. I got doc appointment today. I feel worse today then I did yesterday.

cachmeifucan

Yeah I know I got doctors appointment today wtf. Thanks ups for doing nothing to Clean the facility that 4000 people working in. I can't prove I got it at ups but it's a good chance it's a hot spot at our facility.