Strike will definitely happen

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I find it hard to believe Teamsters are asking to quit the union ahead of a possible strike.
I'm just not buying it.

I read the article also.. try to find a date, I didn’t see one listed…Could have written in “97”, during the strike.

HarryWarden

Debt world.
I think we found out locally, like a demographic funnel, that the independent "work from home" type workers are most likely to have massive monthly payment obligations and will run through a strike line to pay the bills in a heartbeat. It's far less common among the actual low-wage tiers and drivers because they have a better understanding I suppose of managing money and where it comes from.
My man, 60% of America is living paycheck to paycheck. More people than ever are in debt. It’s not a coincidence that once credit cards were introduced, wages stopped rising while cost of living increased

ThePackageDeli

Is there legal grounds for UPS to hire replacements during the strike, and then offer us our jobs back under the condition we voluntarily leave the union? Would it be illegal for UPS to do something like that?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Either way, come August first if they do not come with the paper I will be coming with a picket sign!
@BadIdeaGuy

Zowert

the northern aggression where the south instigated and shot first so that a tiny upper class could own (and breed with) africans while everyone else ate :censored2:
Southern States formed their own union and decided to leave the United States. The North responded by declaring war. Just saying. Politics aside that is how it went down.

Pullman Brown

Southern States formed their own union and decided to leave the United States. The North responded by declaring war. Just saying. Politics aside that is how it went down.

The founders and that generation clearly understood they could do that or they would have never come together.

Zowert

The founders and that generation clearly understood they could do that or they would have never come together.
Correct. People often think the Confederacy’s leadership was a bunch of inept morons but that simply wasn’t the case. The ‘rebels’ knew exactly what what they were doing and had a decent plan but they were highly outnumbered and lacked a formidable Navy. Union blockade of the southern states is what eventually won the US civil war. I’m not an advocate of slavery here. Unfortunately most educators make the civil war to be solely about slavery in USA, which isn’t the case. There were many factors, both social and economic that led to the American Civil War. Back then cotton was the oil of its day. The North couldn’t afford to lose much of its industrial might in the south. So they chose war to keep the union together.