Strike authorization vote for 705

705red

Browncafe Steward
Im just saying the strike couldnt last forever, either youd; well freeze and youd give in or UPS will give in... im pretty sure UPS has enough in the cofffers to outlast you; i could be wrong but always rememer

Big Brown always delivers!
Cough, cough, cough, 97, cough.

New Englander

Sorry you feel you're posting gibberish. My memory is not what it used to be perhaps you could show me where I used the word "one sided gibberish" or is this one of those essentially things again?

Union Propaganda - One Sided Gibberish

Easy enough for you?

You do the exact same.

Mike Hawk

Im just saying the strike couldnt last forever, either youd; well freeze and youd give in or UPS will give in... im pretty sure UPS has enough in the cofffers to outlast you; i could be wrong but always rememer

How can big brown deliver with nobody to run CACH or deliver to Chicago? Oh thats right supes can do it, lol.

bellesotico

BOXstar
Reaction? Im being nice on here out of respect for cheryl and other cafers. Little pt sups dont upset me and usually i just refuse to deal with them. Thanks for shedding your very important views of your knowledge of chicago. Hopefully you can make some time to spend here in early august.

pt sups? What are those again? Wait...those are the little noise makers running up and down the belts getting in my way...

bellesotico

BOXstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewed

Well thank you so much Johnny Raincloud. Nice outlook.

Not without a contract. Period.

Cough, cough, cough, 97, cough.

Gut it out 705! Good for you. I voted no on the national..I just think that it's a bad deal for part-timers.

U(s)PS Guy

Why not let ups freight steal all of our business and do the work for less than what we get paid? that sounds like good job protection. Anyone remember in 82 when the ptime wage was cut down? Ups started to get rid of the higher paid ptimers and used the cheaper labor.

oh man, can't you guys just picture a tractor-trailer driving down those small suburban streets? I imagine those culdesacs would be a hell of a time

this is not at all what drewed was saying. it's amazing what you pulled from that. I work for SCS, and in the winter we get a bunch of people ordering wood chippers. should we be sending these things your way and letting you hand deliver a 200lb+ package?

drewed

Shankman
oh man, can't you guys just picture a tractor-trailer driving down those small suburban streets? I imagine those culdesacs would be a hell of a time

this is not at all what drewed was saying. it's amazing what you pulled from that. I work for SCS, and in the winter we get a bunch of people ordering wood chippers. should we be sending these things your way and letting you hand deliver a 200lb+ package?

thats the exact point! let them do it!

705red

Browncafe Steward

Now ups freight only has semis? Your missing the point ask any freight driver and they will tell you that they are not delivering just skids or oversize packages. I have seen freight delivering packages that i would have no problem delivering.

I have read some of your other posts were it stated you voted against joining the teamsters. You should sign and sign quick, your work could be done by freight and then what happens to you without any contract protection?

We deliver upto 150 lbs so no we dont want woodchippers.

I have a non/union scs/csi driver and a pt sup attempting to debate whats package car work when neither one of you have a clue on the job!

Must have stayed at a holiday inn last night, tomorrow will you two attempt open heart surgery?

U(s)PS Guy

Now ups freight only has semis? Your missing the point ask any freight driver and they will tell you that they are not delivering just skids or oversize packages. I have seen freight delivering packages that i would have no problem delivering.

I have read some of your other posts were it stated you voted against joining the teamsters. You should sign and sign quick, your work could be done by freight and then what happens to you without any contract protection?

I have a non/union scs/csi driver and a pt sup attempting to debate whats package car work when neither one of you have a clue on the job!

Must have stayed at a holiday inn last night, tomorrow will you two attempt open heart surgery?

actually to answer your union comment - last year I voted against the contract because all part time employees would have been FIRED. this was in the union contract, I :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: you not. so much for contract protection when the contract says you're outta here? however this year I'll actually get to keep my job. we are technically union, they have all the signatures. Now it's in the final stages of figuring out our local agreement and we'll have our conversion meeting. So as you can tell, based off my initial interaction with the teamsters, I have been wary of anything they tell me.

Well I guess I was wrong when I thought that Freight only had tractor-trailers...but I would not be wrong in assuming that since that is ALL I ever see on the road. If they have smaller trucks out there, they must be pretty rare. Do you honestly believe that these straight/box trucks would just swoop in and take over your routes? Hell I know we get a bunch of little 5 pound boxes coming through my building daily. But they are always connected with much larger things. I guess these companies should split up their orders so that the bigger thing go through SCS/Freight and the rest of the little ones through Brown. I imagine they'll enjoy waiting for one or the other driver to show up with their product instead of keeping them together and playing it smart.

atatbl

I imagine they'll enjoy waiting for one or the other driver to show up with their product instead of keeping them together and playing it smart.

That part made me laugh.

Actually, I had really never thought about that aspect. Do a majority of your deliveries have small counterpart boxes with them?

U(s)PS Guy

not always, but we do have companies who send all their freight through us. so when they have a smaller package, instead of switching to Brown, they just send it through us again since that's how they always do it. we'll get a shipment that may be 25 small boxes...but each box is 25lbs or so each. there are quite a few times where larger boxes will have tiny companion boxes, or just letters.

drewed

Shankman

yea im sure scs, freight, and cartage are gonna take away your job all combined they may have what 3000 vehicles of varying size? and there is what 15000 package cars? this isnt FDX we arent going to have our serparate services compete for a customer, we fulfill a need whatever it is

705red

Browncafe Steward
yea im sure scs, freight, and cartage are gonna take away your job all combined they may have what 3000 vehicles of varying size? and there is what 15000 package cars? this isnt FDX we arent going to have our serparate services compete for a customer, we fulfill a need whatever it is

When you have no idea what you are taking about it discredits you, ups has a fleet of over 65,000 package cars, and our reps do sell diiferent services to our customer. If you were a driver you would know that.

U(s)PS Guy

When you have no idea what you are taking about it discredits you, ups has a fleet of over 65,000 package cars, and our reps do sell diiferent services to our customer. If you were a driver you would know that.

ohhh okay, so those 3,000 other vehicles will be doing the duty of 65,000. that makes sense

705red

Browncafe Steward
ohhh okay, so those 3,000 other vehicles will be doing the duty of 65,000. that makes sense

I spoke on how many trrucks ups had because i know what im talking about. I do not know how many trucks ups freight has, so i could not talk about their fleet. Some of us only try to talk about what we know while others think they know it all. So do you know that freight has only 3000 trucks or are you it know it all?

705red

Browncafe Steward
not always, but we do have companies who send all their freight through us. so when they have a smaller package, instead of switching to Brown, they just send it through us again since that's how they always do it. we'll get a shipment that may be 25 small boxes...but each box is 25lbs or so each. there are quite a few times where larger boxes will have tiny companion boxes, or just letters.

I agree if its a multiple shipment and one box is strapped to a skid like a woodchipper you should deliver that whole shipment. I was talking about just delivering a single box that we ups drivers could deliver. That i have a problem with.

Im also glad to hear that you stood against a bad contract that would have lost jobs for you guys. We need more people that will stand up for the right thing. That i applaud!