stupid things drivers have done to get fired.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
One guy thought having a beer on his lunch was a smart idea.

In the drug and alcohol training they give us a scenario.

"John is in feeders and on his lunch. Since he's technically off duty, can John have a margarita with lunch?"
And that's why I always load up at the bar right next to my center before I report to work in the morning.

Police officer notices what appears to be an abandoned PC in a cul-de-sac. Also notices the bulkhead and rear door are open as he can see through the package compartment. Calls it in and drives to vehicle to investigate. Driver is sitting on rear bumper smoking a fatty. PC filled with smoke.
He's gone.

See if the driver had just done some blow or crank, the officer wouldnt have seen the smoke cloud.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Back in the COD days, one former employee was nm1 stuff and keeping the collected cash. Maybe once you get away with that, but this brain kept doing it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
drivers sleeping while on clock..........gone for good.

driver came to work high..........gone after drug tested.

driver took girlfriend with him...........gone.

driver hit parked trailer and then lied about it.......gone.

driver selling firearms on the job............gone.

driver got DUI ( 2nd ) while off duty..........gone.

driver having sex with customer while on duty.......gone.

BTW. none of these drivers got their job back. also you will be gone if you hit another employee, come to work drunk, refuse a drug or alcohol test, altering a time card or other dishonesty. there are more reasons but cant think of them right now.

edit. you can also use the search function. there are other threads on this topic.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

drivers sleeping while on clock..........gone for good.

driver came to work high..........gone after drug tested.

driver took girlfriend with him...........gone.

driver hit parked trailer and then lied about it.......gone.

driver selling firearms on the job............gone.

driver got DUI ( 2nd ) while off duty..........gone.

driver having sex with customer while on duty.......gone.

BTW. none of these drivers got their job back. also you will be gone if you hit another employee, come to work drunk, refuse a drug or alcohol test, altering a time card or other dishonesty. there are more reasons but cant think of them right now.

edit. you can also use the search function. there are other threads on this topic.

I find it ironic that you chastise someone for not using the search function when you failed to do so before starting your David Bowie thread.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
What's the old adage....if you live in a glass house? Maybe you should use the search function yourself sometime.
gimme a break. if you dont like it you can fly a kite. i was just trying to be helpful .

tough small minded people hiding behind a keyboard. sad.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
image.jpeg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I've seen a few drivers get fired over the years for stupid things. One was caught going through the guard gate with jewelry stolen from a package. Another was making deliveries to a drug dealer first thing in the morning at a certain home improvement chain. We had one that was caught with a handgun in his backpack as he went through the metal detector, he claimed he forgot it was there. One guy kept sexually harassing one of his customers and was warned many times to stop. One driver got fired for knocking over a mailbox and didn't report it since he told the homeowner he would fix it on his own. The homeowner called in when the driver's mother came out to replace it.

The strangest was when I first started driving over thirty years ago. A driver was going through a divorce and first got caught with a woman in the back of his P-400. For some reason, he started working on the clock at a Motel 6 on his route. He was seen cutting grass in his uniform among other things, that was the final straw.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Driver got accused of sexually harassing a customer. Apparently he did it so much they set up a camera and got it on video. Driver was also married.

We had one of those in our one center as well. He then got another job as a real estate agent. A few years later he killed himself.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Back in the days of collecting cash for COD's I saw two drivers get fired for pocketing the COD money,then turning it in the following week. Neither got their job back.

we had a driver a few years ago who would invent stops using made up shipper numbers ( this was in the days of 6 digit shipper numbers ) and would sit put for two hours or so stealing time every day. He was fired and didnt try to get his job back