stupid things drivers have done to get fired.

32F driver

Supes were doing observations where they noticed 2 package cars parked side by side & no drivers around. They use their keys to open them up & find the male & female drivers in the back having sex. Both fired on the spot. She got her job back He took "early retirement", at managements suggestion, so his wife wouldn't find out.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's funny. In most any other job, people try to get out of jury duty.

Those court houses are a hell of a lot warmer in Jan. and Feb. than a UPS truck. I loved jury duty during the winter session. The two or three times the judge turned us loose at 10:00 or so you never saw me running back to the center.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I knew of a driver who went on a unscheduled vacation and was having his girlfriend calling in that he was sick , but she forgot .
He got his job back .

I know of an air driver who either was fired or quit for a total of 23 times over several years before he finally stopped showing up , works as a bus driver for the MBTA . And he's in trouble there too .

A female air driver pm pick-ups , I saw her leave the building in an P-700 that day arrive later at the air belt drop off door in a P 3 .
I thought something was off about it .
Since earlier that evening a FedX driver called the center reporting that a PC was driving around with a broken windshield and the on car thought it was I .
Turns out the air driver did smash the vehicle up very badly , finished the pick-ups , came back to the building , parked the P 700 facing inward in front of a unused door , unloaded everything into an empty p 3 , then drove the 100 feet around the building to the air door to unload , punched out and went home .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Back in the day COD was Cash , the centers would place all the money in a special purple pouch to be carried up stairs to the accounting office .
Well one evening a clerk was hanging out in the hallway leading to the stairs , he kept asking everyone going by if they had the pouch , most said no , when someone said yes , he grabbed it and ran for the nearest exit door .
Now I know this thread is about drivers , but this is a really stupid thing to do , since everyone knew his name . He was caught before he made it home .

ski or die

Ski or Die
One of the people who cleaned the hub during the day decided he was tired and needed an nap. He laid down on one of the belts and started cutting zzz's. Sup came by and he was fired. He was back to work 3 days later.
Also, during a meeting with a manager that I knew who was in LP once told me he wasn't concerned when he would fire someone for an offence and they would win their grievance and get their job back. He said he was just happy to get into their pocket and get some of their money.

barnyard

KTM rider
Those court houses are a hell of a lot warmer in Jan. and Feb. than a UPS truck. I loved jury duty during the winter session. The two or three times the judge turned us loose at 10:00 or so you never saw me running back to the center.

I just finished my stint on jury duty. The 1 trial I was called for, the judge comes in and says, "The defendant saw you all walking in and decided to plead guilty. Thank you for you service, you are free to do whatever you want for the rest of the day, I will not tell your boss."

I stood up and said, "Hookers and blow, see ya."

He looked at me and said, "Not that."

Sometimes adulting is hard.