STRIKE!

Integrity

Binge Poster
So what was your premise in the beginning? I have to agree with others that they were a bit creepy.
Not sure what you mean creepy.

The idea was to find out how this new language/job is directly affecting individuals who are very vocally against it here on the BC.

Only 2 so far, I think 2, have answered and both have admitted that it won't directly affect them.

If individuals don't start sharing how this is going to directly impact them then I believe many comments against the language/job is going to be viewed as anti-union comments by malcontents.

In my experience with the Union, it has always be recognized that there is a certain percentage of people who are dysfunctional, malcontents who you just can't make happy. Discussions were never geared at those.

I see the point, why try to please those who you could never please.

For those who didn't answer:

How will this new language/job directly affect you?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Brother.....did someone hijack your account?

Nope.

Just trying to inject some reality in to the conversation.

Hiring more drivers is great, but I sit here wondering how you can condone and accept the company paying other drivers less....it should be an absolute no go.

I still haven't given a yes or no recommendation yet. I want to see the supplements.

People should realize, there are already 4 different full-time wage classifications....

I for one don't want all the OT or weekend work myself and feel for the new guys that would get it handed to them.

As I have pointed out several times, no-one is being forced to bid the job.

But, there will be people that do.

Having said that, weekend duty would go to the new/lower senior guys and when they work up the totem pole then they'd get Monday-Friday and a new younger crop would assume that role over time.....and so on.

BUT.....we should NEVER allow the company to pay them LESS than us. If anything and especially on Sunday they should be paid an EXTRA PREMIUM.

In the Central Region, we have had Tues-Sat language for 40 years and also have Sun-Thurs.

They aren't paid at a premium unless you would work a 6th or 7th punch.

My personal feeling is.... there aren't going to be as many 22.4 jobs as people think.

-Bug-

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
1. Seniority should prevail when OT is worked. A decent supplement should cover this protection.
2. Crystal Ball that shows the future needed.
3. Crystal Ball that shows the future needed.
4. Crystal Ball that shows the future needed.
5. Crystal Ball that shows the future needed.

Do you have a crystal ball of this type?

Point 1 is really your only valid point.
Really UPS manipulating the contract language needs a crystal ball? Have you been living under a rock or just oblivious to what UPS does to language that is not black and white. In the new agreement at the end of guarantee 8hrs and 5 consecutive days it states when scheduled and if work is available. So if you have had Saturday ground this means routes cut and drivers not scheduled Monday to work during to 22.4s eating up work on the weekend.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
In the Central Region, we have had Tues-Sat language for 40 years and also have Sun-Thurs.

They aren't paid at a premium unless you would work a 6th or 7th punch.

My personal feeling is.... there aren't going to be as many 22.4 jobs as people think.

-Bug-[/QUOTE]
So good faith is the way to go with UPS when negotiating? We will just assume there was no need to add this language because they will not use it, in return no more full time jobs for part timers. Please explain your theory behind your comment because it makes no sense. Why would the company agree to something that gives them little benefit and the union give such a concession unless it was to be utilized to each others gain.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Really UPS manipulating the contract language needs a crystal ball? Have you been living under a rock or just oblivious to what UPS does to language that is not black and white. In the new agreement at the end of guarantee 8hrs and 5 consecutive days it states when scheduled and if work is available. So if you have had Saturday ground this means routes cut and drivers not scheduled Monday to work during to 22.4s eating up work on the weekend.
Language doesn't even say ground or air, it just says Saturday delivery. So virtually every building is eligible for 22.4s with that sneaky ass language!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Any language should be strictly enforced by grievances?

My experience has shown me that very few teamster employees have ever even filed a grievance to participate in unionism.

The machinery is there to do your part when the company violates.

Brownsocks

Just a dog

The idea was to find out how this new language/job is directly affecting individuals who are very vocally against it here on the BC.

Only 2 so far, I think 2, have answered and both have admitted that it won't directly affect them.

If individuals don't start sharing how this is going to directly impact them then I believe many comments against the language/job is going to be viewed as anti-union comments by malcontents.

In my experience with the Union, it has always be recognized that there is a certain percentage of people who are dysfunctional, malcontents who you just can't make happy. Discussions were never geared at those.

I think "as long as work is available" is all the answer needed to be given. My father is in the UAW and they instituted two tier at his company 2 contracts ago now they are trying to get rid of it, because it is creating turmoil that affects everyone who works there.

M

MenInBrown

Not too sure it really matters what directly affects most people. To see what the company is doing to affect thousands of others is enough to VOTE NO!