Stupid Rear Ender. What to Do?

dmac1

I don't recall what the limit is, but in states where I've lived, it is a law that accidents over a certain $$$$ amount be reported. It would be easy for states to cross reference insurance claims with reported accidents if they wanted to. You wouldn't face being cited for the accident, but then could be cited for not reporting it, AND then have fedex see the violation later. Not saying this is already happening, but it easily could be. I would think that if you report the accident to the state as required, you wouldn't be cited, and fedex would never see any violations.

!Retired!

"What happened to your hood?"
"I bumped a rock at the park"
YOU bumped a rock......preventable.
I believe you might be mistaken. Pretty sure company policy requires you to report any moving violation before you drive a company vehicle after receiving the citation. I know you do here and I can't believe it is a station, district or region requirement.
Ask your manager. We don't report them here. The point is moot for me. My last ticket was a speeding ticket 12 years ago, the one before that was 29 years ago.
Ok. The other driver and I exchanged information and drove on. No police. No ticket. Do I need to report this event to my manager? A notice on our station's safety board says it's mandatory to report any moving violation.

Is it a violation if an officer doesn't cite you? Doesn't my insurance company tell the state motor vehicle department, where it goes on my record?

Good one, Star B.
We had a courier that was in an accident with another driver. No MAJOR damage, just a little on the bumper. She didn't report it. Lady got home and her husband called FedEx to say we hit his wife's car. The courier is not a courier any longer. I was hit while parked on my break. There is a waiver of liability in the accident pouch. I had her sign it and called my manager. No harm, no foul.

It will be fine

YOU bumped a rock......preventable.

Ask your manager. We don't report them here. The point is moot for me. My last ticket was a speeding ticket 12 years ago, the one before that was 29 years ago.

We had a courier that was in an accident with another driver. No MAJOR damage, just a little on the bumper. She didn't report it. Lady got home and her husband called FedEx to say we hit his wife's car. The courier is not a courier any longer. I was hit while parked on my break. There is a waiver of liability in the accident pouch. I had her sign it and called my manager. No harm, no foul.
Those waivers are hilarious. Even if you're at fault why would you sign off on a form saying so? I always laugh when people sign those, but it's great for me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We had a courier that was in an accident with another driver. No MAJOR damage, just a little on the bumper. She didn't report it. Lady got home and her husband called FedEx to say we hit his wife's car. The courier is not a courier any longer.

Assuming there's no damage to the FedEx truck and she's dumb enough to admit that she was going to let it go until she got home and her husband overruled her, if I'm the courier then I have no idea at all what she's talking about.

BootsOnTarmac

As a Courier you would be falsifying. Is that OK with you? Two vehicles connected, damage or not, you need to report it. So you would deny it happened?

Oldfart

Assuming there's no damage to the FedEx truck and she's dumb enough to admit that she was going to let it go until she got home and her husband overruled her, if I'm the courier then I have no idea at all what she's talking about.
Shows again you are full of crap a lot of the time.

59 Dano

Now at least you know for certain Dano is a Manager... ;) Falsifying, Lying, Cheating... All Qualifications for top Management positions.

If the courier admits that he didn't report the incident, he's fired anyway. Nothing to lose by taking a shot.

59 Dano

You will lose a job over an incident. Makes you a total tool.

Company might be much better off without you. Liars have no place in the workforce.

Ideally, you report the incident as expected. That's what I'd do. I'm putting myself in in the shoes of the courier that the other poster mentioned. Termination is almost certain in that scenario because I took someone at her word that it wasn't worth the hassle and didn't report it. If she later decides that she wants to pursue the issue, that's fine. Let her prove it because I don't know what she's talking about and have nothing to say. Odds are that I'd still be fired (and deservedly so), but there's no reason for me to make it easy on them.

Thanks for the preachy mossback perspective. I'll keep that in mind.