Strike in August, what say you?

F

Frankie's Friend

Traditionally FDX stock has always been cheaper. But today UPS and FDX are trading at par. Both with a PE of 19.7.

*UPS with 872 mil outstanding shares
FDX with only 267 mil outstanding shares.
You say fedex's stock traditionally has been cheaper???

F

Frankie's Friend

Traditionally FDX stock has always been cheaper. But today UPS and FDX are trading at par. Both with a PE of 19.7.

*UPS with 872 mil outstanding shares
FDX with only 267 mil outstanding shares.
20180401_095905.jpg

20180401_095922.jpg

2008 ups was $30 ...average of $45.
2008 fdx was $100
Ok.

F

Frankie's Friend

YES, if UPS only had 267 million shares, the price would be about $340 a share. Ups would be at the same valuation. Would still be st a 19.7 PE.
So you are saying ups stock is worth more?

So you are saying ups stock is worth more?
Think of ups and fdx As a piece of licorice. Both pieces (as a whole) are worth $10. (Both are valued at 19.7 times earnings)

Cut fdx into 4 pieces...each one is now worth $2.50

Cut ups into 13 pieces...each one is worth $.77.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The PCM the day after FedX stock was worth more than UPS, the center manager had a few things to say. One of which was, ''Why do you think this has happened?''
To which I replied, ''Years and years of poor management."
We had it all, just like Bogie and Bacall.
If the show would have been ran right, there would have been no RPS, FedX, or DHL.
Greed got us competition. Wonder what it will do to the future?

The PCM the day after FedX stock was worth more than UPS, the center manager had a few things to say. One of which was, ''Why do you think this has happened?''
If the show would have been ran right, there would have been no RPS, FedX, or DHL.
As of today fdx is cheaper than ups Ups valued @ 20.17 forward earnings. Fdx is only @ 19.78 forward earnings.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
These guys were watching these stock prices and even had the stock price up in the offices from the day before... remember them calling each other gloating about it....many of these newer Mgt folks will never experience this...

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Think of ups and fdx As a piece of licorice. Both pieces (as a whole) are worth $10. (Both are valued at 19.7 times earnings)

Cut fdx into 4 pieces...each one is now worth $2.50

Cut ups into 13 pieces...each one is worth $.77.

Now take a bite of the licorice.
The 4 pieces of fedx taste good.
The 13 pieces of ups gives you the :censored2:s.

Dumbo

No way in Hell can someone off the street do anything close to what we do .

Hope they all have DOT cards and know the DOK

Do you mean as in hired off the street? I was hired off the street last year coming from a completely different line of work. It's not about ability to do the job. It's about grit. It's not a hard job to learn. It just takes a lot of physical and mental fortitude and a willingness to put in the hours and the headaches. Many people today are soft and that's what makes it a hard job. Now when it comes to hiring scab drivers? Good luck with keeping them when they see a blown out truck with irregs and 240 stops and no climate control. Half of our new hire drivers quit within the first couple weeks.

Do you mean as in hired off the street? I was hired off the street last year coming from a completely different line of work. It's not about ability to do the job. It's about grit. It's not a hard job to learn. It just takes a lot of physical and mental fortitude and a willingness to put in the hours and the headaches. Many people today are soft and that's what makes it a hard job. Now when it comes to hiring scab drivers? Good luck with keeping them when they see a blown out truck with irregs and 240 stops and no climate control. Half of our new hire drivers quit within the first couple weeks.
I was talking about scabs.