Stealing Time??

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm still extremely curious as to how he gained access to GTS as an hourly employee. I posed several questions to the OP in my initial post in this thread and am eagerly awaiting the answers.

Additionally, GTS doesn't show people punched in and not punched out as you've correctly stated. Will only show a no card. The only way it will show a timecard if an employee punched in and not out is the following day when the PTM/GTS prorgrams finally realise that the employee failed to punch out and it automatically triggers a punch out time after 20 or so some odd hours. At that point, we go to the employee and ask for the time he punched out and correct it and get the employee to sign it and we keep it in his file in our office.

I bet you are. :wink2: Heres a hint- hourly always knows more that you give them credit for.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Employees like you are not only putting their jobs at risk, but also underming our contract. The language is clear, extra contractual agreements are not allowed and for good reason. So, this has something to do with your fellow union brothers and sisters. Part of being union is not having to kiss ass to get extra favors. When you steal time it's at a cost of you fellow union members because while you leave, someone is left behind to do your work.

Why stop with going home early. Maybe if you do a little something more, you can get a preferred position, an extra week vacation, maybe even a company car to take home. Who cares about seniority, you have figured out how to side track all that.

Unfortunately, when the crap hits the fan, you my brother (or maybe my sister), will be the one to pay. UPS takes pride in terminating employees for dishonesty and you will be the fall person. It's happen before and will happen again.

Special treatment towards select employees is discrimination against the others.

Look, you don't know my situation personally. I was just giving an example where it is OK to get paid for time you do not work. I am guaranteed 8 hours of pay whether I work it or not. WHen there is 4 peoples worth of work left and it's almost time to go home, I go home and others stay. That is not my problem if they want to cut me.

My point was, it is impossible to know the exact story as the thread author never revealed it (at the time anyway, I think we dug deeper since)

brownIEman

Its a small center, the sup has a time sheet to fill out and he has hours he is allotted based on package volume. If A-guy needs 4.5 for the day, then he'll shave some here and there off mine in GTS.

LMAO, have already done it.

Have done this too, they pull up GTS then say, look thats what GTS shows, i'm like i don't care, thats what sup put in not what i worked.
They keep telling there isn't anyway to prove i worked more.

Didn't know there was a Loss Prevention

As to this point - in a word, no. GTS keeps a record of EVERY change made to an employees timecard, and what user ID was signed in when the change was made. EVERY change. There is a simple report any GTS user can pull up to see every change made to a specific timecard. If you clock in on the PTM, and then clock out, these times will show as PTM uploads to GTS. If the sup then manually changes your punch in time and punch out time, these changes are recorded on the report with who made them and what time. As an example, I have used this report to verify to an employee that I did indeed as I promised, ad 10 minutes onto his time when I allowed him to go home early instead of wait for his last break and then punch out. I pulled the report that clearly showed his PTM punchout time, and then where my user ID had manually changed his punch out time to 10 minutes later.

If you are being cheated, go to management with your steward, and ask to see the record of changes to you GTS timecards. If they don't know how, ask them to find out. If everything you have been posting is true, your lazy coworkers have been as suggested by others, working as directed (if in a less than ethical way) and will likely get a slap on the wrist. The sup who has been stealing time from you will be giving up his management seat, just at a time when we need more of them freed up, so the timing could not be better. :happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
OK, I'll bite, you're a fool.
Your right!!
It has never been, nor will ever be an issue for you.
Because you won't know, nor will you be able to show a discrepancy.
Why do you think that "most of your co-workers" keep a record?
Could it be because it has been for many, an issue in the past?
I'm thinking from your earlier posts in this thread that you would be afraid to say anything about it to management any way.
It would put a target on your back for retaliation.:anxious:
This forum seems to be the only place that you have any stones.
WOW You didn't even get a yawn. :happy-very:

iowa boy

As to this point - in a word, no. GTS keeps a record of EVERY change made to an employees timecard, and what user ID was signed in when the change was made. EVERY change. There is a simple report any GTS user can pull up to see every change made to a specific timecard. If you clock in on the PTM, and then clock out, these times will show as PTM uploads to GTS. If the sup then manually changes your punch in time and punch out time, these changes are recorded on the report with who made them and what time. As an example, I have used this report to verify to an employee that I did indeed as I promised, ad 10 minutes onto his time when I allowed him to go home early instead of wait for his last break and then punch out. I pulled the report that clearly showed his PTM punchout time, and then where my user ID had manually changed his punch out time to 10 minutes later.

If you are being cheated, go to management with your steward, and ask to see the record of changes to you GTS timecards. If they don't know how, ask them to find out. If everything you have been posting is true, your lazy coworkers have been as suggested by others, working as directed (if in a less than ethical way) and will likely get a slap on the wrist. The sup who has been stealing time from you will be giving up his management seat, just at a time when we need more of them freed up, so the timing could not be better. :happy2:

IEman,

I know what you are saying is true as I have had to authorize changes that needed to be made to my timecard in GTS. (We have a book with our names on a sheet of paper to initial if our times are wrong or if we forget to code out for a different job and the sups have to change it.)

But what happens if the employee "forgets" to punch out, isn't the supervisor or OMS responsible to make sure payroll is done before they leave? This is what our sups and OMS are told at my center. If someone doesn't punch out here, they are punched out by the sup or OMS in the system and the employee doesn't have to okay it.

If this is happening at the OP's location and the employees "forget to punch out", it would seem to me that by manually punching them out on the computer would be a nice cover story for the supervisor.

Your thoughts on this would be interesting to read.

iowa boy

I think the more important question here is how did you get your hands on 6 months of GTS screengrabs if you're a) not allowed to be in GTS as a part time employee and b) not a supervisor authorised to be in GTS. Sounds like you're going to have to answer for that as well if you take this any further.

SouthCal,

I gotta tell ya, its not that hard to grab screenshots of individual timecards after the employee punches out. I have been seen sups and OMS leave the timecard screen up and they walk away from the computer. I have had the opportunity on more that a handful of occasions in the last six months to sit at the computer and look at my timecard for the day or week or even the last month. I have never actually looked at time cards for myself or others but, when the screen is up and all you have to do is click on a different day of the week and then click on whatever employee you want to view, its not that hard to grab a screenshot in under 30 seconds if you really wanted to.

brownIEman

IEman,

I know what you are saying is true as I have had to authorize changes that needed to be made to my timecard in GTS. (We have a book with our names on a sheet of paper to initial if our times are wrong or if we forget to code out for a different job and the sups have to change it.)

But what happens if the employee "forgets" to punch out, isn't the supervisor or OMS responsible to make sure payroll is done before they leave? This is what our sups and OMS are told at my center. If someone doesn't punch out here, they are punched out by the sup or OMS in the system and the employee doesn't have to okay it.

If this is happening at the OP's location and the employees "forget to punch out", it would seem to me that by manually punching them out on the computer would be a nice cover story for the supervisor.

Your thoughts on this would be interesting to read.

If you forget to punch out, you can, will, and should be punched out manually by a management person. But if the OP is forgetting to punch out every day, he really has no leg to stand onto say that the sups in the center are changing his punch out time to shave time off him.

A PTM timecard can only punched out once. So, if the OP punches out at say, 9:20AM everyday, that card is right then uploaded to GTS. If the sup comes in later and changes the punch out time on the card in GTS to say, 9:00, that is recorded in the system and there is nothing the sup can do about it.

One other thing, and I know this was brought up by someone earlier, if this sup is giving 2 employees 5 hours or so every day for a shift that lasts 3.5 hours, this is going to stick out like a sore thumb. You could get away with it for a while, but eventually someone is going to start asking questions that this guy is not going to have any good answers for.
The OP could get with a stewart and file a grievance for extra work being given out of seniority order, which would obligate the company to print hours worked reports, which would sorta force the issue if no one has noticed it yet.

BILLYB

If they are stealing then they deserve to be fired. All you can do is document your time and make sure your pay is right. What the other people may or may not be doing doesn't concern you.
Sorry to inform you but I own stock in this company and if people are stealing company time IT IS my business! We have had mgt and hourly fired for this in the last year! I am not a RAT but I do not agree with gaming the system for anyone! All hourly is equal, all mgt is equal - that is why we have a contract! Our center is on watch for abusing 1 hour lunch policy - a clear violation of contract and the law! We are now the model center for our district! No more claiming 10 min lunch when you clearly did not.

zardranin

I don't know, im a part time sup on the preload and I don't know how this is possible. Corporate actaully is tracking GTS these days and looking for odd things. Not to mention we are given a plan for hours every day and I can't imagine these guys are blowing there plan by that much every day. I mean, the full timer would have to be out of it not to notice someone working 5 hours at all, never mind on a sort span of like 3.5. Anyone working over 4 hours in our building has to be accounted for right now. This might have been possible years ago when the volume was high and no one paid much attention.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Are these late times only for reporting to work ?

I was moved around the building many times during a shift . Could that be your issue ?

Good grief , were you also late to punch out ?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
When I opened this thread and saw it was 12 years old, I knew it was lucky. Skip to last page, scroll scroll scroll…. THERE HE IS!!

Lucky747

I hope so