Starting Pay?

bbsam

Staff member
wonder if your comrades were as generous

good on you
I don’t know. I certainly don’t mind doing it.

Had one driver not show up and I was already covering. Told my manager in that city to use all the drivers there to get it cleaned up and called me explaining that for that extra $1 a stop she and one other driver were more than happy to take care of it. She’s really, really good.

Had one driver not show up and I was already covering. Told my manager in that city to use all the drivers there to get it cleaned up and called me explaining that for that extra $1 a stop she and one other driver were more than happy to take care of it. She’s really, really good.
Heck I'll come cover for you on Saturdays...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What can the driver who did not show up expect to get?

bbsam

Staff member
I’ve kinda found a good young pool of hard working and team oriented candidates. Connections to local soccer clubs are paying off.

bbsam

Staff member
What can the driver who did not show up expect to get?
He and I will have a conversation. He’s a decent guy but one that wants to make his own schedule and demand top dollar.

He just came back a week ago from a couple jobs he decided he didn’t care for. Now we will determine whether he wants to stay on bbsam inc. terms or he doesn’t. We already have his replacement if he decides it’s not for him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I’ve kinda found a good young pool of hard working and team oriented candidates. Connections to local soccer clubs are paying off.

Both of my kids played sports growing up and the main reason that I worked very hard to get (and keep) them involved was the camaraderie and team building that they learned from participating. They also learned that there are both good and bad coaches, much the same as there are good and bad bosses, and that you can learn from both.

bbsam

Staff member
You setting up job fairs adjacent to the soccer fields?
Nah. I know some coaches. A couple guys started at junior college and decided it wasn’t for them. Another one is the women’s coach at the junior college. Word gets around.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
He likes the soccer moms....
Like Mrs. Milf?

Soccer mom.jpg