Stand up for our health rights

Spanky250

My right to make my own decisions about my health as affirmed by the 9th, 10th, 14th, and arguably the 4th, amendment.

My right to not be a part of medical experiments (which are what mask mandates and lock downs amount to in the absence of strong empirical data supporting them) without my informed consent.

Why do you hate rights so much?

You do have the right to make decisions that affect your health. You don't have the right to make decisions that affect MY health. See how that works?

You haven't lost any rights. I think you're just one of those people that searches for things to whine and bitch about.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You do have the right to make decisions that affect your health. You don't have the right to make decisions that affect MY health. See how that works?

You haven't lost any rights. I think you're just one of those people that searches for things to whine and bitch about.

Your decision to force others to wear masks is affecting my health. My decision to not wear a mask does not affect your health. See how that works? Sorry if facts aren't on your side, and that you hate personal liberty. Boy were you born in the wrong country. But never fear, people like you are quickly making this great country a totalitarian hellscape.

Spanky250

Your decision to force others to wear masks is affecting my health. My decision to not wear a mask does not affect your health. Sorry if facts aren't on your side, and that you hate personal liberty. Boy were you born in the wrong country.

Lol what? I haven't forced anybody to do anything.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Lol what? I haven't forced anybody to do anything.

It was a figure of speech. Ttku. You approve of mask mandates though, so you are complicit. And yes, I do like to whine about people violating my rights. Sorry if that bothers you. Hope I never have to go further than whine about it.

Spanky250

It was a figure of speech. Ttku. You approve of mask mandates though, so you are complicit. And yes, I do like to whine about people violating my rights. Sorry if that bothers you. Hope I never have to go further than whine about it.

Show me where I said I "approve of mandates".

I said no such thing. I only said I don't see what the big deal is about wearing a mask. So I'll repeat myself. If you don't want to wear a mask, don't. I don't care.

If UPS makes them mandatory, you're free to choose to work somewhere else if you don't want to follow the rules of the people that pay you. You have a choice.

rickyb

I work out of Washington state and UPS has informed us that we will be getting warning letters for not wearing a mask in the center. This goes against the mask mandate exemptions allowed by the mandate. For starters, people aren’t supposed to ask you why you aren’t wearing a mask. Secondly, they are not entitled to health information or a note from a doctor to prove your exemption. I’m currently looking for legal representation for this because the union will not back us on this.
Next, they will most likely do a mandatory Covid vaccination in order to work at UPS. If they do this, we need to build a community of drivers/ etcetera, to walk out simultaneously in order to force the issue that we are in charge of our bodies and health decisions. I’d like to some how form a community of drivers that would help recruit upsers that want to strike in opposition of UPS and our local unions. Who is with me?
wearing a mask sucks, but id also like to see conservatives fight for their right to 7 weeks paid vacation by law or to cut dept of war spending

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Show me where I said I "approve of mandates".

I said no such thing. I only said I don't see what the big deal is about wearing a mask. So I'll repeat myself. If you don't want to wear a mask, don't. I don't care.

If UPS makes them mandatory, you're free to choose to work somewhere else if you don't want to follow the rules of the people that pay you. You have a choice.

If UPS does illegal things I should go along or quit my job? That's some great logic. Someone told me that when I said I opposed UPS's shaving requirement. Guess who still drives for UPS and has a beard. By voicing my opposition I help others know they are not alone, educate them about the data and arguments, and empower them to speak up for themselves. I think I'll keep winning, um, er whining.

By not opposing mandates you support them implicitly. I'm sorry if that fact comes as a shock to you.

Last edited:

tadpole

Several people on here and in real life have asked me, “What’s the big deal about masks? Why do you care so much?”

Reasons to oppose mask mandates:

1. Masks can make people feel bad, especially when worn a long time, or when exercising.
2. Some people (kids in school) are forced to wear them for a long time.
3. The medical exemption is not being honored for the most part. Members of the community are taking it upon themselves to police masks.
4. This has been going on since June. There is currently no timetable or Covid threshold that will allow for the mandate being lifted.
5. Rules that don’t make sense. At the restaurant, you must wear a mask as you walk in and walk out but not while seated. At the pool, you must wear mask when not in the water. At the trampoline park, must wear mask when not jumping. In the NFL, players are not wearing masks, in each others faces, breathing heavy, trying to block/push each other back. But on the sidelines, they must wear masks. You’ve been vaccinated? Already recovered from Covid? You must keep your mask on!
6. Big tech removes and censors info and discussion questioning masks.
7. I’m allergic to BS.

rickyb

Several people on here and in real life have asked me, “What’s the big deal about masks? Why do you care so much?”

Reasons to oppose mask mandates:

1. Masks can make people feel bad, especially when worn a long time, or when exercising.
2. Some people (kids in school) are forced to wear them for a long time.
3. The medical exemption is not being honored for the most part. Members of the community are taking it upon themselves to police masks.
4. This has been going on since June. There is currently no timetable or Covid threshold that will allow for the mandate being lifted.
5. Rules that don’t make sense. At the restaurant, you must wear a mask as you walk in and walk out but not while seated. At the pool, you must wear mask when not in the water. At the trampoline park, must wear mask when not jumping. In the NFL, players are not wearing masks, in each others faces, breathing heavy, trying to block/push each other back. But on the sidelines, they must wear masks. You’ve been vaccinated? Already recovered from Covid? You must keep your mask on!
6. Big tech removes and censors info and discussion questioning masks.
7. I’m allergic to BS.
yea i heard big tech was censoring the debate as well. censorship sucks we should protest that too.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
most americans take far less than other developed countries which is why i say. gotta be true for canada too.

Hey, our taxes need to pay for the military to keep the world safe. Wonder if those other countries could afford to take so much vacation if we weren't completely subsidizing their defense.

rickyb

Hey, our taxes need to pay for the military to keep the world safe. Wonder if those other countries could afford to take so much vacation if we weren't completely subsidizing their defense.
i dont think its making them safer. its imperialism, its not a noble cause. sympathies to the soldiers who believe otherwise.

Spanky250

If UPS does illegal things I should go along or quit my job?

Now you're being disingenuous as well as ridiculous. UPS (or any private company) requiring you to wear a mask while on their premises is most certainly not illegal.

When you have to bolster your argument with made-up :censored2: you don't have much of an argument.

I'm done with this. You conspiracy nutjobs bore me.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
i dont think its making them safer. its imperialism, its not a noble cause. sympathies to the soldiers who believe otherwise.

I agree, we need to pull out so they have to provide for their own defense, and cut back on vacations to pay for it. That way people will stop confusing our subsidizing their defense.for them being able to afford taking 7 weeks of vacation.

Spanky250

It disgust me that we give billions to countries that hate us, while we have homeless veterans and starving citizens right here.