STRIKE!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Mustacheyouaquestion, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Mustacheyouaquestion

Mustacheyouaquestion 60 minute lunch

The agreement put before us is a joke. If they do not have something we can work with by August 1st we should strike. No extensions. If we let them pay other drivers less for the same job then we have lost everything we have fought for in years past.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • List
  2. Safebychoice

Safebychoice Member

I hope we do strike simply so I can cross the picket line and really get on managements good side. That said, we all know we ain’t striking. When both sides agree to an extension you already know everyone is going to play nice.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Days

Days Active Member

Lol oh wow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

Ok. You have to be joking with this crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. KenYouDigIt

KenYouDigIt New Member

Heard from the old timers that's what went down last strike ....extension = closer to peak ...LL.BEAN : YOU GUYS OK? .....strike = see you never LL bean.

7. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

We still deliver L.L. bean guy. Nice try.

8. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

Yeah a lot has changed in 21 years. Who would you ship with come October? A company that has an unsettled labor dispute? That’ll do wonders for the stock price too.

9. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I just read on this site that UPS is the third largest private employer, next to Walmart and Amazon. If this tentative agreement is voted down they will go back to the table and that process will continue much like the pilots and airline mechanics have. We do have the right to call a strike and it does give the power for the International to give notice and walk but does anybody seriously thinks there will be one with the damage that it would do to the nation's economy. The last one lasted 2 weeks, this one would last 2 hours before the Feds start running the show. The last strike was history making and that was before cell phones, 24 hour cable news and high speed internet, it would have a devastating effect on every business in america.

Saying that why would anybody in their right mine would vote "yes" on the first contract when we know that it will better on the second, third, fourth and five time. One of the first rules of negotiations is to never take the first offer, if this one needs more work send it back. It is that simple.

Watch out for the fear mongering out there..The "Closed Shop" button pushing by stupid people..Management or Not..do not fall for it (get the big picture) folks.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  10. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Does the 22.4 job directly effect you?

11. Future

Future Victory Ride

It effects every full time driver

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  12. mjjlohn

mjjlohn Active Member

Yeah it affects us.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

This question is directed specifically to @Mustacheyouaquestion.

14. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

Stop asking that. This is a union, a brotherhood, and there's more to voting "yes" or "no" than just "me."

15. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

I understand the principles behind unionism and solidarity.

I will continue to try to get individuals to share how this new language will directly effect them.

It is important.

If they don't want to share it is is their right, decision and business.

@Bastiatian how might this new 22.4 language and job directly effect you?

16. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

047070B6-6CCA-40B8-A966-38364C00B893.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

It won't, but it's still bad language. At a minimum, there need to be severe monetary penalties for using more 22.4s than allowed, working them when RPCDs are laid off, and using them as an excuse not to hire more RPCDs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Back in '97 we had one person who crossed. When all was settled, management had no respect for that person. They were gone within a month.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Thank you for your direct answer. I appreciate your willingness to share this.

Were not these issues addressed in the conference call.

20. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Whacha' going to do if it is approved?