Somali pirates

Cochise

Banned
Really? That's quite the statement from someone who has only been with us a couple of weeks...

So you think I was being deceptive with the liberals comment? Well, Cochise, don't be deceptive (like mean ol' Over9five). How 'bout you tell the forum some of the other IDs you've had here at Brown Cafe? I think they'd love to know. Why did you even come up with 'Cochise'? We hadn't banned your last name (yet).

Your opinion that I was deceptive is clearly not the same thing as The Other Side throwin' flames in nearly every post he made.

Tell you what, tell us why you work at UPS instead of teaching school (you were a school teacher, right?) and I'll tell you what you want to know.

Fair enuf?:funny:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
By invoking Clinton's name when refering to Osama's still be alive, I would say you turned it political.

I guess that is why I never got into all these political threads ... I don't understand the point.

Someone makes an observation and others attack that person and vice versa and it never seems to make sense. IMO

I'll leave it to you folks that like that sort of stuff.

Cya in 3 years.

chev

Nightcrawler
To all:

I don't like to moderate in threads I am participating in, but TOS has insulted me twice, once after I asked him to stop with the personal attacks.

TOS will now be moderated before his posts are visible to the forum.
This seems to be common practice with Tosser. Bravo Over9five. :wink2: I get a bit sick of the smug, "I'm better than you" responses.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Somali Cruise Package
I was checking cruise lines because I heard the rates are very cheap right now.
I found a Somali cruise package that departs from Sawakin (in the Sudan) and docks at Bagamoya (in Tanzania).
The cost is a bit high @ 800 per person double occupancy but I didn’t find that offensive. What I found encouraging and enlightened is that the cruise is encouraging people to bring their 'High powered weapons' along on the cruise. If you don’t have weapons you can rent them right there on the boat. They claim to have a master blacksmith on board and will have reloading parties every afternoon. The cruise lasts from 4-8 days and nights and costs a maximum of $3200 per person double occupancy (4 days). All the boat does is sail up and down the coast of Somalia waiting to get hijacked by pirates. Here are some of the costs and claims associated with the package.
$800.00 US/per day double occupancy (4 day max billing)
M-16 full auto rental $ 25.00/day ammo at 100 rounds of 5.56 armor piercing ammo at 15.95
Ak-47 riffle @ No charge. ammo at 100 rounds of 7.62 com block ball ammo at 14.95
Barrett M-107 .50 cal sniper riffle rental 55.00/day ammo at 25 rounds 50 cal armor piercing at 9.95
Crew members can double as spotters for 30.00 per hour ( spotting scope included).
Jesus Christ---- they even offer RPG's at 75 bucks and 200 dollars for 3 standard loads
"Everyone gets use of free complimentary night vision equipment and coffee and snacks on the top deck from 7pm-6am."
Meals are not included but seem reasonable.
Most cruises offer a mini-bar... these gung ho entrepreneurs offer......... get this.....
"MOUNTED MINIGUN AVAILABLE @ 450.00 per 30 seconds of sustained fire"

Sign my ars up!

They advertise group rates and corporate discounts...... and even claim "FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY"
They even offer a partial money back if not satisfied....here’s some text from the ad.

"We guarantee that you will experience at least two hijacking attempts by pirates or we will refund half your money back including gun rental charges and any unused ammo ( mini gun charges not included).. How can we guarantee you will experience a hijacking? We operate at 5 knots within 12 miles of the coast of Somalia. If an attempted Hijacking does not occur we will turn the boat around and cruise by at 4 knots. We will repeat this for up to 8 days making three passes a day along the entire length of Somalia. At night the boat is fully lit and bottle rockets are shot off at intervals and loud disco music beamed shore side to attract attention. Cabin space is limited so respond quickly. Reserve your package before Feb 29 and get 100 rounds of free tracer ammo in the caliber of your choice."

As if all that isn’t enough to whet your appetite, there were a few testimonials

“I got three confirmed kills on my last trip. I'LL never hunt big game in Africa again. I felt like the Komandant in Schindlers list!”---- Lars, Hamburg Germany

"Six attacks in 4 days was more than I expected. I bagged three pirates and my 12yr old son sank two rowboats with the minigun. PIRATES 0 -PASSENGERS-32! Well worth the trip. Just make sure your spotter speaks English"

Ned, Salt Lake city, Utah USA

"I haven’t had this much fun since flying choppers in NAM. Don’t worry about getting shot by pirates as they never even got close to the ship with those weapons they use and their ****ty aim--reminds me of a drunken 'juicer' door gunner we picked up from the motor pool back in Nam" --"chopper'

Dan ----Toledo USA.

"Like ducks in a barrel. They turned the ship around and we saw them bleed and cry in the water like little girls. Saw one wounded pirate eaten by sharks--what a laugh riot!! This is a must do.---Zeke-Minnahaw Springs Kentucky USA

over9five

Staff member
Looks like all the bleeding hearts are coming out of the woodwork.

"He's so young!"

"He was poor"

"He had a tough childhood"

Who cares? When you pick up a gun and hijack ships, I say you did an adult thing, now pay for it like an adult.

I bet he DOES NOT get the mandatory life sentence that the crime carries.

Cochise

Banned
Looks like all the bleeding hearts are coming out of the woodwork.

"He's so young!"

"He was poor"

"He had a tough childhood"

Who cares? When you pick up a gun and hijack ships, I say you did an adult thing, now pay for it like an adult.

I bet he DOES NOT get the mandatory life sentence that the crime carries.
Excuse me, the 'bleeding hearts'?

If by that you mean his family, his lawyer and some Somali immigrant organization, I guess you're right.

If by 'bleeding heart', you meant to infer 'liberals', you are once again making things up.

The courts will try him, and he will receive the punishment the court deems he deserves.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Better yet, why don't you personally read every single one of my posts.....thatll keep you busy for awhile and off here spreadin' your poison !! :dance:

over9five

Staff member
Did I mention liberals?

Strange, the link I posted doesn't go to the same exact story anymore. I don't think I'll use Yahoo for news links again.

UPS Lifer

Better yet, why don't you personally read every single one of my posts.....thatll keep you busy for awhile and off here spreadin' your poison !! :dance:

I thought your Somali cruise info was very intriguing. Where do I sign up? :gun_banda

BTW - Goat-Cheese is a POS clone. the style is unmistakable even without the large font!:devil3:

Sammie

That is just plain offensive on so many levels.

Then perhaps you'd like to give out your name, address and SS# so the unfortunate citizens of this country can steal from you and hold your family for ransom. Excusing bad behavior, whether it be neighborhood gangs, wall street butt heads, crooked mortgage lenders, bratty kids, abusive family members or pirates will only encourage more of the same.

Sammie

PIRATE STANDOFF - THE REAL STORY

All of us want to raise our glass the highest this week to the Navy SEALs who popped those three Somali pirates. And I'm sure you want to hear the real story of what happened. Especially because there is a revoltingly opportunistic and cowardly side to it. Guess which side Zero is on (ZERO IS FOR "O". YOU KNOW WHO!) ?

Why, for example, did it take SEAL Team Six (aka DEVGRU, Navy Special Warfare Development Group, the Navy's equivalent of Delta Force) over 36 hours to get to the scene?

Because Zero refused to authorize the SEAL deployment for those 36 hours, during which the OSC (the On-Site Commander), Cmdr. Frank Castellano of the USS Bainbridge - repeatedly requested them.

Once the SEALs arrived - parachuting from a C-17 into the ocean near the ship - Zero then imposed Rules of Engagement (ROE) specifying the SEALs could not do anything unless the life of the hostage, Captain Richard Phillips, was in "imminent" danger.

Thus, when Capt. Phillips attempted to escape by jumping off the lifeboat into the ocean, the SEAL snipers had all four pirates (one later surrendered) sighted in and could have taken them out then and there - but they could not fire due to Zero's ROE restrictions.

When the SEALs approached the lifeboat in a RIB (rigid-hull inflatable boat) carrying supplies for Capt. Phillips and the pirates, the pirates fired upon them. Not only was no fire returned due to the ROE, but as the pirates were shooting at the RIB, SEAL snipers on the Bainbridge had them all dialed in. No triggers were pulled due to the ROE..

Two specific rescue plans were developed by Cmdr. Castellano and the SEAL teams. Zero personally refused to authorize them.

After the second refusal and days of dithering, Cmdr. Castellano decided he had the Operational Area and OSC authority to "solely determine risk to hostage" and did not require any further approval of the president.

Four hours later, the White House is informed that three pirates are dead and Capt. Phillips has been rescued unharmed. A WH press release is immediately issued, giving credit to the president for his "daring and decisive" behavior that resulted in such success.

Zero has absolutely no military knowledge or experience whatsoever. He demanded decisional control over the entire hostage drama to the last detail. All actions required his personal approval. He dithered like a coward while the world laughed at our warships flummoxed by four illiterate teenagers with AKs in a lifeboat.

Only when the Navy Commander decided to ignore his Pantywaist-in Chief and take action and responsibility himself, were the incredible skills of the SEALs put into play.

That Zero could cynically and opportunistically claim that his "bold" "calm" "tough" leadership was responsible should remind everyone that not a single action, not a single word of this man can be trusted. He is bereft of honesty and moral character. That's why he's Zero.

The HFR raises a glass full of pride and gratitude to Navy Commander Frank Castellano, the Navy SEALs for their incredible competence, and our military. Let's hold a Tea Party in their honor.

Published in To The Point News 4/17/09 by Dr. Jack Wheeler

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I know it's tempting to automatically give credence to something that you already want to believe, but you guys really should do some fact checking before buying into this stuff.

The first thing that should jump out at you about this article is that the author is extremely hostile to Obama, so right off the bat you know it won't be objective.

Secondly, the author does not cite a single, solitary source for any of his claims, which begs the question "How does he know all this stuff?"
The answer is, "He doesn't". Most of what he says was lifted from an anonymous email that has been circulating the web, and has already been investigated and reported on:
NBC's Jim Miklaszewski reported on this e-mail which claims that President Obama vacillated and delayed decisions to deploy Navy SEALs against Somali pirates who had hijacked the U.S. cargo ship /Maersk Alabama/ because he wanted the hostage situation involving Captain Richard Phillips to be resolved with nothing other than a "peaceful solution." Miklaszewski noted of the e-mail that: There's enough background detail in the email to suggest it was in fact written by a SEAL, but several senior military officials who were involved in the direct planning and execution of the mission - including in consultations with the White House and President Obama - say the claims are bogus. Two senior military officials who talked to NBC about this both said that [President Obama] and the White House responded quickly and positively to the military's request. Given some of the details included in the email, military officials say it could very well have come from a "disgruntled" Navy SEAL who had no idea what the White House and senior commanders were planning or executing. In addition, the email was originally passed around by a former admiral [Rear Adm. Lou Sarosdy] who retired in 1982 who told Navy officials he doesn't know any Navy SEALS and has no idea where the original email came from.

UPSNewbie

I know it's tempting to automatically give credence to something that you already want to believe, but you guys really should do some fact checking before buying into this stuff.

The first thing that should jump out at you about this article is that the author is extremely hostile to Obama, so right off the bat you know it won't be objective.

Secondly, the author does not cite a single, solitary source for any of his claims, which begs the question "How does he know all this stuff?"
The answer is, "He doesn't". Most of what he says was lifted from an anonymous email that has been circulating the web, and has already been investigated and reported on:

Thank you, Jones. Not a lot of people here will look at things objectively. They find something that takes a shot at Obama and pass it on like it's the word of "god".

Not saying that every lib looks at everything objectively, just that it would be wiser if everyone did.