Special delivery

bbsam

Staff member
I happen to believe that organized religion, on the whole, is little more than, mind control.

I've little use for dogma that promises me paradise for behaving in a manner that someone else sees fit. I've also little use for dogma that promises eternal damnation, should I choose to not fall in line.

Sent using a Potato
Strange. I'm a believer but not for promises of paradise or damnation. In fact, I'm often in church admiring the milf in the pew two rows ahead. Sinner? Yep. Hypocrite? Yep. An instrument for God in the world? Yeah, that too. No better, no worse than anyone else in the world facing trials and triumphs in life. One thing religion does help with is keeping both trials and triumphs in perspective.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Strange. I'm a believer but not for promises of paradise or damnation. In fact, I'm often in church admiring the milf in the pew two rows ahead. Sinner? Yep. Hypocrite? Yep. An instrument for God in the world? Yeah, that too. No better, no worse than anyone else in the world facing trials and triumphs in life. One thing religion does help with is keeping both trials and triumphs in perspective.

You're a pretty intelligent person. Surely, you don't need another human being to put things into prospective for you.

Sent using a Potato

bbsam

Staff member
You're a pretty intelligent person. Surely, you don't need another human being to put things into prospective for you.

Sent using a Potato
Sure I do. Forgiveness sounds wonderful from the pulpit. It all makes sense. But when Monday through Saturday arrive and I am called on to forgive another, not because it will get me into heaven or send me to hell, but because I have been forgiven...well that takes some processing. Yeah, I'm smart enough to figure it out but that doesn't make it easy or pleasant. I've pulled some rotten crap in my life that I don't pull anymore. Others deserve from me the same mercy I've been shown by others.

100% Trace

GOD demonstrated HIS love to us by sending His Son Jesus Christ, who died and rose from the dead to GIVE us eternal life.

He also promised to heal your body.
(Just ask Him)

Preach on.... If people get mad about it and don't want to read it.... My advice to them is move on and don't touch the keyboard. Merry CHRISTmas!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Strange. I'm a believer but not for promises of paradise or damnation. In fact, I'm often in church admiring the milf in the pew two rows ahead. Sinner? Yep. Hypocrite? Yep. An instrument for God in the world? Yeah, that too. No better, no worse than anyone else in the world facing trials and triumphs in life. One thing religion does help me with is keeping both trials and triumphs in perspective.
ftfy

I believe Jesus is the son. I believe him to be God and I believe he the coolest brother there ever was. I know there is some thing I also believe. I love him so much that I cry thinking about him. Always have and I pray to God i always do.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
imagesZWUSWAWT.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I believe Jesus is the son. I believe him to be God and I believe he the coolest brother there ever was. I know there is some thing I also believe. I love him so much that I cry thinking about him. Always have and I pray to God i always do.
On da real, digging that statement alot, I like it in all seriousness:likeit: