Social media guidelines. They're out there, beware?

Looking back, I realize that I could have had better self control, and refrain from blowing off stream on social media... but it was an emotional day. A recent tragic anniversary passed us recently, and I wanted to show my support for those that we lost. I was told I couldn't wear neither a hat nor a (non white or brown) shirt (under my browns) that day. Needless to say, I went to social media. I know what our company uniform rules are, and I'm one of the very few that follows it to the T! But on a day like that, I don't see why some of us can't show our American pride! Never forget....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I love UPS ,, I bleed Brown ,, I painted my house brown ,, I named my dog Brownie ,, I hung a picture of James Casey next to Jesus and Yaz And Larry Bird ,, I tell all my friends and neighbors to use UPS and I pray every Sunday at Mass that we grow the business!!! Ohhhh please don't come after me!!!
I'm a changed man !!!
No pictures of Bucky friend...in Dent?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I make no particular effort to hide who I am, and I have posted dozens of cute pics of dogs in the truck during the 7 years I have been on Brown Cafe. No one has said a word to me yet.

jaker

trolling
Posting on the clock I do it all the time , I mean really when they want you to wait around for 30 min for a pickup what are you supposed to do

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I make no particular effort to hide who I am, and I have posted dozens of cute pics of dogs in the truck during the 7 years I have been on Brown Cafe. No one has said a word to me yet.

Just because they haven't, doesn't mean they can't.

It is against UPS policy to take pictures or recordings inside any UPS facility or vehicle.

In your case, they probably just see it as a cute dog and don't say anything to you.

Let someone complain about a safety hazard or the way the truck was loaded, with pictures included, and the outcome may not be the same as yours.

And yes, I know, UPS usually does allow you to take pictures of your schedule. But that is as far as it goes.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just because they haven't, doesn't mean they can't.

It is against UPS policy to take pictures or recordings inside any UPS facility or vehicle.

In your case, they probably just see it as a cute dog and don't say anything to you.

Let someone complain about a safety hazard or the way the truck was loaded, with pictures included, and the outcome may not be the same as yours.

And yes, I know, UPS usually does allow you to take pictures of your schedule. But that is as far as it goes.
UPS is free to create whatever "policies" it wants to. However...any discipline they want to pursue for violation of those policies will be administered in accordance with the contract. So if they really wanted to look like idiots (and pay me $51 an hour on OT to sit in a meeting) they could theoretically issue me a warning letter. For taking a picture of a dog.

Its a risk I'm willing to take.