Social Distancing

MattM

are we working this week?

Some of these hubs have 80+ employees. Maybe it helps that there is no heat and it's an open warehouse?

MattM

Airport worker. Guarantee is 3. Just wondering if flights will be stopped etc. These pilots come from EVERYWHERE. My area is just about to enact curfews. How can I go to work by 4am? If there is a curfew? Are we considered essential workers? No one seems to know

We had two sick guys on Tuesday. They both got write-ups upon showing up on Wednesday. The total lack of sickness and care will hurt us all.

We also supplement 9-12 cities/townes across my vast SW state. They have been buying bleach and TP beyond belief. Without us, there is nothing for them within 300 miles.

We seem to be essential but it doesn't feel like it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
As of right now, air traffic reduction is only aimed at passenger flights. Are you saying they wrote up guys for showing up sick Wednesday, or for calling out Tuesday? As a non driver, I feel for the PT guys. You have to be around a lot of other people while you work. Being sick could mean you have a cold or the flu, or whatever. I feel like I would still show up for work as a driver if I was sick, unless I was tested positive for the CV.

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
I assume I'm going to get it. Scientists are predicting 70 percent worldwide outbreak. Current available numbers are not even at 200k people yet. That's not even 1% of the population of the United States, let alone the world. I'm sure the number is higher than that since we don't have full results, but regardless, this strain is here. It's still very early at this stage.

It relieves so much stress to accept you're going to get it. Nothing you can do. Yes, you'll be sick for a few days, hopefully not extremely. Yes you'll miss about 2 or 3 weeks of work, but make plans to be out of work for a few weeks. Save money if you haven't. Stay proactive for yourself and your family.

The best we can do as a nation is try to minimize the spread over as much time as possible, to allow hospitals and doctors a chance to stay above water. At least, this is how I'm avoiding the stress, doing my part and continuing my day as normal as possible.

I wish everyone a speedy recovery

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Nobody cares about your stupid vacation stories just move to Asia already
Apparently you do by responding. Feel free to put me on ignore and live your life in a bubble. I was offering first hand insight from ground zero.
Hong Kong has arguably bigger problems.
Yeah, our food tour operator takes part in the protests there. She offered some pretty good knowledge on what they are fighting for, which believe it or not, isn’t much different than the US faces from Mexico. But I’ll keep politics out of it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Apparently you do by responding. Feel free to put me on ignore and live your life in a bubble. I was offering first hand insight from ground zero.

Yeah, our food tour operator takes part in the protests there. She offered some pretty good knowledge on what they are fighting for, which believe it or not, isn’t much different than the US faces from Mexico. But I’ll keep politics out of it.
China is :censored2:

UPSER1987

Why is it UPS job to protect you? They are a business. They aren't some all powerful wise and knowing God figure. They don't know any more than you do. They aren't any better equipped than you are. It's like looking to celebrities for their opinions on politics as if some sheltered rich celebrity has some angle on a moral high ground that we don't know about. They are jesters and entertainers. UPS is just a big group of business people. They eat :censored2: and :censored2: like the rest of us. It's up to you to take steps to protect yourself. Either go to work and try and minimize contact on your own, or don't. It's your choice. Don't look to anybody to tell you common sense on how to protect yourself.

Best comment ever. Thank you.

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_3154_10.jpg