Stupid Rear Ender. What to Do?

Oldfart

MVR stands for Motor Vehicle Reports.
The report my insurance company just showed me when I changed companies called it Moving Violations. I never paid attention the 1 FDX shows me, I just write NONE on it and sign it. Guess I need to look at the title across the top

This if from my state Dept of Safety website. They call it "Moving Violation Report"

There are three ways to get your driving history (also called a moving violation report or MVR).

Last edited:

SmithBarney

And watch yourself get suspended when they pull your DMV record and find an unreported accident or moving violation.

Fortunately FDX doesn't pull 100% of CRR Driving Records each year, its a cost saving measure... just like not requiring all CRRs to be DOT anymore.

Last edited:

Oldfart

Fortunately FDX doesn't pull 100% of CRR Driving Records each year, its a cost saving measure... just like not requiring att CRRs to be DOT anymore.
I sign mine every year. Just did it back in April. Sounds like your station might be making up its own rules. I believe an MVR is required for every driver employed by any company that is regulated by DOT.

I would imagine a large company might just pay a set fee and that allows them to pull unlimited MVR's. I know I was just shopping for a new insurance company. I called at least 6 companies and they accessed my MVR while I was on the phone. I can't believe these insurance companies pay each state for a MVR EVERY time a prospective customer calls them for a quote.

Last edited:

SmithBarney

I sign mine every year. Just did it back in April. Sounds like your station might be making up its own rules. I believe an MVR is required for every driver employed by any company that is regulated by DOT.

You sign it every year so they have permission to Pull your info. You believe they pull it, and that's what they want, they want you to believe they pull it. You can go to the DMV and pay them, they'll tell you if your information have been pulled, and possibly by whom.

Oldfart

You sign it every year so they have permission to Pull your info. You believe they pull it, and that's what they want, they want you to believe they pull it. You can go to the DMV and pay them, they'll tell you if your information have been pulled, and possibly by whom.
Whatever you say.

I just did a quick search. DOT website said a MVR is required for every driver employed by a company regulated by DOT. Doesn't matter to me. I have nothing to hide. No moving violations in 30 years. Pull it, don't pull it. I don't care.

SmithBarney

Whatever you say.

I just did a quick search. DOT website said a MVR is required for every driver employed by a company regulated by DOT. Doesn't matter to me. I have nothing to hide. No moving violations in 30 years. Pull it, don't pull it. I don't care.

I don't care if they do or not, I just happened to find out, since a coworker after 5 years had been putting the wrong DL # on the form(don't know if it was intentional or not), and never heard anything till this past year. Which I find funny since the company has a copy of our license in our files.

Oldfart

I would imagine your # is in our system somewhere and when they are pulled, that # would be used. I have no idea but I can't see them manually ordering 40k or so MVR every year. Seems like there would be a screen with all the information on there to order it. Either way, I sign the form every year, what happens after that doesn't concern me.

Don't get me started about the pain we go thru to get the DOT physical and the Homeland Security paperwork turned in properly every 2 years.

MassWineGuy

Hey everyone, thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful help.

I was planning to have my shop write up the estimate and send it to the insurance company. Until then I won't know how much they'd pay me. It's an older car so im thinking they'll want to total it.

Oldfart

I was planning to have my shop write up the estimate and send it to the insurance company. Until then I won't know how much they'd pay me. It's an older car so im thinking they'll want to total it.
Full coverage on an older car can sometimes be good or bad. Depending on how long you have been paying for it, in some instances, several years worth of premiums cost what the car is worth. I drive older paid for vehicles and once I feel I can replace that car without much out of my pocket, I usually drop full coverage and go with liability and uninsured only. Just a thought.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You can also download it online.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your insurance company will send an adjuster to check out the damage.

dvalleyjim

If your not in your FedEx truck and it's not a seat belt, cell phone or DUI. You'll have to report it on your yearly report, if you wear cited. I don't know what it is but they check your license to see if you have anything. Don't sweat it. If no police violation, then why are we talking? It's just a minor traffic accident in your personal vehicle. Don't let the paranoid get to you. Know one's out to get you.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Glad to see u were ok in all of this... yeah, these crumple zones of newer vehicles will total a car these days.

But, didn't you "leave you're self and out"???

U were trained by UPS standards first, yes?

I'm just ribbing u...

I actually did what OF stated, in regards to my commuter car.

Since I'm mostly taking the work vehicle home with me when I'm done flinging the boxes out of the sliding side door like this:

I only put 700 miles on my personal car the past year when I took this rural route, LoL.

Had to use fuel stabilizer and just drive my car to the grocery store and back at least on a weekend once in a blue moon to keep the fluids circulating.

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

Orion, you're absolutely right. Obviously, i didn't leave myself an out. Nor was I seeing the big picture.

But guess what? Today my manager gave me a one year of safe driving award.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Speaking of rear enders, did anyone else get this "safety" message?
IMG_0186.JPG