Stand up for our health rights

So if labor and industry forces all of the state work force to vaccinate, you won’t blame the employer? Because that is why ups is enforcing masks.
Fair, but not all employers will be following this directive. The union could also back us but they choose not to out of fear. The only tangible way we can make the government pay is to not pay taxes, which at this point, there is certainly justification.

Is there good reason why UPS couldn’t tell the government “no”.? The government knows this is their only way to force this upon us in a meaningful way, The only way the people will be forced vaccinated is by the corporations allowing it to happen. That is why we strike against them.

rickyb

Fair, but not all employers will be following this directive. The union could also back us but they choose not to out of fear. The only tangible way we can make the government pay is to not pay taxes, which at this point, there is certainly justification.

Is there good reason why UPS couldn’t tell the government “no”.? The government knows this is their only way to force this upon us in a meaningful way, The only way the people will be forced vaccinated is by the corporations allowing it to happen. That is why we strike against them.
america has long jail sentences dont :censored2: around

The union will probably say the employer cannot FORCE a vaccination. But cannot say much if the state forces it.

The union will probably say the employer cannot FORCE a vaccination. But cannot say much if the state forces it.
If that’s the case, I guess Washington can have it’s insanity. I’ll be out. I’m just saying, if our employer and union will not fight for us. It might be worth taking a stand.

FromOffTheStreets

I don't think ups will force everyone to get the vaccine. They will strongly encourage but not force. It would just give too many employees the courage to leave the nightmare. I don't know a single employee that loves coming to work. They continue showing up because of the pay and or the benefits.
The only thing ups cares about are boxes reaching doorsteps & profit #'s. The possibility of losing a sizable chunk of preloaders, drivers, hub employees would hurt the #'s & take some time to replace.

Dirk Digler

Bam all done!!
When the seatbelt law started it was the same thing as masks , I have a right not to wear a seatbelt and so on. Now 30 years later everyone for the most part wears seatbelt partly to avoid getting a ticket but mostly for safety. A mask is the same thing people all upset now but down the road it’s not a big deal. I am in Washington also and it’s not really enforced in my building either . I wear mine in big groups in the building then pull it down when I’m alone. Grab coffee on your way into the building like most people and the mask becomes optional than because u are drinking something.

quad decade guy

I don't think ups will force everyone to get the vaccine. They will strongly encourage but not force. It would just give too many employees the courage to leave the nightmare. I don't know a single employee that loves coming to work. They continue showing up because of the pay and or the benefits.
The only thing ups cares about are boxes reaching doorsteps & profit #'s. The possibility of losing a sizable chunk of preloaders, drivers, hub employees would hurt the #'s & take some time to replace.
They won't "force" anyone to do anything. You always have a choice. Nor can the State. Now, this choice may have unintended consequences or undesirable outcomes.....but you can always choose.

FromOffTheStreets

They won't "force" anyone to do anything. You always have a choice. Nor can the State. Now, this choice may have unintended consequences or undesirable outcomes.....but you can always choose.
True. Let's say they won't force you to make a choice, IMO. Unless they do it in stages, going state by state & going within work groups with management asking around & figuring out how many they will need to replace in those groups. That way they can get in front of it.
For instance, they won't say "by October 15th you must be vaccinated". Only to lose 10,000 workers on the 16th.
But this is ups, so who knows.

tadpole

When the seatbelt law started it was the same thing as masks , I have a right not to wear a seatbelt and so on. Now 30 years later everyone for the most part wears seatbelt partly to avoid getting a ticket but mostly for safety. A mask is the same thing people all upset now but down the road it’s not a big deal. I am in Washington also and it’s not really enforced in my building either . I wear mine in big groups in the building then pull it down when I’m alone. Grab coffee on your way into the building like most people and the mask becomes optional than because u are drinking something.
So you’re ok wearing a mask for the rest of life, and making your kids wear them?
Can you see that that changes life a bit more dramatically than having to wear a seatbelt when you drive?

And the enforcement is done by society, not law enforcement. Seatbelts never turned neighbors against neighbors.

FromOffTheStreets

That's a good point.
However I think seatbelts are proven to work along with the airbag in most crashes.
The masks, maybe. 1st they tell us masks do nothing. They wont stop something so Small. Eventually they do the mask mandates. Now they tell us its better to wear 2 or 3 of them. In reality I think we needed a real n 95 plus a face shield or goggles as well as gloves to really block it. I think the gator, regular mask or cloth mask does next to nothing. Those are basically virtue signals.
I think this will ramp up in the winter & die down in the summer for years to come.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That's a good point.
However I think seatbelts are proven to work along with the airbag in most crashes.
The masks, maybe. 1st they tell us masks do nothing. They wont stop something so Small. Eventually they do the mask mandates. Now they tell us its better to wear 2 or 3 of them. In reality I think we needed a real n 95 plus a face shield or goggles as well as gloves to really block it. I think the gator, regular mask or cloth mask does next to nothing. Those are basically virtue signals.
I think this will ramp up in the winter & die down in the summer for years to come.

This is the only thing that will block a virus:
Resize-DSC02329.jpg

I hope you’re right, I actually enjoy being on road, You’re right though, I don’t love it. I just want them to give me the work they want me to do, then leave me the friend alone; for the most part they do.

quad decade guy

That's a good point.
Watch-it will all go away. Now that Democrats are in control.....all will be back to normal. Notice how it's not in the news much? California opening up despite highest cases? Now that Newsom being recalled? Do I believe the pandemic was used to defeat Trump? You bet!

I know there are ways out of constantly wearing that thing but the point is that there is really no science when it comes to infection rates. The Danish study in particular shows there is no seriously measurable data to suggest a full mask mandate is better than telling people that there is a disease and to not go to work when you are sick. This is not about safety, it never was.