Stock steady above $100, will it split?

rod

Retired 22 years
The market will do what the 1%'ers want it to. There isn't a resident "expert" or anyone else on BC who is knowledgeable enough or has the inside info to predict what the market will do..... (back in 2008 a blind monkey throwing darts at a target of could have made money in the market).......... For the rest of the 99% it's basically one big crap shoot. As muck as I trust my "money guy" I don't believe for one second that he has all the answers. So far he has not led me astray but I still believe "luck" in what you are invested in has a lot to do with it. I myself believe the bubble is going to burst again. I hope I'm wrong.

Returntosender

[quote"UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1359546, member: 12570"]I'm thinking $20K for the car and $6K for the taxes on the withdrawal from my 401k so roughly $25-30K. This means the stock has to go up $50-60/share in the next 5 years, which is a pretty tall order.

Resident know-it-all.[/quote]
Maybe you got three years. Jobs idea product line will be over by than. Any new products after three years will be a Cook idea. Maybe Cook might have good products in the pipeline. APPLE wearable technology products have to be spectacular to compete with Google glasses.

What a difference a week makes. Last week my weekly baidu puts eroded/decayed quickly. This week they are flying high.

purplesky

What is your sell price?

Apple is a buy and hold. He should really build his position in solid buy/hold companies like Apple or a UPS or Coke or ATT when the market has a real correction or pullback.

Its all about dividends when you get this close to retirement.

purplesky

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2014/03/26/why-i-still-wouldnt-buy-apple/

The Apple bulls tell us about the great “eco-system” of Apple. In other words, the millions of people who are locked into this ‘gulag’ because it is not compatible with other brands. Well, Sony Sony had that with Betamax, Wang had it with word processors, Digital Equipment had it with corporate computers. The last two I mentioned went out of business, and Betamax died although the technology was superior to VHS. The corporate graveyard is full of such companies.

Sony used to be the top brand in electronics. But then it always delivered products with fewer features at a much higher price. The company thought it could get away with that because it was “Sony.” Isn’t that what Apple is doing? Now Sony is just another brand, having trouble making a profit. The eco-system faded.

I made my escape from the “Apple Gulag” 18 months ago. People are fleeing the eco-system in droves. Just look at the numbers. At one time, Apple had a monopoly on smartphones. No longer. Eco-systems can die easily when alternatives come out.

Apple has so much cash on hand that they can buy their way into other areas. Merge and acquire.

Yes technology will change but companies Apple and Google will use their tens of Billions(cash on hand) to buy any company they want and survive and grow.

Returntosender

Apple has so much cash on hand that they can buy their way into other areas. Merge and acquire.

Yes technology will change but companies Apple and Google will use their tens of Billions(cash on hand) to buy any company they want and survive and grow.
They just bought Beats headphones mediocre headphones. When Beats was under Dr. Dre, Dre great marketing idea. Give free heads phones to professional athletes and let them become walking advertisement.

Cash Abroad Rises $206 Billion as Apple to IBM Avoid Tax
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...es-206-billion-as-apple-to-ibm-avoid-tax.html

purplesky

brown metal coffin

I watch fedex almost every day and the reason why it is as high as it is and what started it was Bill Ackman. When he implied that he was going to be buying the stock and putting it in his fund; it took off like a rocket. Only he never did put it in his fund but the price didn't rescind. Then after the awful christmas earnings which were so low and easy to beat; Fed Ex crushed it in that 2nd quarter. It seems that whenever the transport index is up they are always up and what ever UPS is doing that day they are double, but seems to be the pattern on the losses as well.

http://www.ibtimes.com/bill-ackman-really-wont-want-fedex-fdx-now-1407610

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...peculation-bill-ackman-may-acquire-stake.html