stupid things drivers have done to get fired.

El Correcto

god is dead
We got a driver at my center that has had an affair with a customer on his route, fired job back.
He beat a preload supervisor was arrested for assault and battery fired/rehired. (sup stayed gone for pushing the driver first.)
Currently when he gets back to the hub, he'll walk around filing grievances on supervisors working while on the clock... Nothing has been said or done..

Other than this guy it's just been petty theft or rolling a package.

I like the fact he is still around, gives me faith I won't lose my job, even though I've been over allowed an hour+ everyday since peak season "ended".

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we have had some drivers that seem to always get away with murder and never get fired. and then one guy makes one mistake in 20 years and he's gone.

El Correcto

god is dead
we have had some drivers that seem to always get away with murder and never get fired. and then one guy makes one mistake in 20 years and he's gone.
I'm guessing they just know how to work the grievance system and document the right things against their superiors. Maybe they have upper management connects + union pals. No clue......

rod

Retired 22 years
I think the only hourly we had totally fired was one who didn't fight his charges. Other than that I would say 80% of the people I worked with were fired temporarily at one time in their career----some more than once. Management would seem to get on a real firing kick every once in awhile.

brown67

Driver stole $30,000 worth of IPOD Touches over several months.

Weirdest was sup who was straight laced, by the book, born again christian. Turned out he and his wife were swingers. While spouse swapping with another couple he decided to have sex with this other couples under age kid. Think the girl was 12. Got 14 years in jail.

underworked1

We got a driver at my center that has had an affair with a customer on his route, fired job back.
He beat a preload supervisor was arrested for assault and battery fired/rehired. (sup stayed gone for pushing the driver first.)
Currently when he gets back to the hub, he'll walk around filing grievances on supervisors working while on the clock... Nothing has been said or done..

Other than this guy it's just been petty theft or rolling a package.

I like the fact he is still around, gives me faith I won't lose my job, even though I've been over allowed an hour+ everyday since peak season "ended".
As long as you made it past your 30 days they can't touch you for performance. As long as you follow the methods you can be 3 hours over every day, provided you aren't screwing around out there.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Had a guy in our center decided to take a dump in the middle drawer of the manager's desk. Manager opened drawer and lost it. They couldn't prove who did it. Guy got his time in and retired.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Back in the days of collecting cash for COD's I saw two drivers get fired for pocketing the COD money,then turning it in the following week. Neither got their job back.

we had a driver a few years ago who would invent stops using made up shipper numbers ( this was in the days of 6 digit shipper numbers ) and would sit put for two hours or so stealing time every day. He was fired and didnt try to get his job back

Lots of stop & mile padders over the years, most with over 25 years seniority. One was even a steward who was sheeting up the same 5 barcodes every day. Lots of drivers who would use handwritten ASD's to ship stolen packages or ship for free (had a few drivers moonlighting as real estate agents during the last housing boom who loved to do that). One mechanic for stealing the copper from leftover wire from repairs and wire from bad lightcords. A few with DUIs who thought they could hide it from the company and ended up being arrested at work.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Back when we collected cash money for COD's, we had to turn the envelope in every night with our turn in. One driver was always broke, and he would float a loan to himself with the cash, and when they would catch it in accounting as a shortage, he would always pay it back days or a week later. He finally got to the point where he couldn't catch up. Had a center manager get fired for stealing an autographed baseball that was supposed to be used as a prize in a sales lead contest. Saw a part timer bolt past me while walking to the guard shack, LP right behind him. Seems he knew certain jewelry company packages (they don't usually use their names for obvious reasons) and he was stealing diamonds. He actually made it out of the building before they caught him. I doubt he came back for his last check, tho. lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The topic is stupid things drivers did to get fired, not stupid thing drivers did and still kept their jobs.
200f2g1g2g2gg.gif

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I think the only hourly we had totally fired was one who didn't fight his charges. Other than that I would say 80% of the people I worked with were fired temporarily at one time in their career----some more than once. Management would seem to get on a real firing kick every once in awhile.
Had a guy in our center decided to take a dump in the middle drawer of the manager's desk. Manager opened drawer and lost it. They couldn't prove who did it. Guy got his time in and retired.
We had a tax evader who spent the summer in jail and was allowed to retired shortly after being released.

The topic is stupid things drivers did to get fired, not stupid thing drivers did and still kept their jobs.

You must have missed the other posts where drivers kept their job...

stay on topic please.
Ooops