space and vis

UPS'ers with a brain? According to some on this board, those are found solely on the front lines. I'm on the fence whether or not I agree with that one.

No, he didn't make himself look really bad. At least, not in my opinion. He's human, just like you. Unlike some posters on here with 20+ years of bitterness towards this company, I'm new and more willing to cut the guy some slack. Maybe I'm stupid for doing so but I've been known to give people more chances than they deserve.

All due respect Rock but the subject of this thread is outside your line of profession. We don`t have 20 yrs of bitterness towards the company, it`s 20 yrs of expeiriance putting up with mgmt like Tie`s kind of b.s. You already claim your leaving so you wont be around to meet your share of people like him for as long as we have. Go ahead cut him all the slack you want. I promise you,he`s the type who will leave you to take the fall when they friend-up.

tieguy

Banned
Oh no , i just a horrible thought of you three trying to physically open your minds. Please stay away from anything sharp guys.

LOL now that I have the three wolves nipping and biting to defend their excessive laziness and excessive crying its time to leave the board for a while.

I'll try to catch up with the crying trio sometime tonight.

Rocky be carefull. The teamsters expect you to fall in line and be a yes man when confronting management. They hate free thinking; though these three wouldn't know what it is to think with an open mind.

sigh......maybe they are missing an essential ingrediant.

I`d rather see Rock be a yes man and stand up for himself if he feels the need than see him be a sheep to be poked in the behind by a member of mgmt who see`s him and anyone like him as simply a tool to make their numbers look good to advance their career and pay.

Baaa,Baaa,Baaa

tieguy

Banned
All due respect Rock but the subject of this thread is outside your line of profession. We don`t have 20 yrs of bitterness towards the company, it`s 20 yrs of expeiriance putting up with mgmt like Tie`s kind of b.s. You already claim your leaving so you wont be around to meet your share of people like him for as long as we have. Go ahead cut him all the slack you want. I promise you,he`s the type who will leave you to take the fall when they friend-up.

Standard response from someone who does not think with an open mind and blames someone else for their short comings. Here Cach blames management for his crappy attitude. He at least partially admits he has a crappy attitude which is a refreshing burst of integrity usually not displayed by his partners in crying.

Standard response from someone who does not think with an open mind and blames someone else for their short comings. Here Cach blames management for his crappy attitude. He at least partially admits he has a crappy attitude which is a refreshing burst of integrity usually not displayed by his partners in crying.

Integrity,to you, is just a word you looked up on Wikepedia.com

tieguy

Banned
Anyway pratice your lines while I am away:

1) I don't have a crappy attitude.

2) management gave me my crappy attitude.

3) I don't cry and whine

4) management makes me cry and whine.

Work on that and I'll listen to you repeat it later.

Anyway pratice your lines while I am away:

1) I don't have a crappy attitude.

2) management gave me my crappy attitude.

3) I don't cry and whine

4) management makes me cry and whine.

Work on that and I'll listen to you repeat it later.

We`ll be waiting for you to get back from the Hitler Youth rally.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Its cool, CACH. I stepped in because I thought I had something to offer. Apparently not.

When I read Tie's posts, he comes across as one of the better management posters. Then again, I'm a post-IPO hire, so that may explain my feeling.

And I've met :censored2:s at UPS. If I have a choice, I don't work for them. I had a jackass sup that hated me and I hated him but when I requested a transfer to the other primary, he personally quashed it. I requested another transfer 3 months later to working irregs on his side of the primary and he STILL thought about quashing it.

I`d rather see Rock be a yes man and stand up for himself if he feels the need than see him be a sheep to be poked in the behind by a member of mgmt who see`s him and anyone like him as simply a tool to make their numbers look good to advance their career and pay.

Baaa,Baaa,Baaa

Yes man?? ME?????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. CACH....I'm the furthest thing from a yes man. I've earned respect from life-time management by telling them what was on my mind and whether I thought they were right. Thought the guy'd get peeved but he said to go ahead and do what I thought best. Ten minutes later, the guy came around on my sort aisle and shook my hand, saying, "Thanks for speaking up." -Rocky

trickpony1

Over the years I have noticed that feeders is usually where they put management "out to pasture".

I'm just guessing here but could it be that Tie is a feeder supe because:
1) he may not have a degree so operations is/will be the extent of his ascension or;
2) the company knows that by placing Tie in feeders where he has to deal with real adults, instead of the kids in the hub, there is significantly less third party liability.

.....just a guess.

Yes man?? ME?????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. CACH....I'm the furthest thing from a yes man. I've earned respect from life-time management by telling them what was on my mind and whether I thought they were right. Thought the guy'd get peeved but he said to go ahead and do what I thought best. Ten minutes later, the guy came around on my sort aisle and shook my hand, saying, "Thanks for speaking up." -Rocky[/quote]

I was looking at it from the aspect of lesser of two evils.

Over the years I have noticed that feeders is usually where they put management "out to pasture".

I'm just guessing here but could it be that Tie is a feeder supe because:
1) he may not have a degree so operations is/will be the extent of his ascension or;
2) the company knows that by placing Tie in feeders where he has to deal with real adults, instead of the kids in the hub, there is significantly less third party liability.

.....just a guess.

In the last couple of years we`ve been getting our share of "yes boys",one was from hub another from I.E. of all places. They came in,tried there smilet and were shown the door. The old school guys with actual expeiriance are still around.

canon

No, he didn't make himself look really bad. At least, not in my opinion. He's human, just like you. Unlike some posters on here with 20+ years of bitterness towards this company, I'm new and more willing to cut the guy some slack. Maybe I'm stupid for doing so but I've been known to give people more chances than they deserve.
Tie pops off with something like this and you support it?
tieguy said:
Canon spends a two hour lunch every day taking pictures out in the country and then can't figure out why the man kicks his but for performance. Trickpony claims to be a feeder driver yet does not know how to do a parallel or blind side parallel park a prerequisite for getting a CDL. Chances are he's really a porter who happened to sweep up a feeder OJS form one day.
Do you really think that's true? It's a complete fabrication and distortion of the truth in an attempt to draw attention away from the manner in which he behaves on the board. Maybe he's the best supervisor in the world and just has a lousy online presence... but this is all we have to go by. He resorts to insults rather than discussion and you support that?

Why is it "20+ years of bitterness towards the company" when you're talking about hourly... yet with Tie you say "He's human, just like you." Is Tie getting cut slack just because ties stick together? And if you're cutting him slack, that alone means you see he's doing something wrong in the first place. Why would anyone with integrity do that? Stand up for what is right when that's the right thing to do. You seem mature enough that we can agree to disagree... we'll just have to disagree on this one. I'm not one to advocate trading integrity for popularity.

It's your choice, I don't care one way or the other the company you keep.

"Tell me what company you keep and I'll tell you what you are."
--Miguel de Cervantes

tieguy

Banned

--Miguel de Cervantes

But you did care. As a member of the crying trio you attack anyone Rocky included who has anything positive to say about any management person or the company. Your quote is beautiful. You now keep company with Trick who was the biggest cryer and complainer on this board until you showed up.

I don't have to do anything more to prove my point then to continue being a positive poster here while you three attack me for not being disgruntled like you folks. Every post you make speaks on your three extremely negative outlook on life.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Do you really think that's true? It's a complete fabrication and distortion of the truth in an attempt to draw attention away from the manner in which he behaves on the board. Maybe he's the best supervisor in the world and just has a lousy online presence... but this is all we have to go by. He resorts to insults rather than discussion and you support that?

Why is it "20+ years of bitterness towards the company" when you're talking about hourly... yet with Tie you say "He's human, just like you." Is Tie getting cut slack just because ties stick together? And if you're cutting him slack, that alone means you see he's doing something wrong in the first place. Why would anyone with integrity do that? Stand up for what is right when that's the right thing to do. You seem mature enough that we can agree to disagree... we'll just have to disagree on this one. I'm not one to advocate trading integrity for popularity.

--Miguel de Cervantes

::::Pounds table, standing and knocks chair over:::: Listen, bozo, how many :censored2:ing times and in how many different threads do I have to say it? I'm not a member of management but I DO agree with 90%+ of what Tie says. Look under one of these recent threads I've written in about p/t supervision. You'll see the story.

Insults? It seems to go both ways, pal. He may say something you don't like but you don't just drop it, you come back for MORE!! He calls some hourlies names, they gang up on him. Trying to tell me THAT'S fair??

20+ years of bitterness is just that. It manifests again and again in posts, both yours and CACH's. Maybe you have a reason for it, maybe not. Me...I'm a young guy. I won't spend more than 3 years with a company and that's on the high end. I see a company going south, I don't like the way I'm being treated, I find a better employment opportunity or education gives me a choice between my career and my education, ya know which one I'll pick? I'll pick the education every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Cutting him some slack says I know he's doing something wrong? If you want to see it that way. I see it as him being human. When you want ME to cut YOU some slack, try not being all the things Tie has said about you. Unfortunately, I agree with what he's SAID, just not his insults. There's a biiiiiiiig difference, ace. In fact, I'd go so far as to say some of the posters on this board are the poster children for the reason union workers are so hated. -Rocky

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
::::Pounds table, standing and knocks chair over:::: Listen, bozo, how many :censored2:ing times and in how many different threads do I have to say it? I'm not a member of management
. -Rocky

you know as I think about this I remember that Rocky recently helped us fight the war of sorts to get the colorado area back on its feet. It does make me wonder whens the last time you three members of the crying trio went above and beyond the call of duty to help this company through some kind of crisis.
And then look back and tell us when the last time you guys threw your last temper tantrum about some alleged mistreatment. In fact I would think you could provide me quite a few incidents in the crying criteria and very few where you actually went above and beyond.

You see I don't have to point my finger at any of you. All you have to do is make another post and the signs will be there that tells us you folks are really nothing more than slackers, shirkers , cryers and whiners living off the brown tit.

now what makes me the bad guy is I get tired of carrying your load for you and I will call you out of the shadows so everyone knows you were loafing again.

canon

But you did care. As a member of the crying trio you attack anyone Rocky included who has anything positive to say about any management person or the company. Your quote is beautiful. You now keep company with Trick who was the biggest cryer and complainer on this board until you showed up.

I don't have to do anything more to prove my point then to continue being a positive poster here while you three attack me for not being disgruntled like you folks. Every post you make speaks on your three extremely negative outlook on life.

Not so, we only challenged his belief that YOU were a good one. Once again, you list me as a whiner simply because I want PAS fixed and hold management accountable for it. That's ok tie, coming from you it really means nothing. You see it over and over... nobody is AGAINST management. We really do appreciate GOOD supervisors and managers... which is probably why you find this so offensive.

You come up with some decent posts now and then... but discount everything once you start with the insults and arrogant dismissals of anyone who happens to say something negative about a bad manager. I think you take it so personally because it hits too close to home.

Getting back to the subject Tie, you never did answer my question. Have you ever falsified a space and vis report to show more corrections than you actually did? Ever "bend the truth" a bit on a report to keep you in a favorable light with corporate? Speak up... your fanclub awaits. It's your face in the mirror every night... answer in any level of honesty which you feel comfortable.

tieguy

Banned
Not so, we only challenged his belief that YOU were a good one. Once again, you list me as a whiner simply because I want PAS fixed and hold management accountable for it. That's ok tie, coming from you it really means nothing. You see it over and over... nobody is AGAINST management. We really do appreciate GOOD supervisors and managers... which is probably why you find this so offensive.

You come up with some decent posts now and then... but discount everything once you start with the insults and arrogant dismissals of anyone who happens to say something negative about a bad manager. I think you take it so personally because it hits too close to home.

Getting back to the subject Tie, you never did answer my question. Have you ever falsified a space and vis report to show more corrections than you actually did? Ever "bend the truth" a bit on a report to keep you in a favorable light with corporate? Speak up... your fanclub awaits. It's your face in the mirror every night... answer in any level of honesty which you feel comfortable.

Now this is an interesting twist by the above poster. On another thread he defended a driver who was stealing COD's and basically told the person who discovered the theft to mind his own business and not say anything. He then comes to this thread and tries to get an integrity discussion going like he thinks he owns the subject. Typical whiner hating the company tactic.

canon

::::Pounds table, standing and knocks chair over:::: Listen, bozo, how many :censored2:ing times and in how many different threads do I have to say it? I'm not a member of management but I DO agree with 90%+ of what Tie says. Look under one of these recent threads I've written in about p/t supervision. You'll see the story.

Bozo? lol... ok. Sorry for the mistake about u being in management. It came from this post you made:
Izzat right? See, CACH, I worked at Addison. Tie sounds just like most of my sups there. I had one jackass but he was a bitter man...he told me part of the story and I can extrapolate the rest. I'm too new to Denver's inside management to make a judgement, I'm afraid. I met two center manager's when I was a helper. The one was OK, the other according to my driver, was a *****-Rock
Sorry, I read it as you were too new to Denver's inside management... um.

RockyRogue said:
Insults? It seems to go both ways, pal. He may say something you don't like but you don't just drop it, you come back for MORE!! He calls some hourlies names, they gang up on him. Trying to tell me THAT'S fair??
So you're saying I should just drop it and ignore his insults? Hmm. You're saying that when he calls some hourlies names, nobody should call him on it? Are you for real? Why is you advocate everyone else just cater to Tie's little tantrums and everyone else should be the "bigger man" and just let it go? Why don't you hold Tie to the same standards you seem to condemn everyone else for?

RockyRogue said:
20+ years of bitterness is just that. It manifests again and again in posts, both yours and CACH's.
Show me one post where I said something that could even be remotely misconstrued as "bitter". From the very beginning I have maintined my good working relationship with management and dedication to performance. My only hangup is with management dragging their feet on fixing PAS. Post it or retract it, "Ace".

RockyRogue said:
Cutting him some slack says I know he's doing something wrong? If you want to see it that way. I see it as him being human. When you want ME to cut YOU some slack, try not being all the things Tie has said about you. Unfortunately, I agree with what he's SAID, just not his insults. There a's a biiiiiiiig difference, ace. In fact, I'd go so far as to say some of the posters on this board are the poster children for the reason union workers are so hated. -Rocky
Guy, cut me slack or not.. don't care. Your low opinion of me means absolutely nothing now that I see you're nothing more than some suckup who thinks being "cool" with management somehow makes you more important. You've shown your true colors if you think it's ok for managment to name call... but not ok for hourly to stand up against it. Again, what is it you agree with? His claim that i'm a whiner? Post it. Agreed there are union people who hide behind the union and give the real workers a bad name... but you don't seem to care that it's a two way street and Tie is the posterchild for everything that is wrong with the company.

I guarantee you can't hold a candle to me on any level. It's funny you try.

canon

Now this is an interesting twist by the above poster. On another thread he defended a driver who was stealing COD's and basically told the person who discovered the theft to mind his own business and not say anything. He then comes to this thread and tries to get an integrity discussion going like he thinks he owns the subject. Typical whiner hating the company tactic.
Post it or admit you're a liar.

We all saw it.. the only thing I called for was the possibility that he's innocent until proven guilty. Yet another demonstration of your integrity tie.

And you STILL dodged the integrity question tie... do u falsify on space and vis or other reports to keep corporate happy?