Strike authorization vote for 705

New Englander

Guys...I know its not the right thing to do. I was just curious if other then a mob hit. If there were any penalties from the Union for doing so.

N.E. have you been drinking or maybe smoking some herbage? You seem to be a tick slow on the comprehension skills tonight.

Actually I believe the new penalty for crossing the line is to be held down and be given a "hot carl".

drewed

Shankman
ok, question asked a 1000x times but no answer, why doesnt the 705 and 710 come under the NMA; and have a supplement? if they came under the NMA and had a supplemennt they could have the backing of the National and still get some of the extra they want, sort of the have my cake and eat it too. instead of having seperate contract (coming off youre better than the nationa) no support from the National and having to fight the company, a no cake starve to death situation

705red

Browncafe Steward
ok, question asked a 1000x times but no answer, why doesnt the 705 and 710 come under the NMA; and have a supplement? if they came under the NMA and had a supplemennt they could have the backing of the National and still get some of the extra they want, sort of the have my cake and eat it too. instead of having seperate contract (coming off youre better than the nationa) no support from the National and having to fight the company, a no cake starve to death situation

The way our union is being run in 705 compared to the horror stories i hear across the country for lack of represention, no contract enforcement, cases being traded away like baseball cards. No thanks I personally will pass, I have worked hard here as have many to make this local stronger. Whats in it for us right now? The national contract is crap, what improvements would we receive? Show me whats your selling point right now to hop onto the national bandwagon. Theres no cake in that national offer that was excepted.

How come its a part time sup asking this question? Why does it bother you so much when your not even union? Transfer to chicago so you can stop doing union work. Or are you a 705 management troll sent on here to stir up the pot? Why do you want us under the national? Is it because since you are in management you know its crap?

Who says we dont have support from the national? What kind of inside info do you have? A sort chart? Pas labels? Talking forever bags?

drewed

Shankman
The way our union is being run in 705 compared to the horror stories i hear across the country for lack of represention, no contract enforcement, cases being traded away like baseball cards. No thanks I personally will pass, I have worked hard here as have many to make this local stronger. Whats in it for us right now? The national contract is crap, what improvements would we receive? Show me whats your selling point right now to hop onto the national bandwagon. Theres no cake in that national offer that was excepted.

How come its a part time sup asking this question? Why does it bother you so much when your not even union? Transfer to chicago so you can stop doing union work. Or are you a 705 management troll sent on here to stir up the pot? Why do you want us under the national? Is it because since you are in management you know its crap?

Who says we dont have support from the national? What kind of inside info do you have? A sort chart? Pas labels? Talking forever bags?

WOW, I asked a simple question and all I got kool-aid filled psychobabble.
You could have a strong local under a weak national. Me as a pt sup am slightly curious of the union world, i did not participate when I was union, and our local up here is fairly quiet. I never said the national is great, on either side, it is what it is. the only reason i want you to be under the national at this point because you been asked numerous times and not a single answer to why youre not!

From what Ive heard from union members up here and from posts on here, you dont have the support of the national you may have isolated pockets of support but by and large you dont.

705red

Browncafe Steward
WOW, I asked a simple question and all I got kool-aid filled psychobabble.
You could have a strong local under a weak national. Me as a pt sup am slightly curious of the union world, i did not participate when I was union, and our local up here is fairly quiet. I never said the national is great, on either side, it is what it is. the only reason i want you to be under the national at this point because you been asked numerous times and not a single answer to why youre not!

From what Ive heard from union members up here and from posts on here, you dont have the support of the national you may have isolated pockets of support but by and large you dont.

So you have talked to some union people in your area and your conclusion on this is we dont have support by and large. How big is your area to be able to make a statement like that?

Can you please point out to me were I asked for national support or were I said we will depend on national support to accomplish what we need to here.

Deep down inside alot of upsers they are feed up! As you can see by reading on this site there is not to many happy upsers. People might not agree that we need/have to strike, but the majority are pulling for us to do what they couldnt. That is stand up to the evil brown empire for what is right.

drewed

Shankman
So you have talked to some union people in your area and your conclusion on this is we dont have support by and large. How big is your area to be able to make a statement like that?

Can you please point out to me were I asked for national support or were I said we will depend on national support to accomplish what we need to here.

Deep down inside alot of upsers they are feed up! As you can see by reading on this site there is not to many happy upsers. People might not agree that we need/have to strike, but the majority are pulling for us to do what they couldnt. That is stand up to the evil brown empire for what is right.

Still avoiding the question? Fine Ill tell you the answer, youre on a high horse, you think youre better than the rest of the country.

I was stating a fact of my observation, most people dont care about the 705 and their "struggle".

Well its a free country, your not forced to work at UPS if you dont like it move on. OH WOW THE EVIL BROWN EMPIRE???????????? ive heard some amazingly ignorant things but WOW if UPS is so evil why do you work for them? :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ing ridiculous i swear

L

Load Stand

I must tell you, I am not near Chicago, and this is this first I paid attention to this...simply amazing to me and my fellow UPSers where I am from, that any local(s) would be stupid enough to try and strike right now...

Go ahead, try it..I gaurantee you will lose in the long run...and the entire company and other Teamsters will lose as well..

Gonna break heads if lines are crossed huh? This is not the 1930's..go ahead and try stunts like that these days and see what happens to you when criminal charges are filed...see yourself paying fines, defense lawyers, ruining your credit, losing your job, etc....just because you don't like how things are running in your area...

People are hurting everywhere and you decide and strike for such petty reasons...

I would think there is no time like the present for the company to take a stand with you. It would be viewed as an opportunity to clean some house and settle some scores, while their competition is busy dealing with their own problems (lawsuits, fuel) and when there is less expectation to make profits...

Go ahead Chicago, be greedy, I dare you...you go ahead and affect the rest of UPS, and you will forever shoot yourself in the long run! And for what, your neandrethal pride? Get a life and worry about more important things than your greed, pride and visions of old union glory! Your focus should be on unionizing the competition - now doesn't that make more sense - if you want more from your company, to help the company by using you organization for such, instead of biting the hand that feeds you. You work hard and are compensated appropriately. Step back and think how good you really have it in terms of what other family and friends have, with similar educational backgrounds. Almost all UPSers I know are admired for the security and compensation they recieve at UPS.

Go ahead Chicago, be greedy, I dare you. You will see you will not get support that you will need to sustain a fight, from your fellow UPSers nationwide, the public and the customers.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
If they come here into chicago with the intent of crossing our picket line, i will go into my trunk with the intent to get out my baseball bat!

You never cross any strike line any!, we had people fined here in chicago in 97 and are no longer part of the union for doing so!

Which i had no problem reminding everyone about this week.
I am greatly disappointed in you 705red... using this forum to make threats of violence is absolutely not acceptable.

tieguy

Banned

Your statement seems to indicate that you folks do think your special and that you're too good for the national contract. Which again presents the question why should the rest of the country support you.

tieguy

Banned
Plain and simple UPS would not run well without CACH. They process about 10% or more of our total ground volume (if I remember correctly). They have other hubs that serve as major distribution areas out that way, such as Addison and Palatine however I doubt they could take on the volume from CACH and process it well. Could we survive? yes I'm sure we could somehow, would it be pretty? absolutely not and would likely result in subpar service.

Don't overstate the importance of the CACH hub. Its a consolidation hub. If it shuts down UPS builds more direct loads from the origin buildings. We've been in business over 100 years with most of that time being without the CACH hub. The direct loads would improve time in transit performance but result in more damages due to the extra handles on the packages.

The biggest issues would be the transfer of rail loads in chicago and the delivery and pickup of packages to a top three city.

tourists24

I must tell you, I am not near Chicago, and this is this first I paid attention to this...simply amazing to me and my fellow UPSers where I am from, that any local(s) would be stupid enough to try and strike right now...

Go ahead, try it..I gaurantee you will lose in the long run...and the entire company and other Teamsters will lose as well..

Gonna break heads if lines are crossed huh? This is not the 1930's..go ahead and try stunts like that these days and see what happens to you when criminal charges are filed...see yourself paying fines, defense lawyers, ruining your credit, losing your job, etc....just because you don't like how things are running in your area...

People are hurting everywhere and you decide and strike for such petty reasons...

I would think there is no time like the present for the company to take a stand with you. It would be viewed as an opportunity to clean some house and settle some scores, while their competition is busy dealing with their own problems (lawsuits, fuel) and when there is less expectation to make profits...

Go ahead Chicago, be greedy, I dare you...you go ahead and affect the rest of UPS, and you will forever shoot yourself in the long run! And for what, your neandrethal pride? Get a life and worry about more important things than your greed, pride and visions of old union glory! Your focus should be on unionizing the competition - now doesn't that make more sense - if you want more from your company, to help the company by using you organization for such, instead of biting the hand that feeds you. You work hard and are compensated appropriately. Step back and think how good you really have it in terms of what other family and friends have, with similar educational backgrounds. Almost all UPSers I know are admired for the security and compensation they recieve at UPS.

Go ahead Chicago, be greedy, I dare you. You will see you will not get support that you will need to sustain a fight, from your fellow UPSers nationwide, the public and the customers.

Strong words from an anonymous troll.... get registered and get a name

705red

Browncafe Steward

If its your first time reading this thread than maybe you should have taken some time to research a little. You would see what we are fighting for here is alot more than petty issues and we are getting nowhere in talks.

If businees goes away that sucks but maybe atlanta can send someone down here to get this resolved or face more lost business for sitting on their hands.

Our vote happens tommorrow, theres no turning back.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Your statement seems to indicate that you folks do think your special and that you're too good for the national contract. Which again presents the question why should the rest of the country support you.
My statement was a question? I was asked why dont we come running to the national agreement. I was looking for some selling points.

Tie you are a good used car sales man, sell us why we should now merge.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Don't overstate the importance of the CACH hub. Its a consolidation hub. If it shuts down UPS builds more direct loads from the origin buildings. We've been in business over 100 years with most of that time being without the CACH hub. The direct loads would improve time in transit performance but result in more damages due to the extra handles on the packages.

The biggest issues would be the transfer of rail loads in chicago and the delivery and pickup of packages to a top three city.

Just look to see how profitable ups was without it and how much they are profiting since its opening. You were not profiting 4 billion a year in the early 90s.

tieguy

Banned
Just look to see how profitable ups was without it and how much they are profiting since its opening. You were not profiting 4 billion a year in the early 90s.

I don't want to diminish the contributions of the many hard working chicago upsers we have but chicago is not the reason. Domestic volume has basically stagnated. Our profit growth is coming from the international market not domestic.