Social Distancing

UPSER1987

Everyone gets 2 weeks sick pay if they catch it. We are talking about why UPS is doing nothing to prevent a spread amongst our ranks.
When the other industries are shut down we will still have to run, just like grocery and pharmacy.

So what’s your point?

If you have all the answers, what should UPS do to protect ALL of its employees from a worldwide epidemic?

When you get sick, you will go to the doctor. Who is protecting the doctor?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
So what’s your point?

If you have all the answers, what should UPS do to protect ALL of its employees from a worldwide epidemic?

When you get sick, you will go to the doctor. Who is protecting the doctor?
Masks, gloves, gowns, tons of sanitizer and frequent handwashing protect the doctor.
N95 or N100 masks would help. Got a link to where we could buy some?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I like covering the country runs because most of the customers socially distance themselves already. Just bag their :censored3: up and hang it on the gate, or drop it in a Rubbermade container by the gate.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
My new normal:
Enter my house through the laundry room.
Remove and Lysol jacket and boots.
Sanitize all work material like; pens, lunchboxes and even my watch.
Remove and segregate work uniforms.
Wash hands.
Take a shower.

Enjoy my family knowing I'm doing all I can to protect them, but wishing UPS could help by providing me with clean work surfaces and common sense prevention.

This :censored2: is killing our loved ones and inaction is not worth the risk.

Coronavirus disinfectants list: EPA says these products fight virus

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
but wishing UPS could help by providing me with clean work surfaces and common sense prevention.

That's hoping for way too much. My center manager's attitude is that this whole coronavirus thing is a huge put-off, disrupting his precious production numbers with the possibility of call-outs and *gasp* sick drivers. He literally told us to call out only if we think we're "really sick."

PT Car Washer

That's hoping for way too much. My center manager's attitude is that this whole coronavirus thing is a huge put-off, disrupting his precious production numbers with the possibility of call-outs and *gasp* sick drivers. He literally told us to call out only if we think we're "really sick."
Does he also say it is nothing more then a Democratic hoax to make him look bad?

over9five

Staff member
Sounds like some idiot that will come to work sick and infect the rest of us...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My new normal:
Wash hands.
Take a shower.

Enjoy my family knowing I'm doing all I can to protect them, but wishing UPS could help by providing me with clean work surfaces and common sense prevention.

This thread is gold
All these snowflakes thinking UPS is going to “protect” them

UPS doesent give 2 :censored2:s about you.you are a cog in a wheel nothing more nothing less You go down, there will be somebody else taking your slot tomorrow

Time to take a little personal responsibility

dudebro

My new normal:
Wash hands.
Take a shower.

The issue is the virus is, most likely, in your lungs if you’ve been exposed. Surfaces are all secondary.

Dumbo

Why is it UPS job to protect you? They are a business. They aren't some all powerful wise and knowing God figure. They don't know any more than you do. They aren't any better equipped than you are. It's like looking to celebrities for their opinions on politics as if some sheltered rich celebrity has some angle on a moral high ground that we don't know about. They are jesters and entertainers. UPS is just a big group of business people. They eat :censored2: and :censored2: like the rest of us. It's up to you to take steps to protect yourself. Either go to work and try and minimize contact on your own, or don't. It's your choice. Don't look to anybody to tell you common sense on how to protect yourself.

Why is it UPS job to protect you? They are a business. They aren't some all powerful wise and knowing God figure. They don't know any more than you do. They aren't any better equipped than you are. It's like looking to celebrities for their opinions on politics as if some sheltered rich celebrity has some angle on a moral high ground that we don't know about. They are jesters and entertainers. UPS is just a big group of business people. They eat :censored2: and :censored2: like the rest of us. It's up to you to take steps to protect yourself. Either go to work and try and minimize contact on your own, or don't. It's your choice. Don't look to anybody to tell you common sense on how to protect yourself.
Many other businesses provide sanitizer and are doing what they can to minimize contact. Yes I realize that we can't work from home but some kind of a plan would be nice.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Many other businesses provide sanitizer and are do what they can to minimize contact. Yes I realize that we can't work from home but some kind of a plan would be nice.

The ups brain trust is gathered around the boardroom conference table all wearing their new orange Home Depot aprons with their names written in black magic marker as we speak

statement coming soon

vvv

My new normal:
Wash hands.
Take a shower.

I hope you are not being serious.