Storming the Capitol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Seems pretty pointless. If it works you're already dead and if it doesn't you've probably already punished yourself enough.

That last Wednesday was "a direct assault on the US Congress, the Capitol building, and our Constitutional process"?

That last Wednesday was "violence, sedition and insurrection"?

That last Wednesday was an "act to disrupt the Constitutional process"?

Clearly.

If that's what it was, it was the weakest attempt at insurrection in the history of government overthrows.

vantexan

Ya don't say?! Republican members of Congress peddling conspiracy theories on top of the mountain of election conspiracy theories already out there. Thought the day would never come!
Didn't Pelosi say the election got hijacked in 2017? Hillary for the last four years has been saying the election got stolen and Trump knows he isn't a legitimate president. Have seen her say it. Can't imagine why so many Republicans are angry about how they and the president have been treated since 2016.

Box Ox

Didn't Pelosi say the election got hijacked in 2017? Hillary for the last four years has been saying the election got stolen and Trump knows he isn't a legitimate president. Have seen her say it. Can't imagine why so many Republicans are angry about how they and the president have been treated since 2016.
Hillary conceded like the day after the election and there was a smooth transition of power from Obama to Trump? No insurrections?

vantexan

There wasn't?
Not if you include what was going on behind the scenes. You know, a dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign that was unverified, used as the basis for four FISA warrants to spy on Trump's campaign and transition team. Said dossier now being disowned by those who used it, saying if they had known then what they know now they wouldn't have used it. Just another reason why Trump supporters are angry. Imagine the charges of racism if it had been found the Bush administration had done the same in late 2008 early 2009? Then again the Obama administration went after conservative reporters so not surprising what they were willing to do.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Not if you include what was going on behind the scenes. You know, a dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign that was unverified, used as the basis for four FISA warrants to spy on Trump's campaign and transition team. Said dossier now being disowned by those who used it, saying if they had known then what they know now they wouldn't have used it. Just another reason why Trump supporters are angry. Imagine the charges of racism if it had been found the Bush administration had done the same in late 2008 early 2009? Then again the Obama administration went after conservative reporters so not surprising what they were willing to do.

Is insurrection by fraud better or worse than by force?

Box Ox

Not if you include what was going on behind the scenes.
The transition period between Trump's election and inauguration was as rough as the transition period between Biden's election and inauguration because of behind the scenes stuff? Obama contested the legitimacy of the election and wasn't right there attending Trump's inauguration or welcoming him to the White House?

Keep believing, I guess? "Stop the steal"?

vantexan

The transition period between Trump's election and inauguration was as rough as the transition period between Biden's election and inauguration because of behind the scenes stuff? Obama contested the legitimacy of the election and wasn't right there attending Trump's inauguration or welcoming him to the White House?

Do you consider Cruz and Hawley asking for a 10 day audit to be beyond the pale? And pretty insidious that a sitting president would order the spying on an incoming administration. The Capitol Building invasion was a horrendous thing. But attempting to bring down a presidency behind the scenes, a silent coup, is unparalleled in American history too.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Should probably be judged by how successful they are.

Democrats orchestrated the most corrupt transition of power in our nation's history and almost overthrew a duly elected President with those actions.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would suggest that the rioters at the Capitol building were close to overthrowing the government.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Not the fraud I was talking about. Although I guess it was all tied together, though.

Box Ox

Do you consider Cruz and Hawley asking for a 10 day audit to be beyond the pale?
Yes. And Trumpees would never have accepted any finding other than "Actually, Trump DID win the 2020 election" anyway. He is the eternal God Emperor. The auditors would have been "in on it" and the narrative that Trump was robbed would forever persist. It has to remain the narrative for Trumpees.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Should probably be judged by how successful they are.

Democrats orchestrated the most corrupt transition of power in our nation's history and almost overthrew a duly elected President with those actions.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would suggest that the rioters at the Capitol building were close to overthrowing the government.

I think some senators might have peed their pants a little.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yes. And Trumpees would never have accepted any finding other than "Actually, Trump DID win the 2020 election" anyway. He is the eternal God Emperor. The auditors would have been "in on it" and the narrative that Trump was robbed would forever persist. It has to remain the narrative for Trumpees.

That may be. But refusing the audits, and the law suits, only makes people who aren't die hard Trumpees doubt the integrity of the election. There is no legitimate reason to not have heard the cases or done all the audits requested.

vantexan

What are you afraid of the audit finding? If there was no fraud then all is well in Orwellianville.