STRIKE!

Integrity

Binge Poster
1. Potential to take work from me and my brothers with cheaper labor.
2. In time will experience growing resentment from the lower paid combo drivers, destroying our solidarity.
3. Will drag down wages and general compensation in the future for drivers in general.
4. Allowing UPS to take an inch will result in them taking a mile in the future.
5. The target on my back will grow. Management will be pushed by upper management to weed out higher paid existing drivers because they have more flexibility with the 22.4s. Just find a way to escalate discipline with a current driver leading to termination, use 22.4s to fill in the gap while they hire a new RPCD or move a 22.4 into that slot as an new RPCD.

Make no mistake, this 22.4 language is a chink in our armor!
1. Seniority should prevail when OT is worked. A decent supplement should cover this protection.
2. Crystal Ball that shows the future needed.
3. Crystal Ball that shows the future needed.
4. Crystal Ball that shows the future needed.
5. Crystal Ball that shows the future needed.

Do you have a crystal ball of this type?

Point 1 is really your only valid point.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Does the 22.4 job directly effect you?

Look at it this way...
You have a group of full time drivers that deliver a package for X amount of dollars
They have rights written into the contract that protect their job.
and they also should not have to work weekends. OH and they will not be forced to split shift.

Then there is this other proposed group of drivers that will deliver that same package for less than the full time drivers. They will be forced to split shift for their daily dispatch up to 59 hours a week. They have no right to grieve any infractions against them because they have no protection written into the contract. Working weekends should be at a premium wage not a reduced wage.

Seems fair. Whatever happened to a fair day's pay for a fair day's work.

vvv

They would be hiring more drivers.

Maybe you haven't read the language.... or can comprehend it.

Well, you can't work 7 days a week and would be in the minority.

So while I might admire the sentiment, it's false bravado stating that.

My loyalty is with the active participating members.

Not with people that are afraid of their own shadows, and won't even file a grievance.

You know who they are.....

-Bug-

Brother.....did someone hijack your account?

Hiring more drivers is great, but I sit here wondering how you can condone and accept the company paying other drivers less....it should be an absolute no go.

I for one don't want all the OT or weekend work myself and feel for the new guys that would get it handed to them.

Having said that, weekend duty would go to the new/lower senior guys and when they work up the totem pole then they'd get Monday-Friday and a new younger crop would assume that role over time.....and so on.

BUT.....we should NEVER allow the company to pay them LESS than us. If anything and especially on Sunday they should be paid an EXTRA PREMIUM.

Hiring an ample amount of regular drivers like ourselves at the same pay rate to curb excessive OT and cover weekends, as well as giving us more bodies to cover the holiday onslaught of deliveries is not going to handcuff the company monetarily.

vvv

1. Seniority should prevail when OT is worked. A decent supplement should cover this protection.

Don't be a clown. Not all are solid but there's more than one he has right.

vvv

I care about my future and the future of my brothers. I still have 21 years to go and I don't want to see a second class of fulltime driver. It's just a sellout!

I don't have much time to go myself and can probably walk tomorrow if I so choose to.

To me, it's not just about me. It's about what's fair and right for now as well as the workers moving forward when I won't be around. And not being crapped on and made a fool of.

Accepting this garbage is like rolling over and jutting your bottom up high and repeatedly taking it from whoever comes along.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hoffa and Company have to go. Too old, too weak, and spineless.

You realize (of course) there are 18 different divisions within the Teamsters.

UPS only being one.

What was the IBT President doing yesterday ?

Rallying in support of pension reform.

Teamsters, Miners, Bakery Unions Join Together to Demand Pension Reform

37006050_10211603296709956_6077243187557040128_n.jpg

Not afraid to interact with all Union members.... regardless of their Union affiliation.

Where is FZ ?

This was a big deal. No opposition loudmouths ?

-Bug-

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You realize (of course) there are 18 different divisions within the Teamsters.

UPS only being one.

What was the IBT President doing yesterday ?

Rallying in support of pension reform.

Teamsters, Miners, Bakery Unions Join Together to Demand Pension Reform

37006050_10211603296709956_6077243187557040128_n.jpg

Not afraid to interact with all Union members.... regardless of their Union affiliation.

Where is FZ ?

This was a big deal. No opposition loudmouths ?

-Bug-
So you are ok with garbage like hybrid drivers?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
@DELACROIX, does the 22.4 job/language directly effect you?

No..Not in a driving position, did a little of it back in "87", worked Hub in the early 80's, preload off and on since the 90's the feeder department some in the mid 80's. I have over 41 years in with over 30 years full time and 11 part time, so I can relate to most of the classifications..

My current job classification is under the package division but as rare as "hen's teeth". A Teamster member since l977.

The concept of these 22.4 position is understandable, we need more full time opportunities and promotion for the part timers who are willing to make this a career. The problem is the trust issue.

Last edited:

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey

This is where you're wrong. It's not a crystal ball that is needed. YOU need a history book. His points all represent what has happened in the past when you give UPS an opening.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Saying that why would anybody in their right mine would vote "yes" on the first contract when we know that it will better on the second, third, fourth and five time. One of the first rules of negotiations is to never take the first offer, if this one needs more work send it back. It is that simple.
"Last Best Final Offer", until the next offer after that one. Past experience, "97".