Starting Pay?

bacha29

I retired after 30 years as a RPCD at UPS.

The pension should be administered by the company only. Benefits should remain the same with more of the burden shifted to the employees.
As long as it's the reaming employees that it's shifted to but heaven forbid if you were one of them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I retired after 30 years as a RPCD at UPS.

The pension should be administered by the company only. Benefits should remain the same with more of the burden shifted to the employees.
Maybe the burden could be lessened by funding the remaining employees’s retirement with your monthly retirement check.

Southeast Hoss

yes it's residential around a city but no way can be done in 6 hours- I've been consistent with a hour day which includes loading b/c I have to load truck.

vantexan

25 SPORH on a residential area is not that hard to maintain.
Well sure if you flip the letters out the window like a newspaper. Stopping, getting the package, walking to the door, returning, starting, driving to the next stop requires real humping to make 25 sph. You have to remember FedEx delivery routes cover a much larger area than UPS routes. You guys trip and land at your next stop. But not putting UPS down. UPS drivers deal with a heck of a lot of boxes and that has to wear on you over the years. The high pay and great benefits make it worthwhile to many though.

CatMan

If you didn't get that raise, I'm sure you can find a couple of easy hours here and there to make up for it. No sweat off your back to be sure!

Serf

While I agree we won't get a raise this year and the step program is all but dead at this point, it can't be because
business is slow. It's like peak 2.0 around here.
Dozens & Dozens of sick calls and no one to deliver shoes and vitamins house Moms are ordering. At least in my corner of the woods.

Southeast Hoss

Lat week had over 130 stops each day/ over 160 packages and get paid flat fee of $130 gross about $110 net- I'm part time but know where I'm going and what to do- contractor getting paid correct?