Squirrel Death count

TheKingOfQueens

Is it just me or do all these squirrels play chicken with our brown trucks. Haven't killed one yet which is good ! Mainly cuz I stop or try and avoid them but man do they come exaggeratedly close to death. I swear it's the same squirrel that does it to me every day!!! Also have had birds zoom by my windshield almost hitting them . Like its a game !!!! Lol

Mr Shifter

My first year driving I hit a cat but that son of a B shook it off and kept going. I was driving about 45mph and it shot out in front. Been lucky enough that I haven't hit anything since.

BrownTexas

Hit a coyote cub once. Sent me into a 180 degree spin, into opposing traffics ditch, trying to brake to miss it. Still smoked it. :(

bill blutnach

Is it just me or do all these squirrels play chicken with our brown trucks. Haven't killed one yet which is good ! Mainly cuz I stop or try and avoid them but man do they come exaggeratedly close to death. I swear it's the same squirrel that does it to me every day!!! Also have had birds zoom by my windshield almost hitting them . Like its a game !!!! Lol

On Ze Gray café der is ein squirrel who is upsetzen about die UPS driver who keeps trying to flauffen him.

O

OLDMAN3

Knocked a big old goose silly...He did two cartwheels and stopped right under a car's tire. The driver rolled forward slowly and I could hear the bones crunching. Do you guys bother to go back and put animals out of their misery?

rod

Retired 22 years
Although braking hard or swerving for animals is a natural thing to do it is NOT recommended. Many innocent people have been killed because someone swerved and lost control trying to avoid an animal. I just grit my teeth and hope for the best and if my wife is with me I always tell her I missed it just because she is "sensitive".

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Knocked a big old goose silly...He did two cartwheels and stopped right under a car's tire. The driver rolled forward slowly and I could hear the bones crunching. Do you guys bother to go back and put animals out of their misery?
The Canadian geese around here are stubborn as hell, but they always manage to get out of the way at the last second, leaving their bright green crap behind them every step of the way.

bham brown

Heck, I take out one or two squirrels a day. I've had a hawk fly into the windshield, didn't break it, an owl fly into the grill, and a deer get wedged under the support frame on the front of truck . Not trying to be graphic but there are a lot of animals out and about in the country. And I can't go swerving to miss em and have an accident. Head safety guy gave me a piece of paper once that said don't swerve for wildlife. No accident for wildlife but I will get one for swerving and hitting a pine tree.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yes, I will go back and do whatever is necessary for the animal. Under bo circumstances would I just drive off and leave it there.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Squirrels are the worst because they think you are after them, so they will try to "fake you out" and zig zag rather than just getting the hell out of your way.

All squirrels are just trying to get a nut.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
i always look back in my mirrors (every 5 to 8 seconds )to hopefully not see one squished. Poor little zig zag nut out for a food run or to hook up with a female on the other side of the street.