Southern Supplement, Preload Start Time

542thruNthru

In my building, a teenaged union employee who has been there less than a year comes into work at least 15 minutes late three out of the five days every week.

And that isn't even the worst part -- this preload employee's job is to scan the packages as they are being unloaded off of the feeder trucks, and while they are doing this, they are TEXTING and/or scrolling up & down on their cell phone which sits right beside them on top of the metal box where the labels spit out!
Needless to say, there are about 30 to 40 miss-slaps every day, and not a word has ever been said to the employee by the Supervisor, who, I might add, stands right nearby and can plainly see what's going on.

There is so much resentment toward this employee by my co-workers because they bust their butts and that person is getting away with whatever they want.

Here you go.
Screenshot_20200204-143603_Samsung Internet.jpg

Go online and apply.

Drink Craft Beer

In my building, a teenaged union employee who has been there less than a year comes into work at least 15 minutes late three out of the five days every week.

And that isn't even the worst part -- this preload employee's job is to scan the packages as they are being unloaded off of the feeder trucks, and while they are doing this, they are TEXTING and/or scrolling up & down on their cell phone which sits right beside them on top of the metal box where the labels spit out!
Needless to say, there are about 30 to 40 miss-slaps every day, and not a word has ever been said to the employee by the Supervisor, who, I might add, stands right nearby and can plainly see what's going on.

There is so much resentment toward this employee by my co-workers because they bust their butts and that person is getting away with whatever they want.
I call bull-:censored2: on that. No chance a center manager is going to let a guy continue to scan if he's having 30-40 out of sync's everyday.

Clearly fake news.

22.34life

This is a common problem in all part time hub and preload operations.talk with your ba and find out what the agreement between them and the company is on start time changes.in our local its 24 hr notice.start times are to be posted for the next week on Friday.beleive me if there is no steward staying on their ass they will run wild with it.

22.34life

Everyday -- whether it's peak or not -- preload start times (and how many employees are asked to work) are based on the projected volume for that day.

The Supervisor will receive this figure the day before and then based on that will determine a start time and how many people they need for that day.

They have a corporate procedure they have to follow. For example, if the projected volume for the next day is over 10,000, they must call in this many employees, if it's under 10,000, then they are only allowed to call in this number of employees.
That projected number is super important because based on it and it alone, the Supervisor decides how many delivery routes will be running that day, how many drivers they will need, etc. AND what the next day's start time will be.

You ain't gonna change their notification procedure, so don't waste your time trying. Accept it and be grateful they want you to come in.
This is absolutely false I have personally had this problem with the company before and after a grievance and some arguments with the sort manager the company complied.All of your post I'm sure is accurate as it pertains to company policy and volume projections,the company has a buisness plan to hit,I get it but we also have a cba to follow as well.

Poop Head

Judge me.

She must be hot! Try to move to the sort aisle and sort her miss-slaps!