Strike 2023

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"We aren't going to be afraid to strike," said Sean M. O'Brien, Teamsters General President.

UPSers need to Take heed, and be prepared, put your money in savings. Calculate your $1.82 raise on your paycheck. and put it in savings for a year, if you have not started already.
Walk around back to sneak in to work. You got that new truck and phone payments to make. Got no time for no paychecks comin' in.

1000_F_152726131_BI9PuaP1VE3dXDXCPVO5lg1SfFxDTXNU.jpg

Staydryitsraining

Things are never going to be ideal. Does that mean strike? Not today. How can it possibly be justified when we make 50-100% more than our counterparts over at FedEx, Amazon, and Post Office? It would be like the WNBA striking because they don't make what the NBA makes.

I understand people are mostly talking about other issues rather than compensation. And yes, things need to be addressed. If we want to threaten a strike for leverage, fine. But everyone knows we can't actually strike under these conditions.

At UPS, some things will never change. It will never be a 40 hour job. We'll never have AC in the trucks. It'll always be tough, physical work. Don't like it? Every building has an exit.
Who the :censored2: is this guy?

kforte36

If they gave us a Time worked option for a six-punch and gave people four or five hour dispatch on a Saturday I think many guys would be willing to come in and do that.
Or they could wait to have some of the work go out on Monday buy they are being too cheap to do that and don't want to pay the overtime on Mondays. Drivers are going out with less than 100 stops on Mondays.

We are seeing some $500 to $600 weekly 9.5 grievances. I know grievances are paid out of a different pocket, but it shows on a balance sheet eventually.
Yes it sounds like a lot of money but your pension contributions is probably over 500 or $600 a week, that includes a price of paying health care for another driver and all the pay time off and all the other costs associated.
August 1st those frequences are going to get more expensive with that dollar 82 hour we're going to be making.

This is a great calculation. Thank you for sharing this. I agree. More drivers should take this seriously. We have more power than we probably realize. If all drivers across the county went on strike it would send a message to corporate. What are they going to fire the whole company... no.
Especially now the 2/3 rule is gone and strike pay is payable on day one.

At the rate that gasoline is going up how many PVD drivers do you think they can get?