Special delivery

rkctkc

How was it "pushed on you"? Did SEAL Team Six kick down your door and force you to read this post at gunpoint?

You're a voluntary member on a voluntary message board. No one pushed you to open this thread. No one pushed you to continue reading it once, you realized its contents.

I too, am a nonbeliever. Unlike you, I didn't feel compelled to spread vitriol.

Which makes me want to ask; "why so mad, bro?"

Sent using a Potato

I'm not mad, I was merely making a joke and got some backlash for it. How can all these Christians get so angry when they come across someone who doesn't believe. If I had said "praise the lord" all would be just fine, but if I say anything negative about the situation, all hell breaks loose

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This is probably a good time ask if everyone knows the difference between an agnostic and an atheist.
Atheist says he doesn't believe in god, agnostic says he doesn't know if there's a god. Since neither one believes in god it's a distinction without a difference for all practical purposes.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Atheist says he doesn't believe in god, agnostic says he doesn't know if there's a god. Since neither one believes in god it's a distinction without a difference for all practical purposes.
That's what I said you agnostic with questions

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

I dunno, I consider myself agnostic and I believe there is a distinction.

I'm not saying there is a supreme being but, I'm also not saying there is. We're spiritual fence sitters.

Sent using a Potato

upsbeernut

I'm not saying there is a supreme being but, I'm also not saying there is. We're spiritual fence sitters.

Sent using a Potato
I hear ya , I'm about the same way with that view point , my family is the opposite, I sometimes think religion is a matter of faith in life itself .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Sent using a Potato
The baseline definition of atheism is the lack of a belief in a god or gods and agnostics fall under that broad definition. Most folks idea of atheists is someone like Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens, public figures who claim to "know" there is no god and I agree that is clearly distinct from agnosticism. I suspect most atheists are a little more like me in that I'll believe in a god when I see some actual evidence for him/her, until then I don't. ymmv.

upsbeernut

The baseline definition of atheism is the lack of a belief in a god or gods and agnostics fall under that broad definition. Most folks idea of atheists is someone like Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens, public figures who claim to "know" there is no god and I agree that is clearly distinct from agnosticism. I suspect most atheists are a little more like me in that I'll believe in a god when I see some actual evidence for him/her, until then I don't. ymmv.
Proof or miracle is what I want to see.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I hear ya , I'm about the same way with that view point , my family is the opposite, I sometimes think religion is a matter of faith in life itself .

I happen to believe that organized religion, on the whole, is little more than, mind control.

I've little use for dogma that promises me paradise for behaving in a manner that someone else sees fit. I've also little use for dogma that promises eternal damnation, should I choose to not fall in line.

Sent using a Potato

upsbeernut

I happen to believe that organized religion, on the whole, is little more than, mind control.

I've little use for dogma that promises me paradise for behaving in a manner that someone else sees fit. I've also little use for dogma that promises eternal damnation, should I choose to not fall in line.

Sent using a Potato
Agree, things happen for a reason in your life ,I'm a true believer in fate and when I die, well I'm gone not worried about where.