Strike will definitely happen

K20A

They don’t want a strike. A lot of business will be lost….
We’re already losing a lot of business, or at least a lot of companies are transitioning more of their volume to FedEx/USPS. I haven’t had to message in for help lately, I can fit all my pickups now.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
We’re already losing a lot of business, or at least a lot of companies are transitioning more of their volume to FedEx/USPS. I haven’t had to message in for help lately, I can fit all my pickups now.
Yeah but we still don’t want a strike. Wouldn’t be a good thing.

Raw

Raw Member
For all you scardy cats out there, being in the teamsters is a legal contract and you must follow the teamster instructions. I wouldn`t want to be one of the scabs if I were you. In the 1997 ten day strike, the total amount of money earned by the very few scabs was the fine imposed to be payed when the strike was over.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
For all you scardy cats out there, being in the teamsters is a legal contract and you must follow the teamster instructions. I wouldn`t want to be one of the scabs if I were you. In the 1997 ten day strike, the total amount of money earned by the very few scabs was the fine imposed to be payed when the strike was over.
I’m not even bothering on telling the pusillanimous who cover for management. Let them find out on their own for making a stupid ass decision. Always want to complain about getting paid :censored2:, but yet don’t want to fight for it. No free rides.

PPH_over_9000

Could you explain this a little more? I'm not thinking of scabbing, this just piqued my curiosity.

So say a scab made an even $1000 during the '97 strike. Once the dust settled and the smoke cleared, were they forced to pay a $1000 fine or was the onus on UPS, implying that UPS had to pay an even grand for each scab worked during the strike?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Could you explain this a little more? I'm not thinking of scabbing, this just piqued my curiosity.

So say a scab made an even $1000 during the '97 strike. Once the dust settled and the smoke cleared, were they forced to pay a $1000 fine or was the onus on UPS, implying that UPS had to pay an even grand for each scab worked during the strike?
The union fined the members

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
As it should be, but damn! If I hear any talk about people crossing picket lines in my building I'll make sure to remind them of recent history.

Thanks bud
IMG_1368.jpeg

I am not letting them know. I am keeping it ambiguous as to what will happen, teehee. Let me hear “I am cool with my supervisor” one more time and I’ll snap, lol.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
As it should be, but damn! If I hear any talk about people crossing picket lines in my building I'll make sure to remind them of recent history.

Thanks bud

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It is not only a Teamster phenomenon…The whole world is living in fear.
Debt world.
I think we found out locally, like a demographic funnel, that the independent "work from home" type workers are most likely to have massive monthly payment obligations and will run through a strike line to pay the bills in a heartbeat. It's far less common among the actual low-wage tiers and drivers because they have a better understanding I suppose of managing money and where it comes from.

Debt world.
I think we found out locally, like a demographic funnel, that the independent "work from home" type workers are most likely to have massive monthly payment obligations and will run through a strike line to pay the bills in a heartbeat. It's far less common among the actual low-wage tiers and drivers because they have a better understanding I suppose of managing money and where it comes from.
Until they realize they actually have to work

Maybe they would show up for a day or two