SOCIAL MEDIA GIANTS OPPRESSING THE RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS OF AMERICANS

Box Ox

Yes. I made it clear those who were violent should be charged.
Any charges for anything else that happened last Wednesday or is it all good?

Should our criminal justice system also release some or all non-violent offenders? Shouldn't have been charged in the first place?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Should our criminal justice system also release some or all non-violent offenders? Shouldn't have been charged in the first place?

We have too many laws that have nothing to do with protecting natural rights, so I'm for releasing people who broke illegitimate laws. As for Wednesday it would go a long way towards "healing the nation" for members of congress to endorse not charging people who weren't there to cause problems.

Box Ox

As for Wednesday it would go a long way towards "healing the nation" for members of congress to endorse not charging people who weren't there to cause problems.
Like if they only wandered into the halls of the Capitol Building out of curiosity and did nothing else? Makes sense to me.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm sure the arrests of those who were violent will lead to other charges after investigation.
Don't be ridiculous.
If you're alluding to arresting everyone who went into the building with a trespassing type charge, I find that problematic given there is video of officers letting people in.

Now standing there watching violence and then bumrushing in right afterwards would be trespassing/participating in a riot or whatever the relevant federal code words it as.

But again, you have to investigate and prove these things, you shouldn't just condemn everyone who was there, because at some point the cops were letting people enter and leave freely.

vantexan

I've seen several lawyers on CNN say if they were outside and no violent acts, chances of convicting them would be close to zero.
Did you see the chief counsel of PBS just got fired after being secretly recorded saying some pretty extreme things? Glad that covid is blowing up in Red States and killing conservative voters. Said children of conservatives should be taken from their parents and put in reeducation camps. He was fired by PBS about an hour after Project Veritas released the video.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
1610521813754.png

Box Ox

Did you see the chief counsel of PBS just got fired after being secretly recorded saying some pretty extreme things? Glad that covid is blowing up in Red States and killing conservative voters. Said children of conservatives should be taken from their parents and put in reeducation camps. He was fired by PBS about an hour after Project Veritas released the video.
When media folks are dumb around hidden cameras just like when delivery drivers are dumb around hidden cameras. LOL

Dem pravat compnies gotcherrrrr furst mendment raahts in a vice! LOL

vantexan

When media folks are dumb around hidden cameras just like when delivery drivers are dumb around hidden cameras. LOL

Dem pravat compnies gotcherrrrr furst mendment raats in a vice! LOL
He was the chief counsel of PBS, not some schmoe from the back office. Reminds me of Mueller putting together a team of Democrats to investigate Russian collusion. Two of them, who were having an affair, got discovered having extreme bias towards Trump from their accidentally leaked text messages. Mueller had to fire them. Always seems to be Democrats being caught revealing extreme views.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Dem pravat compnies gotcherrrrr furst mendment raahts in a vice! LOL

My issue with calling them private companies is that they aren't by any definition, private. They are publicly traded, they are open to the public. I have my opinions about what that should mean for individual rights, but the real issue is that their practices are discriminatory on the basis of political and/or religious affiliation. The civil rights act prohibits such discrimination, and their is plenty of precedent against the idea that it is ok for "private" companies to discriminate or deny human rights as a prerequisite for engaging in business with them.