Strike will definitely happen

Johney

Not a chance mother :censored2:er
41AFA85C-9829-4177-83D7-C136B46555E9.gif

I know if I was UPS I will do everything in my power to cause a strike. I have to keep my employees at the lowest pay possible even if it's going to cost me millions momentarily with a strike. As long as the employee believe they are getting a great deal is what matters. For example, a 5 to 10 dollar increase, instead of a 10 to 20 dollar increase, I just saved the company billions in the long run. Only way to see the lower limit a strike is a must, if not UPS losses in the long run without a strike.

tumblr_mniwicfD561qafp3fo1_500.gif

Whereistheunion

I know if I was UPS I will do everything in my power to cause a strike. I have to keep my employees at the lowest pay possible even if it's going to cost me millions momentarily with a strike. As long as the employee believe they are getting a great deal is what matters. For example, a 5 to 10 dollar increase, instead of a 10 to 20 dollar increase, I just saved the company billions in the long run. Only way to see the lower limit a strike is a must, if not UPS losses in the long run without a strike.
I support a strike if necessary, but your idea of WIN the battle lose the WAR makes no sense. This company will not look the same after we strike, and UPS does not want a strike.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The whole thing could end with a whimper just on the assumption that most everything getting negotiated this time around is just a refresh of the 2013-2018 contract premise.

textat3

UPS has always jumped over a dollar to save a penny. They take back the $2 area rate adjustment, preloaders quit…..then they bring drivers in at $62/hr to work preload at 5AM. I can’t make this stuff up.

Brownwind

UPS has always jumped over a dollar to save a penny. They take back the $2 area rate adjustment, preloaders quit…..then they bring drivers in at $62/hr to work preload at 5AM. I can’t make this stuff up.
Paid for my taxes and the outdoor atvs. A buck a minute…. He haw. Beverage time

Superteeth2478

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not a complete maroon. What you mentioned, analyzing the situation simplistically, is correct. But it isn't that simple when you have Amazon, FedEx, and the USPS taking a larger share of the market than they did in 1997. That's what makes a strike an endgame for UPS. They'll never recover to their former glory to make those billions in the long run that they would lose by paying their workers more.