Southern UPSers Laughing at Northern UPSers Driving in the Snow

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Winter storm hits New York City with up to 13 inches of snow; over 2,000 flights suspended

More than 11 inches coated the Bronx and Brooklyn, while Rego Park in Queens received 13 inches, and 10 inches fell in Staten Island’s Great Kills. On Long Island, where the whirling snow reduced visibility to almost zero on the Long Island Expressway, gusts of more than 60 mph blasted through Nassau and Suffolk counties.

I would think New York gets 12 inches of snow more often than Atlanta gets 6 inches.

NY snow.jpg

542thruNthru

Winter storm hits New York City with up to 13 inches of snow; over 2,000 flights suspended

More than 11 inches coated the Bronx and Brooklyn, while Rego Park in Queens received 13 inches, and 10 inches fell in Staten Island’s Great Kills. On Long Island, where the whirling snow reduced visibility to almost zero on the Long Island Expressway, gusts of more than 60 mph blasted through Nassau and Suffolk counties.

I would think New York gets 12 inches of snow more often than Atlanta gets 6 inches.

View attachment 173969

Oh that's nothing. We have fires out here. Now that's hard to deliver in. See?
soledad+%281%29.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Wonder how Niagara Falls looks right now with these freezing temps. We were looking of doing a long weekend up there and staying on the Canadian side at the Marriott Falls View. I was told the mist freezes and makes the falls look beautiful when it happens. Southwest flies up to BUF with a stop in several places, a couple of which are in Florida which is strange.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wonder how Niagara Falls looks right now with these freezing temps. We were looking of doing a long weekend up there on and staying on the Canadian side at the Marriott Falls View. I was told the mist freezes and makes the falls look beautiful when it happens.

Good choice staying on the Canadian side.