Stand up for our health rights

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I know there are ways out of constantly wearing that thing but the point is that there is really no science when it comes to infection rates. The Danish study in particular shows there is no seriously measurable data to suggest a full mask mandate is better than telling people that there is a disease and to not go to work when you are sick. This is not about safety, it never was.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ok. But what about walking into the building.....?

2912.jpg

True. Let's say they won't force you to make a choice, IMO. Unless they do it in stages, going state by state & going within work groups with management asking around & figuring out how many they will need to replace in those groups. That way they can get in front of it.
For instance, they won't say "by October 15th you must be vaccinated". Only to lose 10,000 workers on the 16th.
But this is ups, so who knows.
It would be a perfect time to deploy late spring where natural layoffs tend to happen anyway. After that they can run the guys who want it and build back up for peak.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Trying to incite a wildcat strike... is not the way to go.

And why is that? This is only in opposition to a forced vaccination by the employer.

Right now, your senecio is only "hypothetical".

"Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) of this Section, strikes, work stoppages, slowdowns, walkouts or lockouts over disputes, which do not arise under provisions of this National Master Agreement, shall be permitted or prohibited as provided in the applicable Supplement, Rider and/or Addendum. The Local Union shall give the Employer a seventy-two (72) hour prior written notice of the Local Union’s authorization of strike action, which notice shall specify the majority National Grievance Committee decision or deadlocked National Grievance Committee decision providing the basis for such authorization. The Local Union shall comply with the provisions of the applicable Supplemental Agreement, Rider and Addendum relating to strike action resulting from delinquencies in the payment of health and welfare or pension contributions."

Better know what you are doing. And, have a good attorney on retainer.

(and the support of your Local and the IBT)

possibleparrot381

What makes you think UPS will require vaccination? How do you think they would enforce such a thing? They don't require any other type of vaccination, why would they start now? If they do start to require vaccinations, what authority do they have to make you prove you got it? BTW, they offer face shields if you can't wear a mask.

You and I, and numerous others, know that masks and shields are a crock, but there are too many people steeped in their superstitious ways, which started 9 months ago, for them to ever let pesky things like empirical evidence, or lack thereof, stop them from freaking out about others not believing in their superstitions with them. It's not worth fighting an angry, brainless mob over.
masks work though.....

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
masks work though.....
N95 surgical masks are relatively effective. However, the face sleeves, scarves, cotton/polyester coverings and stupid-ass face shields are like trying to stop a mosquito with a chain-link fence.

I love watching people walk around looking like retarded welders with those face shields on....and nothing else underneath.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
masks work though.....

Where's the empirical evidence? I'd happily change my tune if someone showed me reliable data that shows, on any scale (population wide or individual) that wearing masks has any impact on the spread of respiratory illness causing viruses.

The CDC claims to base their recommendation on a "rapid review" of studies. I read the review and the studies, and even though the study authors recommended mask use in some cases, they didn't base those recommendations on the data that they obtained from their own studies, which showed no significant protection against spreading ILI.

It's really quite remarkable how easily people are led astray by people they think are authorities. Did you notice that none of the experts recommended masks in the beginning, then, out of nowhere, they changed their minds? Any idea why that is? They, especially Fauci, based their earlier recommendations on the established science, and did their flip-flop act based on polling data.

Somehow, enough people who were polled decided that since doctors and nurses wear masks, that means masks will work in this particular context, and outside of clinical settings (even in clinical settings masks have pretty limited effectiveness). Those people were and are wrong, but the "experts" gave them what they wanted, and came up with extremely weak evidence to support it after the fact. That's not how science is conducted.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Whatever dude. If you don't want to wear a mask, don't wear one. But don't tell me I can't.

Problem solved.

I am 100% perfectly and absolutely ok with that arrangement. Many people think they must force others to wear masks, though, which is the problem, and the main reason I harp on the fact that science doesn't support masking.

tadpole

Whatever dude. If you don't want to wear a mask, don't wear one. But don't tell me I can't.

Problem solved.
I don’t have a problem with people wearing masks. I don’t have a problem with people choosing to require masks at their homes or businesses. I have a big problem with governors requiring masks.

Spanky250

I don’t have a problem with people wearing masks. I don’t have a problem with people choosing to require masks at their homes or businesses. I have a big problem with governors requiring masks.

I don't particularly like it either. But you know what? People like you are making it a way bigger deal than it really is. How does wearing a mask hurt you? It's such a petty inconvenience that I just don't really care. I chose my battles carefully, and this hill ain't worth dyin on.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't particularly like it either. But you know what? People like you are making it a way bigger deal than it really is. How does wearing a mask hurt you? It's such a petty inconvenience that I just don't really care. I chose my battles carefully, and this hill ain't worth dyin on.

If it's not a big deal to you, why engage in conversation about it? Other people may have perfectly good and justifiable reasons not to wear masks, including simply not wanting to.

And I really don't like this "hill worth dying on" nonsense. Lots of people died on lots of hills so you and I could have the right to make choices for ourselves. Giving up those rights freely, because It's "not a big deal", is extremely disrespectful to the people who did die on those hills.

Last edited:

tadpole

If it’s not that bad, then why does everybody pull it down all the time? Even the ones that are pushing harder and harder for masks?

Spanky250

If it's not a big deal to you, why engage in conversation about it? Other people may have perfectly good and justifiable reasons not to wear masks, including simply not wanting to.

And I really don't like this "hill worth dying on" nonsense. Lots of people died on lots of hills so you and I could have the right to make choices for ourselves. Giving up those rights freely, because It's "not a big deal", is extremely disrespectful to the people who did die on those hills.

Oh here we go with the "rights" nonsense again. What right is being taken away from you?

Spanky250

If it’s not that bad, then why does everybody pull it down all the time? Even the ones that are pushing harder and harder for masks?

Because there's no reason to keep it up when you're alone.

I put mine up when I get out of the package car, and take it down again when I'm walking back to the package car. No big deal to me...

tadpole

Because there's no reason to keep it up when you're alone.

I put mine up when I get out of the package car, and take it down again when I'm walking back to the package car. No big deal to me...
Exactly, it’s not a big deal because you barely have to use it. And yeah there’s no point in using it when nobody’s around you. But it’s still required if you’re indoors. No exceptions.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Oh here we go with the "rights" nonsense again. What right is being taken away from you?

My right to make my own decisions about my health as affirmed by the 9th, 10th, 14th, and arguably the 4th, amendment.

My right to not be a part of medical experiments (which are what mask mandates and lock downs amount to in the absence of strong empirical data supporting them) without my informed consent.

Why do you hate rights so much?